Page 108 of 626 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208608 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    it was cool and it helped differentiate her tp from other celeb users, also it's a nice nod to her recently acquired awareness of the time spent in the future
    The effect was good, but im more than happy for it to remain part of Jeen’s uniqueness, rather than being part of Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    The effect was good, but im more than happy for it to remain part of Jeen’s uniqueness, rather than being part of Jean.
    would jeen still be around I would have agreed with you but she is gone, now that Jeen = Jean, considering it was one of the few positive development in the last 10 years, I see no point in trowing that away as well.
    We already have to see all her phoenix imagery used and abused to the point that it's no longer a distinguishing feature so why wouldn't we want to keep the one characteristic about her mutant powers that Jean developed on her own in decades of publishing history?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

The dark red trench coat and visible veins have shown up in previous images, but seeing that poster just makes me upset. It boggles my mind that they would use a look that obviously invokes the image of X-Men: The Last Stand when they are trying to make us forget they botched the Dark Phoenix Saga the first time.

The funny thing is the dark red trench coat design clearly was inspired by the Scarlet Witch's look from X-Men: Evolution, which came out a few years before The Last Stand.

Last edited by nightw1ng; 02-26-2019 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post

The dark red trench coat and visible veins have shown up in previous images, but seeing that poster just makes me upset. It boggles my mind that they would use a look that was obviously inspired by X-Men: The Last Stand when they are trying to make us forget they botched the Dark Phoenix Saga the first time.

The funny thing is the dark red trench coat design clearly was inspired by the Scarlet Witch's look from X-Men: Evolution, which came out a few years before The Last Stand.

I miss Wanda with the long hair from her first appearance in Evolution. With the red streaks it looked freaking awesome.

OT: The poster is underwhelming...

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

The flaw in JDW's analogy is that Jean's telepathy allows her to remember everything. She should be able to recall something she did as a teenager just as easily as she did something yesterday. They even just brought up Jean's perfect memory in Marvelous X-Men.

Exactly, but like most minor or understated interactions or abilities she possess will be casually ignored or forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Ugh, I love Jean and the X-men but just no, I hate to say this but the entirety of this movie as well as XTLS could prevent Marvel from going back to the well and attempting the story correctly. I hope this thing is canceled, everything about the roll out has been menial, boring, and an outright retread. This is too rushed, and it won't be close to representative of what Jean Grey is or the story of the DPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Exactly, but like most minor or understated interactions or abilities she possess will be casually ignored or forgotten.

Ugh, I love Jean and the X-men but just no, I hate to say this but the entirety of this movie as well as XTLS could prevent Marvel from going back to the well and attempting the story correctly. I hope this thing is canceled, everything about the roll out has been menial, boring, and an outright retread. This is too rushed, and it won't be close to representative of what Jean Grey is or the story of the DPS!
    nuke it from orbit I say !
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

the biggest problem is how this film could affect Disney's projects regarding Jean for the future. That if the marvel cinematic trend and superheroes in general survive after Endgame

straight to Hulu owuld be a lot better, too bad Disney still can't tak eover ocmpletely over Fox

First X-Lady

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

You know how many people were saying the MCU basically made Wanda into Jean Grey?

The dark red trench coat and visible veins have shown up in previous images, but seeing that poster just makes me upset. It boggles my mind that they would use a look that obviously invokes the image of X-Men: The Last Stand when they are trying to make us forget they botched the Dark Phoenix Saga the first time.
    Uh, those aren’t veins.

I think you’re giving Marvel Studios too much credit. When has the MCU ever done that with any storyline? The people at Marvel Studios were also behind Wolverine & The X-Men which did their own version of Dark Phoenix with some of the same liberties.

Also this movie literally can’t get cancelled.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 02-27-2019 at 03:39 AM.

I cannot believe that they actually did the red trench coat again. God, these guys are dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I cannot believe that they actually did the red trench coat again. God, these guys are dumb.
    You’ve knew about this for a few months now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    You’ve knew about this for a few months now.
    I was hoping she would wear that for one or two scenes or something. But now seeing it on official poster... ugh.

BANNED

I'm not even of the "Disney name makes it better" crowd, but the teasers released for this movie so far really do annoy me.

Storm with black hair. Intentional call backs and what seems like shot-for-shot translations of X3. The damned Phoenix coat rather than the glorious body suit and opera gloves. They just refuse to not fail, honestly. Why do the same thing of Apocalypse hinted at real costumes and freaking time shenanigans dictate that things should be different from the first set of movies? Just doesn't make sense.