Page 116 of 626 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216616 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    But we shouldn’t “be fair”. At end of Apocakypse we saw somevkind of Phoenix effect, to justbognorevthat in the next movie and expectt us to fill in the gaps is just crappy lazy writing, and makes us do the work. Ive no problem moving film on 10 years, but wevare supposed to fill in the gaps about what happened to Jeanks powrs, and fill in the gaps / make suppositions about thevstrength of the xmens individual relationships. Thats why DP needed to be next film away, ir built up in this one, so that we see the characters developing.

Im still lookimg forward to it, am liking Jean and Phoenix are centre stage . I know it cant have th emotional depth of the comics, but inwant thevfilm to have some heart andcsoul, not just a load o special effects. Am not sure how i feel about lbad child Jean” killing her parents, but I’ll see how it pans out in cinema.
    Bring it on!
    The end of the movie also gave the team 90ish costumes which was near but that seems to have been ignored as well.
    Unless they don them at some point in the movie which would be awesome.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    The end of the movie also gave the team 90ish costumes which was near but that seems to have been ignored as well.
    Which is what I was talking about...inconsistencies...not making sense to us, to me, the paying public, the character fan...

Which also does Not mean that I won't go see the movie and Hope for greatness....

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    they just made cheap ass jackets from Morrison run

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Hopeful Disney will do a better job with the costumes. They are a huge part of the characters identity but i feel only Magneto was done justice.

What do you guys think the odds are of Jean Grey dying at the end of the Dark Phoenix movie?

There have been alleged spoilers circulating around Reddit and Twitter for months now, but they all have one consistent theme. Jean still dies at the end of this movie, like she did in X3. Again, these are rumors and chances are there are multiple endings to this movie. The reshoots focused entirely on the third act so chances are even if people have been to test screenings, a lot has probably changed since then.

Based on the two trailers, I think there's a 95 percent chance that Jean dies at the end. How it happens is hard to say, but I get the sense that Kinberg wants this movie to end like Logan did, with the dramatic death of a major character that acts as a solemn sendoff to the franchise. He knows that Disney is rebooting so I think it makes sense to simply cap things off like Logan did. It's not exactly a happy ending, but again, it would be perfectly in keeping with the original Phoenix Saga.

That said, I think the best way for this movie to set itself apart from X3 is to have Jean Grey live at the end. That way, nobody could be able to claim it's the same movie. But I don't see that happening because I think Fox wants this movie to be one of finality. And having Jean die would definitely help get that point across. Maybe there's a hint that she lives somehow, but that may be hoping for too much.

What do you guys think? What odds would you give Jean Grey of living by the end of this movie?
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I think she is going to die but i don't want it. This is the last Fox movie (new mutants doesn't count) these characters deserve a happy ending for once, I would like it to end in a similar way to what claremont originally intended, something happy, that would be a nice twist to this story
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 03-03-2019 at 08:19 AM.

I thin it's likely that they had her survive on the original version, when they tought there was gonna be another one after this, and they wanted Jean/Sophie to still be on the future of the franchise. But now that this is most likely the last movie of the Foxverse, they have no reason not to have her die at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think she is going to die but i don't want it. This is the last Fox movie (new mutants doesn't count) these characters deserve a happy ending for once, I would like it to end in a similar way to what claremont originally intended, something happy, that would be a nice twist to this story
    I would prefer a happy ending too, but I honestly don't think that's what we'll get. Happy endings in superhero movies are pretty rare these days. Happy endings, in general, are pretty rare. If I had to choose, I would have Jean live at the end. But I don't think that's likely. I hope I'm wrong and with three months left of editing, who knows what the final resolution will be? But I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm just hoping for something that is more in keeping with the heart and soul of the original story.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I do not want to see Jean die, no! And while I think there is a large chance Jean will die, I am going to Hope against Hope and take the long-shot that Jean will live at the end.

"All" Jean needs to do is to use up and/or reject the force inside of her. After tge death and destruction, Jean will summon whatever it takes to do that.

Besides being alive at the end, I want a fully powered, and maybe even a little more empowered but a -very-much-in-control of her powers Jean Grey.

We will see what we get...

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

I talked to someone who went to a private screening of the film in November.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 03-03-2019 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I thin it's likely that they had her survive on the original version, when they tought there was gonna be another one after this, and they wanted Jean/Sophie to still be on the future of the franchise. But now that this is most likely the last movie of the Foxverse, they have no reason not to have her die at the end.
    i was thinking like Jean survive in a cocoon. But now they can kill her without thinking about the future

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    What do you guys think the odds are of Jean Grey dying at the end of the Dark Phoenix movie?

There have been alleged spoilers circulating around Reddit and Twitter for months now, but they all have one consistent theme. Jean still dies at the end of this movie, like she did in X3. Again, these are rumors and chances are there are multiple endings to this movie. The reshoots focused entirely on the third act so chances are even if people have been to test screenings, a lot has probably changed since then.

Based on the two trailers, I think there's a 95 percent chance that Jean dies at the end. How it happens is hard to say, but I get the sense that Kinberg wants this movie to end like Logan did, with the dramatic death of a major character that acts as a solemn sendoff to the franchise. He knows that Disney is rebooting so I think it makes sense to simply cap things off like Logan did. It's not exactly a happy ending, but again, it would be perfectly in keeping with the original Phoenix Saga.

That said, I think the best way for this movie to set itself apart from X3 is to have Jean Grey live at the end. That way, nobody could be able to claim it's the same movie. But I don't see that happening because I think Fox wants this movie to be one of finality. And having Jean die would definitely help get that point across. Maybe there's a hint that she lives somehow, but that may be hoping for too much.

What do you guys think? What odds would you give Jean Grey of living by the end of this movie?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I do not want to see Jean die, no! And while I think there is a large chance Jean will die, I am going to Hope against Hope and take the long-shot that Jean will live at the end.

"All" Jean needs to do is to use up and/or reject the force inside of her. After tge death and destruction, Jean will summon whatever it takes to do that.

Besides being alive at the end, I want a fully powered, and maybe even a little more empowered but a -very-much-in-control of her powers Jean Grey.

We will see what we get...
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    i was thinking like Jean survive in a cocoon. But now they can kill her without thinking about the future

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I talked to someone who went to a private screening of the film in November.

while i don't trust those rumors i'm curious about this
    what did he/she tell you?

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I can't see anything but water
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 03-03-2019 at 09:26 AM.

I fear they'll have Jean die at the end--they've set her up to be responsible for Mystique's death and all that. Probably Jean will have a moment of clarity and control at the end and get her redemption by denying the evil influences and god-like power and sacrificing herself. Much as I hope there is a semblance of a happy ending, it'll be tragedy for Jean. Ugh.

However, whatever the outcome of the Dark Phoenix film, I don't think it'll necessarily influence how the X-Men are eventually folded into the MCU...

while i don't trust those rumors i'm curious about this
    what did he/she tell you?

I can't see anything but water
    It’s a scene from X2. You don’t remember it? Look closer.