Page 109 of 626 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209609 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    I'm not even of the "Disney name makes it better" crowd, but the teasers released for this movie so far really do annoy me.

Storm with black hair. Intentional call backs and what seems like shot-for-shot translations of X3. The damned Phoenix coat rather than the glorious body suit and opera gloves. They just refuse to not fail, honestly. Why do the same thing of Apocalypse hinted at real costumes and freaking time shenanigans dictate that things should be different from the first set of movies? Just doesn't make sense.
    The turkey coat looks amazing on Rachel, but it isn't Jean's thing, and the iconic costume is needed. That's what has always bugged me about the Fox Marvel movies: they seem ashamed to BE comic book movies. People loved Iron Man because his armor wasn't the mono-black military designed camo paint straight out of a Christopher Nolan Batman movie, it was just a straight up comic book armor, garish colors and all.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    I'm not even of the "Disney name makes it better" crowd, but the teasers released for this movie so far really do annoy me.

Storm with black hair. Intentional call backs and what seems like shot-for-shot translations of X3. The damned Phoenix coat rather than the glorious body suit and opera gloves. They just refuse to not fail, honestly. Why do the same thing of Apocalypse hinted at real costumes and freaking time shenanigans dictate that things should be different from the first set of movies? Just doesn't make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The turkey coat looks amazing on Rachel, but it isn't Jean's thing, and the iconic costume is needed. That's what has always bugged me about the Fox Marvel movies: they seem ashamed to BE comic book movies. People loved Iron Man because his armor wasn't the mono-black military designed camo paint straight out of a Christopher Nolan Batman movie, it was just a straight up comic book armor, garish colors and all.
    They revealed the Phoenix form over a year ago and this isn’t it. That’s just her base/Phoenix level 1 form that the filmmakers and actors talked about. The Phoenix form resembles the design from Grant Morrison’s Here Comes Tomorrow storyline. There was even leaked footage of it.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 02-27-2019 at 12:48 AM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I was hoping she would wear that for one or two scenes or something. But now seeing it on official poster... ugh.
    That doesn’t really indicate how long she’s going to wear that. Never a book(in this case a poster) by it’s cover.

I know that like, ~THE~ Phoenix look is gonna be the all fiery one, but there's no reason why they couldn't have adapted the Phoenix costume when she's not like that. Or even just use that '90s inspired one she wore at the end of Apocalypse? I didn't LOVE that or anything, but it was much better than this basic AF black costume with a X. It doesn't even really look like any of the black/yellow costumes from the comics, the only real similarity it's the color scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post

The dark red trench coat and visible veins have shown up in previous images, but seeing that poster just makes me upset. It boggles my mind that they would use a look that obviously invokes the image of X-Men: The Last Stand when they are trying to make us forget they botched the Dark Phoenix Saga the first time.
    I think it looks great. Given the types of costumes the X-men are wearing in the trailer, I don't think her classic Phoenix costume with the waist sash would've fit. Plus, I don't see why wearing a similar costume would somehow take away from the movie. For me, it's more important that it get the heart of the Phoenix Saga right this time. There were a lot of things wrong with X3 and the costume Famke wore isn't even top 10. Plus, we've seen behind-the-scenes footage that shows Sophie Turner wearing a CGI suit. That could mean we'll get to see the kind of Phoenix-form halo that never showed up in X3 and made for the best moment in X-men Apocalypse. So even if you don't like the costume, it's very likely you'll still get a lot more Phoenix imagery than we saw in X3.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Given the types of costumes the X-men are wearing in the trailer, I don't think her classic Phoenix costume with the waist sash would've fit.
    That just means that all costumes are bad though.

Variant cover for Ed Piskor’s Grand Design Finale issue 1 via his Facebook page!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Variant cover for Ed Piskor’s Grand Design Finale issue 1 via his Facebook page!
    Too bad Jean's costume is all wrong. She wouldnt wear that for years. Too bad he messed it up bc her X-Factor look was iconic to Inferno

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Subjectively speaking, I honestly do not understand people's LOVE for his art. I think it's vomitously loathsome.

I don't think he messed it up as much as intentionally tweaked. Isn't the whole point of Grand Design to create a compressed version of the X-Men lore?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't think he messed it up as much as intentionally tweaked. Isn't the whole point of Grand Design to create a compressed version of the X-Men lore?
    Wearing her 90s costume though implies that she was in the X-men during Inferno and the main point of that crossover was that it was the first time that the X-men and X-Factor would come face to face after years of build up. Thats a huge thing to tweak and he should have left her X-Factor costume in tact. Her Jim Lee 90s look was very indicative of a major status quo change which feels ignored if its retconned to have been around much earlier

Sounds like X-Factor has been adapted out entirely. That would explain why they went to her first post X-Factor costume.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sounds like X-Factor has been adapted out entirely. That would explain why they went to her first post X-Factor costume.
    Really? Yikes! X-Factor was such a core part of those character's histories especially Jean

Im kind of surprised no one has talked about Vanya from Unbrella Academy and the similarities with Jean / Dark Phoenix story / imagery.....

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah... it's a no from me, dog.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey