Page 11 of 626 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111511 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Mainly? It makes sense for the context of Age of X-Man, and it makes for pretty good drama. That's all.
    Well he tried to kill her son at some point,you could milk some good drama out of that, still seems a bit weak to me, but the dating pool is not very big this days for the X-Men. I still think that Warren would make a lot more sense.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Well he tried to kill her son at some point,you could milk some good drama out of that, still seems a bit weak to me, but the dating pool is not very big this days for the X-Men. I still think that Warren would make a lot more sense.
    He also tried to kill her adopted grand daughter and shot Charles in the face. So her choices are the him, or the guy who used the power that only truly responds to her to kill Charles. Winning combos.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Nah.Warren was never meant to be, it would make zero sense to happen now.

X-men is a very small dating pool, and Jean only ever had the closest to a romantic story with logan. Anyone else is random

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Careful what you wish for. After the first three X-movies, Emma fans clamored for her to be in a movie.

We got... January Jones.

Yeah...

"The second greatest tragedy in life is not getting what you want. The greatest tragedy... is getting it."
    you guys watched the first 3 x-men movies and wanted Emma to be in a x-men movie? oh well...
    Last edited by spirit2011; 01-04-2019 at 05:48 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Warren is like a super handsome flirtatious friend and that's okay anything more would complicate things for both. Also I like Warren and Betsy.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Nah.Warren was never meant to be, it would make zero sense to happen now.

X-men is a very small dating pool, and Jean only ever had the closest to a romantic story with logan. Anyone else is random

you guys watched the first 3 x-men movies and wanted Emma to be in a x-men movie? oh well...
    X1 and X2 were solid movies. X3 was a nightmare, but I still had hope for the series until Origins: Wolverine. That was... unpleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It seems random to me too. I suppose it was because that typhoid mary "crossover". it's so ironic because i find him so similar to scott
    Similar on guys extremely focused on work. Bishop doesn't suffer from insecurities or manpain, only had 1 girlfriend.
    Seems like a improvement if serious guys are what Jean is going after

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    X1 and X2 were solid movies. X3 was a nightmare, but I still had hope for the series until Origins: Wolverine. That was... unpleasant.
    they were pretty bad with female characters

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

they were pretty bad with female characters
    I love Wolverine but the first three movies were bad for everybody not named Wolverine, Magneto or Xavier.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-04-2019 at 06:13 PM.

I love Wolverine but the first three movies were bad for everybody not named Wolverine, Magneto or Xavier.
    I mean, in fairness, the last three movies were pretty bad if you weren't named Xavier, Magneto, or Mystique. Even then...

As far as Stewart, he seemed to be based on the 90s Animated Series version, while McAvoy is the comic book "every bit as bad as Magneto, but on the other side" Xavier.

Ultimate Member

I'm not sure whether or not Warren is even going to the little pocket reality or whatever with Jean and the others or if he's staying in the 616 verse, if it's the latter then it'd be impossible for him to be the one that Jean is supposed to kiss...besides which his situation with Betsy would need to be figured out first imho...

I just fear that Disney would want to pass on Jean. Sometimes it feels that of the core and iconic x-men she is the one that is usually left out.
    I wouldn't worry too much. In most incarnations of the X-Men in media, they usually feature Jean on the team. I think the only time they didn't on a cartoon was in the anime and even then, she was sorta in it. Though usually, she's on the team and in video games, she used to be one of the playable characters.

Mighty Member

I just want an animated show or movie.

Buuuut, if we talkin MCU then yea, I want to see Jean done right ... they can’t skip Dark Phoenix but I want a proper direction n build up.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    I just want an animated show or movie.

Buuuut, if we talkin MCU then yea, I want to see Jean done right ... they can’t skip Dark Phoenix but I want a proper direction n build up.
    Y'know, back int he day I would have loved an X-Men animated show but I feel that currently, Disney's animated hero shows kinda suck. DC's animated shows/movies, Young Justice, Under The Red Hood etc. have great animation and I'd love an X-Men show like that! Top animation, compelling stories and characterization and a dedication the source material and that would be fantastic!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    Y'know, back int he day I would have loved an X-Men animated show but I feel that currently, Disney's animated hero shows kinda suck. DC's animated shows/movies, Young Justice, Under The Red Hood etc. have great animation and I'd love an X-Men show like that! Top animation, compelling stories and characterization and a dedication the source material and that would be fantastic!
    I’m not aware of Disney’s superhero animated shows ... but dang! If they r bad then imma pass.
    But yeaaa DCs animated shows are so dope! I really wish X-Men could get an animated show. I can hope.

I honestly don't see the MCU ever doing Dark Phoenix. IMO they will do what they did with Spider-Man and avoid anything that is too similar with the previous movies to distinguish itself. Lots of potential there. I wonder how the MCU Jean would be characterized

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes was a terrific show for its entire run, so it isn't like Disney can't do them well.