Page 110 of 626 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210610 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 9381
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Variant cover for Ed Piskor’s Grand Design Finale issue 1 via his Facebook page!
    This cover is killing me, it is so unintentionally hilarious. Can you imagine what this looks like to people with no context. Like, Why are those two half naked women trying to fuck up that baby? Does that baby owe them money? Did that baby kill their father?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The turkey coat looks amazing on Rachel, but it isn't Jean's thing, and the iconic costume is needed. That's what has always bugged me about the Fox Marvel movies: they seem ashamed to BE comic book movies. People loved Iron Man because his armor wasn't the mono-black military designed camo paint straight out of a Christopher Nolan Batman movie, it was just a straight up comic book armor, garish colors and all.
    I think you're right, there's something majestuous in the Phoenix costume and I'm sure if one day the MCU tackles the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix sagas they will know how to adapt the costume.
    One thing they're doing right is finding the balance between iconic and practical.

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    awww that evokes an Extraordinary X-men vibe

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Im kind of surprised no one has talked about Vanya from Unbrella Academy and the similarities with Jean / Dark Phoenix story / imagery.....
    Well yea they basically took the Dark Phoenix story line,I mean just go youtube a lot of people said after watching it,she was Jean

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

More scans of Jean being (comparatively) strong (for the time) during her early Marvel Girl days...

Last edited by PhoenixStudies; 02-27-2019 at 08:54 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Love these retro throwbacks, PhoenixStudies! Thanks for posting.

Jean fought Mastermind long before she became Phoenix...

In [Uncanny] X-Men #18, Magneto tries to kill Xavier and the X-Men (minus Iceman) by trapping them in a hot air balloon type contraption. The goal was to send them up into the stratosphere and then into space. Jean is able to use her telekinesis to stop the balloon's ascent, but cannot bring them down. Cyclops is able to puncture the balloon with his optic blast and they careen toward the Earth. Seconds before they hit the ground, with Xavier's guidance, Jean is able to stop them telekinetically saving them all.

Im kind of surprised no one has talked about Vanya from Unbrella Academy and the similarities with Jean / Dark Phoenix story / imagery.....
    Nope. I called that by ep 3.

I don't know if you guys saw this new trailer for the Dark Phoenix movie

https://youtu.be/8sQQ8rRgMbQ

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The turkey coat looks amazing on Rachel, but it isn't Jean's thing, and the iconic costume is needed. That's what has always bugged me about the Fox Marvel movies: they seem ashamed to BE comic book movies. People loved Iron Man because his armor wasn't the mono-black military designed camo paint straight out of a Christopher Nolan Batman movie, it was just a straight up comic book armor, garish colors and all.
    I don’t disagree about the costumes On a personal level, but I think that in apocalypse they tried going to a more comic-book approach with the costumes and approach (it felt a bit less grounded than previous installments). Yet it was a critical failure.

Costume choice wasn’t the reason it was a failure, of course. But from fox’a perspective maybe it made them re evaluate the costume choices.

I personally don’t mind the non-comic book armor.
    I liked the black suits in x2 and I like the more “normal” wear in many of the movies. But I’d also be fine with comic accurate costumes too.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

On here? Must have missed it, sorry! I too saw the similarities (which had more to do with X3 than proper xmen lore it seems re Charles keeping / controlling Jean from a young age.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

On here? Must have missed it, sorry! I too saw the similarities (which had more to do with X3 than proper xmen lore it seems re Charles keeping / controlling Jean from a young age.
    He didn’t put psyche blocks on her powers.