Page 112 of 626 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212612 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 9381
    Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

i liked where she looks like a hero on the new trailer
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

loooooooooooool.jpg

we are on the stans of jean on the billboard
    we can be heroes, just for one day

*information from dark Phoenix trailers below, don’t read if you don’t like trailer information*

Honestly that international trailer, and the one that came out right before it, have made my outlook for this film change from “likely flop” to “has potential”.

I mean, every indication in those two trailers shows jean’s Manifestation as Phoenix as very similar to the comics.

1.) space mission that jean dies on and the Phoenix force saves/revives her.
    2.) she sacrifices hereself to save the rest (this is my own prediction based on nightcraler returning without her, but he seems upset like she forced them.)
    3.) a third party manipulates her causing her to oscillate between reality and a loss of free will.
    4.) a jean with real humanity that seems worth saving and fighting for - not the cold calloused silent Phoenix of x3.

It looks like this is *not* the “mental illness” angle seen in x3. It doesn’t appear that this is simply a case
    Of powers resurfacing after Charles blocked her but that the Phoenix is actually responsible for jean’s Dark turn, whether it be possession or manipulation or both. (I think chastain is the Phoenix force inside jean’s Head but we will see as more trailers come).

I mean I know it’s jusr a few trailers so far and I’m certainly
    L Cautious, but I want to give credit where it’s due in that Fox seems to have at least followed the origin of the Phoenix force’s arrival pretty closely.

The main thing that seems to be lacking is the shiar aspect. That could still indeed be inthe movie but even if not, it seems they’ve done a lot of right so far.

I have some predictions but don’t want to get into them as it’s moot to speculate.
    Last edited by Grey; 02-28-2019 at 10:07 PM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    loooooooooooool.jpg

we are on the stans of jean on the billboard
    Better her than Mystique.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    The only name worthy of Jean is Phoenix, even if she doesn't have the force.
    though at this point most X-men are world wide famous so code names are kind of useless anyway.
    I agree. Her codename is Phoenix. But when she isn't using her codename, just Jean is fight. Everyone knows her anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The turkey coat looks amazing on Rachel, but it isn't Jean's thing, and the iconic costume is needed. That's what has always bugged me about the Fox Marvel movies: they seem ashamed to BE comic book movies. People loved Iron Man because his armor wasn't the mono-black military designed camo paint straight out of a Christopher Nolan Batman movie, it was just a straight up comic book armor, garish colors and all.
    They definitely were ashamed to be comic book movies, read Singer's reviews. It was only when Disney bought Marvel and when the MCU BLEW the Fox movies out of the water did they start to embrace the more fantastical elements. But now that Disney has secured all final approvals, they are now saying the merger will close in ten days or less........

So this movie represents the end of an era.

Glad Fox went out on the X-Men: Dark Phoenix movie route.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Variant cover for Ed Piskor’s Grand Design Finale issue 1 via his Facebook page!
    When does this come out?

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    International trailer with some different footage and more exposition. Also shows a supernova happening.

https://vimeo.com/320558530
    I like this trailer better. It shows more of the space sequence, which is something we definitely didn't get in X3. And yet, a lot of people are constantly whining that this movie looks too much like X3.

I think the most critical component here is that Jean and the Phoenix are front and center. They're not some sub-plot whose sole purpose is to give Wolverine an excuse to get all weepy about a woman he barely even knows. Wolverine isn't even in this movie. It's all about how Jean and how her loved ones react to her immense power. That's the most critical component of any quality Phoenix story and that gives me hope that this movie will do her justice.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I saw this nice commission of Jean that Olivier Coipel just posted on Instagram. According to the Instagram caption, he seems to be really happy with it.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bud89EoBd8U/

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I like this trailer better. It shows more of the space sequence, which is something we definitely didn't get in X3. And yet, a lot of people are constantly whining that this movie looks too much like X3.

I think the most critical component here is that Jean and the Phoenix are front and center. They're not some sub-plot whose sole purpose is to give Wolverine an excuse to get all weepy about a woman he barely even knows. Wolverine isn't even in this movie. It's all about how Jean and how her loved ones react to her immense power. That's the most critical component of any quality Phoenix story and that gives me hope that this movie will do her justice.
    Looks better than X3, bu tnot by a wide margin.

The problem is that we barely saw Jean with her loved ones. It moved too fast from getting into the team to dark phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Looks better than X3, bu tnot by a wide margin.

The problem is that we barely saw Jean with her loved ones. It moved too fast from getting into the team to dark phoenix
    I was worried about this too until another posted made a very good point (can’t remnebe who it was):

Movies come out *all the time* that only have the duration of the movie to build relationships and tell a story. And many times we are satisfied by such movies. I think we look at this story from a serial comic perspective and are used to having a lot more buildup. While this would be ideal and I’d love more buildup, it’s not essential. These relationships can be shown in a single movie.

We just have to see if fox can deliver on this.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I was worried about this too until another posted made a very good point (can’t remnebe who it was):

Movies come out *all the time* that only have the duration of the movie to build relationships and tell a story. And many times we are satisfied by such movies. I think we look at this story from a serial comic perspective and are used to having a lot more buildup. While this would be ideal and I’d love more buildup, it’s not essential. These relationships can be shown in a single movie.

Something that could separate the new Dark Phoenix film from X3 is to establish the anchoring relationship between Scott & Jean. Like many others, I'd wish they hadn't rushed into this third act without having time to develop their relationship onscreen.

Fingers crossed that they devote some time early showing (and not telling) that Scott and Jean are close, giving their relationship some "hero moments," so that however the film resolves at the end, it will be properly dramatic and not feel forced or rushed...

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

I know that, movies have to rush a lot more relationships than tv shows. Still Fox is running to fast with all this, sure people have prior knowledge because of the 2000s movies but these are new actors with some differences.
    Superman dies on BvS and people didn't cared because they hadn't a big relationship with these characters, trinity barely knew each other.

Good that this is the last form main x-men, so it barely matters

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SweetMuses View Post
    Something that could separate the new Dark Phoenix film from X3 is to establish the anchoring relationship between Scott & Jean. Like many others, I'd wish they hadn't rushed into this third act without having time to develop their relationship onscreen.

Fingers crossed that they devote some time early showing (and not telling) that Scott and Jean are close, giving their relationship some "hero moments," so that however the film resolves at the end, it will be properly dramatic and not feel forced or rushed...
    I like your avatar. Could you please share with me the full picture if possible?

The most intriguing line for me is when Jessica’s character says to Jean “That power destroyed everything it ever came in to contact with... until you”.
    Last edited by 5cents; 03-01-2019 at 10:48 AM.
    First X-Lady