Page 115 of 626 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215615 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 9381

What's up with Jean looking 14 year old in AoXM?

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

She looks younger than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, but in Apocalypse Jean herself states it is "not just the mind-reading or the telekinesis" but something else that she feels inside her growing.

Xavier screaming "Jean, let go!!!" Over and over was meant for Jean to use that unknown, growing power. It had the iconic Phoenix imagery. It was the Phoenix Force.

"All is revealed" as stated by Apocalypse, meant something. Perhaps he had knowledge of the PF.
    I think it's just like the comics where Jean has a connection to the Phoenix and manifests the Phoenix raptor without actually hosting it. Like Hope Manifesting the Phoenix raptor as the force gets closer to earth.

Like a Form of resonance between two souls. Which is why they said that the force destroyed everything it touches until it came in contact with jean

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    It was not the Phoenix: It was Jean's own power. And in the Dark Phoenix movie, she may be "possessed" by a cosmic entity but it doesn't mean that it's not her own power. Or, at least, that it's not her own power just amplified by a cosmic entity that is possessing her. Yes, it's "fiery", so what? They may just have chosen to display the extreme manifestation of Jean's power that way. Which wouldn't be that different from how it was displayed in some comics (the "Revolution" comics for example). After all, in the movies, Scarlet Witch's powers look more like TK than her comics books powers. Why Jean's raw, fully unleashed powers wouldn't look like fiery? Jean uses of "normal" level TK doesn't have any visual effect in the movies. They don't have to use pink.
    I think it's something like that too, as I have said on other threads, that the whole Phoeinx thing it's Jean's own power, and the force that's now inside her is just boosting her powers to a whole other level. So this force wouldn't be exactly "The Phoenix". But if they decide to call it the Phoenix, then Jean already having the Phoenix imagery on Apocalypse won't make much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    To be fair, that was 10 years ago and could have been one isolated incident where her powers her pushed past its limits to defeat Apocalypse. Its not unreasonable that she'd go back to her baseline power levels after that especially if she isnt regularly facing foes like that
    But we shouldn’t “be fair”. At end of Apocakypse we saw somevkind of Phoenix effect, to justbognorevthat in the next movie and expectt us to fill in the gaps is just crappy lazy writing, and makes us do the work. Ive no problem moving film on 10 years, but wevare supposed to fill in the gaps about what happened to Jeanks powrs, and fill in the gaps / make suppositions about thevstrength of the xmens individual relationships. Thats why DP needed to be next film away, ir built up in this one, so that we see the characters developing.

Im still lookimg forward to it, am liking Jean and Phoenix are centre stage . I know it cant have th emotional depth of the comics, but inwant thevfilm to have some heart andcsoul, not just a load o special effects. Am not sure how i feel about lbad child Jean” killing her parents, but I’ll see how it pans out in cinema.
    Bring it on!

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    What's up with Jean looking 14 year old in AoXM?
    The problem is they put her in what is basically her second costume from the 60s, minus the mask. And that includes the hairstyle. Which is fine for a 16 year old, but this Jean is meant to be nearly 30!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I just think every artist has their own interpretation of how they draw Jean. I’ve made peace with it. Let’s just say dying and coming back a few times, has stalled her aging process
    Last edited by 5cents; 03-02-2019 at 08:11 AM.
    First X-Lady

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The problem is they put her in what is basically her second costume from the 60s, minus the mask. And that includes the hairstyle. Which is fine for a 16 year old, but this Jean is meant to be nearly 30!
    Nearly? She was shown to be 24 years old in Dark Phoenix back in 1980. She should be well pass 30s since Laura was 15 years old when she debuted in 2004 and is now 21.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Nearly? She was shown to be 24 years old in Dark Phoenix back in 1980. She should be well pass 30s since Laura was 15 years old when she debuted in 2004 and is now 21.
    Yeah, on the sliding scale, I guess Jean would be 34 or 35 by now. Perhaps death and resurrection somehow reset Jean's age back to the time of death in 1980?

I don't think her DPS age can really be considered these days. Now that probably happened when she was 20 or so.

jean is like peter parker, they are on eternal 28 years old

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I like your avatar. Could you please share with me the full picture if possible?
    It's a cropped shot of a sketch card from a while ago--you can find an image at http://www.watkinschow.com/sketches_...menarch15.html
    (Sorry, account too new--so have no messaging available yet.)

Re: the sliding timescale--ugh, this is one of those things we best not try to overthink--like how their powers work exactly/scientifically, or just how does Logan find the time to appear everywhere...
    Last edited by SweetMuses; 03-02-2019 at 09:48 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SweetMuses View Post
    It's a cropped shot of a sketch card from a while ago--you can find an image at http://www.watkinschow.com/sketches_...menarch15.html
    (Sorry, account too new--so have no messaging available yet.)

Re: the sliding timescale--ugh, this is one of those things we best not try to overthink--like how their powers work exactly/scientifically, or just how does Logan find the time to appear everywhere...
    Thank you!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    jean is like peter parker, they are on eternal 28 years old
    And that goes for all of the major characters.