Page 118 of 626 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218618 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 9381
    BANNED

This will be the last FoX-Men movie, letting Jean live would be the most logical choice, considering that and the fact that it would be her third or fourth death in this universe. It's not like "Jean Grey dies and comes back all the time" isn't already a staple gag among casuals.

I don't think a completely tragic end works when a series hit its closure. Even Raimi's Spider-Man 3 had Peter and MJ reconcile after Harry's death. Have stuff like Mystique dying, the school being blown up again, the X-Men disbanded, and anti-mutant hysteria on a high, but at least give us something good. It's not that hard.

Trailer International oficial in You Tube

WOW. I am really liking that trailer. In terms of focus, Jean is central, oh what X3 could have been!

People have been talking about Fox / Disneys merger, the end of the Xmen franchisr.

I wonder if they”d have the balls, so that Jean loses total control / Dark Phoenix wins. What if she just destroys everything..... symbolic end for Fox, end of franchisr. Now THAT would be going out with a bang.

I have complained before that DP film should have been in 2 parts, but obviously Fox did not have the time for that, if the deal was closing in (although they could have done both films at same time, as was de rigeur few years ago!). Xmen lose, Jean destroys everything! Itls Blakes 7 for the modern era. And if you get that reference I am gonna snog you!
    Last edited by Portsian; 03-05-2019 at 10:01 AM.

Lightbulb

So, it seems Nightcrawler gets everyone out of the damaged shuttle except for Jean. Nice. Yeah, they need Dark Phoenix on them for that! I also like Mags getting his helmet crushed too! You go Jean!

I believe that Jean will somehow be alive at the end of this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    This will be the last FoX-Men movie, letting Jean live would be the most logical choice, considering that and the fact that it would be her third or fourth death in this universe. It's not like "Jean Grey dies and comes back all the time" isn't already a staple gag among casuals.

I don't think a completely tragic end works when a series hit its closure. Even Raimi's Spider-Man 3 had Peter and MJ reconcile after Harry's death. Have stuff like Mystique dying, the school being blown up again, the X-Men disbanded, and anti-mutant hysteria on a high, but at least give us something good. It's not that hard.
    There was a 4th spider-man plannned that was scrapped because the 3rd was crappy.

i think x-men will have the same problem, it wasn't designed as a last movie

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    There was a 4th spider-man plannned that was scrapped because the 3rd was crappy.

i think x-men will have the same problem, it wasn't designed as a last movie
    Well, unlike Spider-Man 3, Fox knows it's getting bought by Disney. It knows that Marvel is rebooting the X-Men. They've known this for over a year now. I imagine everyone involved with Spider-Man 3 worked under the assumption that a sequel was a given. They didn't know they would have to tie up any loose ends. Dark Phoenix doesn't have that excuse. Everyone involved knows this is the end of the line. That means they have no excuses in terms of tying up loose ends.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

WOW. I am really liking that trailer. In terms of focus, Jean is central, oh what X3 could have been!

People have been talking about Fox / Disneys merger, the end of the Xmen franchisr.

I wonder if they”d have the balls, so that Jean loses total control / Dark Phoenix wins. What if she just destroys everything..... symbolic end for Fox, end of franchisr. Now THAT would be going out with a bang.

I have complained before that DP film should have been in 2 parts, but obviously Fox did not have the time for that, if the deal was closing in (although they could have done both films at same time, as was de rigeur few years ago!). Xmen lose, Jean destroys everything! Itls Blakes 7 for the modern era. And if you get that reference I am gonna snog you!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Amazing illustration by Tony Silas
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BunuQ-GBy1n/

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    That is great!

"The power of the Phoenix is rising!"

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Agreed! That's pretty stunning. Love the colors and fiery themes.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Rewatched the newest trailer.

This film is growing on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    Rewatched the newest trailer.

This film is growing on me.
    I also rewatched it and now I'm thinking that Jean will survive. It was even stated that the creature destroys everything it comes into contact with, until Jean.

A few nuggets that I hope makes it from the Fox-verse to the MCU are Xavier, Magneto, & Beast. James and Michael especially. Their performances in the movies have been stellar.

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    I also rewatched it and now I'm thinking that Jean will survive. It was even stated that the creature destroys everything it comes into contact with, until Jean.

A few nuggets that I hope makes it from the Fox-verse to the MCU are Xavier, Magneto, & Beast. James and Michael especially. Their performances in the movies have been stellar.
    I was saying Jean would survive from when I first heard about the making of "Supernova" years ago!

I have no proof, just Hope! "There is always Hope!"

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post

I respect your prediction but don’t agree.

Another thing x3 got wrong was jean asking Logan to save her. But He killed her. This was nothing like the original story.

If Fox is truly trying to do this story justice, they’ll have jean kill herself. Her willingness to do it when none of her teammates could (or were unable to) is part of what made the story so tragic. PLUS, it makes jean the hero. At the very least, I hope jean asks her teammates to
    Kill her, not “save her” like she said in x3. jean’s Real personality couldn’t live with committing murder and if they are unable to contain or expel the Phoenix, I hope she makes this request

Does fox have the guts to do this? I don’t know. But I actually want it to happen that way to truly portray how selfless jean is.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I respect your prediction but don’t agree.

Another thing x3 got wrong was jean asking Logan to save her. But He killed her. This was nothing like the original story.

If Fox is truly trying to do this story justice, they’ll have jean kill herself. Her willingness to do it when none of her teammates could (or were unable to) is part of what made the story so tragic. PLUS, it makes jean the hero. At the very least, I hope jean asks her teammates to
    Kill her, not “save her” like she said in x3. jean’s Real personality couldn’t live with committing murder and if they are unable to contain or expel the Phoenix, I hope she makes this request

Does fox have the guts to do this? I don’t know. But I actually want it to happen that way to truly portray how selfless jean is.
    Another problem with the ending is that they could have just gave her the cure.