Page 107 of 626 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207607 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    I feel kind of jealous how avengers, Ultimates, justice League and fantastic four face credible threats that actually challenge them.

In Uncanny Psylocke couldn't stop a crowd of normal humans because they were "too angry". You won't see that happen to Martian Manhunter in a justice League book.

It's why I want Jean on a space team, look at the era where Rachel, Polaris and Havok were in space and compare them to now being back on earth.

Powerful characters don't break a story. As long as you have a good writer. Look at Gillens extinction team of Magik, Storm, Danger, Magneto, Hope and Emma frost.

I've been saying it, the problem is the writers. Just look at the battles in Disassembled, no coordination, no strategy, just everyone blasting each other and trying to over power them. I miss the times when the Xmen would discuss strategies and formations.
    Imagine if Jean had asked Legion to combine his telepathy with her and Psylocke using cerebra to restrain Nate grey,when he first projected his plans to the world, and while other teams went out to stop the attacks around the world. They would have ended the threat easily.
    Powerful characters in themselves don't break stories, but Marvel has a bad habit of pumping characters way beyond what works. If Phoenix had stayed being just a powered up version of Jean, it would have worked better. Instead, they made it 12th on the list of the most powerful things to exist in the entire Marvel universe, Gods included. Superman is stronger than almost every Avenger, but his stories work because his opponents are a tangible threat, even when it isn't a world-ending threat like Darkseid or Brainiac.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I'm ok with Jean being an Avenger since she could still pull double-duty with the X-Men. The X-office was able to make it work with Wolverine for years, so why not Jean? I'd definitely enjoy seeing Jean developing new friendships outside the X-Men.

On a related note, I've always wondered if there was some unspoken rule within the Avengers office that they couldn't use telepaths, because for the world's most mightiest heroes, it's the one powerset they are almost always lacking in. Perhaps because it's so entrenched in X-Men lore, they just let the X-office handle the psychic domain.
    Moodragon and Sersi are both powerful telepaths that were Avengers, but neither has been on the main team of Avengers in decades.

As for Jean in both the Avengers and X-Men, the problem is the Avengers are often written as enemies of the X-Men.

All they have to do is consistently give the X-Men powerful foes that the heroes have to struggle or strategize to defeat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    I feel kind of jealous how avengers, Ultimates, justice League and fantastic four face credible threats that actually challenge them.

In Uncanny Psylocke couldn't stop a crowd of normal humans because they were "too angry". You won't see that happen to Martian Manhunter in a justice League book.

It's why I want Jean on a space team, look at the era where Rachel, Polaris and Havok were in space and compare them to now being back on earth.

Powerful characters don't break a story. As long as you have a good writer. Look at Gillens extinction team of Magik, Storm, Danger, Magneto, Hope and Emma frost.

I've been saying it, the problem is the writers. Just look at the battles in Disassembled, no coordination, no strategy, just everyone blasting each other and trying to over power them. I miss the times when the Xmen would discuss strategies and formations.
    Imagine if Jean had asked Legion to combine his telepathy with her and Psylocke using cerebra to restrain Nate grey,when he first projected his plans to the world, and while other teams went out to stop the attacks around the world. They would have ended the threat easily.
    Disassembled was ridiculous rushed, and I think the X-office will remain a mess until the merger with Disney is complete and they get some communications as to broader strategy.

did any check the previews? next one getting the phoenix...... Cosmic Ghost rider!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Powerful characters in themselves don't break stories, but Marvel has a bad habit of pumping characters way beyond what works. If Phoenix had stayed being just a powered up version of Jean, it would have worked better. Instead, they made it 12th on the list of the most powerful things to exist in the entire Marvel universe, Gods included. Superman is stronger than almost every Avenger, but his stories work because his opponents are a tangible threat, even when it isn't a world-ending threat like Darkseid or Brainiac.
    12th is an understatement... But yes Phoenix Force is super powerful.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    What a lackluster pic.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    What a lackluster pic.
    To be fair, I'm not sure if it's official. Could be fanmade.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    i think is official and i think the poster is just ok
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

This literally looks like the last stand all over again minus Wolverine.

What a way to make people remember X3

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    Nope. What she needs is consistent focus for a bit and writers that will show her struggling to achieve her goal while dealing with that part of herself that enjoyed being Phoenix, that scares herself and others. That's not to say that I don't want her in the main title, but if that would be just to stand around doing nothing or being the new Emma while somebody postures at Captain America or whatever, she'd be better off as the star of a side title.
    Agree, I prefer Jean leading or co-leading a spin off than being a nobody on the main team.

Ive must caught up on last 8 pages or so.

Some Jean fans really as whiny as Jeen when she first came to the present. I dont get why everyone is SO obsessed with Jeen’s pink form, and why the insust Jean should use it. Why!? Why cant people jusy ge happt Hean is back, yes lets gave valid discussions / complaints about that costume, her characterisation between writers, the sorry state of the X universe in general.

I really dont see why they started Uncanny just to make an AU so soon after. If Age if X Man had to happen (but did it really) id rather have seen it as a story runnung between Xblue and XGold, and then Uncanny being born out of the end if Age of XMan. It would feel like a starter for Uncanny instead of this lacklustrectemporary start and almost straight away a re boot.

Im nit getting the Age if Xman stuff, so am missing my Hean fix. Im just using reviews and mainly you guys to check outbwhat is going on.

I did laugh at the Jean / Ororo comment. I def see Ororo and being sexually fluid, but nit Jean. She’s a hetero fag hag to me!! Id love her to have been my best str8 buddy! ��

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Ive must caught up on last 8 pages or so.

Some Jean fans really as whiny as Jeen when she first came to the present. I dont get why everyone is SO obsessed with Jeen’s pink form, and why the insust Jean should use it. Why!? Why cant people jusy ge happt Hean is back, yes lets gave valid discussions / complaints about that costume, her characterisation between writers, the sorry state of the X universe in general.

I�
    it was cool and it helped differentiate her tp from other celeb users, also it's a nice nod to her recently acquired awareness of the time spent in the future
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    12th is an understatement... But yes Phoenix Force is super powerful.
    According to the Marvel Cosmic Chart, Phoenix is 12th.

1. One Above All
    2. The Fulcrum
    3. The Dreaming Celestial
    4. The Beyonder (Pre-Nerf)
    5. Molecule Man (Pre-Nerf)
    6. Scathan the Approver
    7. The Living Tribunal
    8. Protege
    9. Mad Jim Jaspers
    10. Franklin Richards (Pre-Nerf)
    11. The Celestial Order (Kubik, Kosmos, Mikaboshi the Sky King)
    12. Phoenix Force (tied with Shuma-Gorrath, Cyttorak, Chthon, Abraxus, The Vishanti)

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-dark-phoen...trailer-tease/