Page 12 of 626 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112512 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes was a terrific show for its entire run, so it isn't like Disney can't do them well.
    Absolutely, it was one of their best and then they cancelled it in favor of something closer to the MCU cast. I'd be all for an X-Men show done like EMH.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    ...unless Disney wants to do it and do it right. Then we would...
    I don't think so. MCU does not like to repeat/redo stuff. No origin for Hulk and almost everything to do with Spider-Man is the proof of that. Even when things don't work out, they just move on. See Mandarin in Iron Man 3. They say the "real" Mandarin is out there, but they never put it in the films. For them, the story is done, whether it was good or not. Hell, for all the fan theories and speculation, there is nothing that indicates that Quicksilver is ever coming back.

One thing I'm worried about is DP being straight garbage and its potential effect on the Disney movies. I really don't want MCU to not use Jean because they want to remove all major attachments to the Fox movies. I really just wish this movie was never happening lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    One thing I'm worried about is DP being straight garbage and its potential effect on the Disney movies. I really don't want MCU to not use Jean because they want to remove all major attachments to the Fox movies. I really just wish this movie was never happening lol
    I worry a little about that too. But just a little, I'm still very confident that they would not remove Jean(or Scott or other major characters) altogether.

I guess they most likely wouldn't remove Jean as in that she legit doesn't exist, but I think there's a chance that they make it like the anime as in that she's dead already. With Fox's last movie being Dark Phoenix, it would make even more sense on a symbolic level. That's of course assuming Marvel won't make it so mutants are literally just appearing as of the first X-Men movie or so.

And if it somehow ends up being good they might feel like it's better not to try and surpass it. It's the same kind of sentiment that could be done with Logan I guess, but Wolverine it's just too popular not to use.

I honestly don't see the MCU ever doing Dark Phoenix. IMO they will do what they did with Spider-Man and avoid anything that is too similar with the previous movies to distinguish itself. Lots of potential there. I wonder how the MCU Jean would be characterized
    I feel like the best for Jean would be if they decided to do O5 or something like X-Men Evolution. Nothing to do with Phoenix or Wolverine like the Fox movies. Just a young Jean figuring out her powers, her feelings for Scott, etc.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 01-05-2019 at 12:42 AM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Given the way that the mcu works I'd not be shocked if the team roster matches the one from the cartoon. Either way I'm not worried over if Jean will be in the movies or not, the fact is that she is part of the core 4 of the X-Men and at this point I'm not positive that they'd be willing to make a movie and not have her in it. Ofc, the Phoenix Saga won't happen for a long time.

Honestly they could save it for a Thanos-like event. With the Fox properties they have a lot that they could use for that.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I don't think so. MCU does not like to repeat/redo stuff. No origin for Hulk and almost everything to do with Spider-Man is the proof of that. Even when things don't work out, they just move on. See Mandarin in Iron Man 3. They say the "real" Mandarin is out there, but they never put it in the films. For them, the story is done, whether it was good or not. Hell, for all the fan theories and speculation, there is nothing that indicates that Quicksilver is ever coming back.
    I agree with Spiderman, but Hulk was already in the MCU, technically it was one of the first movies but they changed from Eric Bana to Edward Norton to Mark Ruffalo ...

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    I agree with Spiderman, but Hulk was already in the MCU, technically it was one of the first movies but they changed from Eric Bana to Edward Norton to Mark Ruffalo ...
    I don't think anyone at Marvel Studios has ever acknowledged Bana Hulk as officially part of the MCU. It's pure fan theory.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I don't think anyone at Marvel Studios has ever acknowledged Bana Hulk as officially part of the MCU. It's pure fan theory.
    He isnt part of the MCU. Nortons Hulk however is and we saw his origin in The Incredible Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He isnt part of the MCU. Nortons Hulk however is and we saw his origin in The Incredible Hulk
    Yes, but it was done in opening credits flashbacks.

I would love a tv show. Netflix’s Daredevil meets CW’s high school shows meets Spider-Man: Homecoming. First season is the first class at Xavier’s School for gifted youngsters: the original 5 (mid-season joined by Havok and Polaris). Season 2 sees the next generation of X-Men (Storm, Colossus etc.), some of whom we have met as guest stars in season 1.
    The Hellfire Club (and their own school run by headmistress Emma Frost, who is closer to Xavier in age) is the main enemy throughout the show (together with dark forces in the government and good old fashioned prejudice). Moira and Muir Isle are used throughout the show so that we can get Proteus somewhere down the line.
    Season 1 could end with Magneto getting beaten, season 2 with sentinels.
    A main concern throughout the show is Jean’s growing powers. I imagine she does something huge at the first season finale and is seemingly killed in the season 2 finale (when the sentinels are defeated in space during the worst solar storm in history), and is re-born as Phoenix as the season 2 cliffhanger (no Phoenix force at work here - just Jean reaching her own true potential). Season 3 deals with Phoenix (the Hellfire Club that has mostly been a background threat in seasons 1 and 2 becomes more active now). Season 4 has the mutant massacre. Season 5 has ...?
    (This is the Jean thread, but it would be a dream to see Bobby coming out in season 1. His crush on the flirty Warren and his feelings for Emma Frost’s hot student Shinobi Shaw. I can see the ship names. :-) )

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I would love a tv show. Netflix’s Daredevil meets CW’s high school shows meets Spider-Man: Homecoming. First season is the first class at Xavier’s School for gifted youngsters: the original 5 (mid-season joined by Havok and Polaris). Season 2 sees the next generation of X-Men (Storm, Colossus etc.), some of whom we have met as guest stars in season 1.
    The Hellfire Club (and their own school run by headmistress Emma Frost, who is closer to Xavier in age) is the main enemy throughout the show (together with dark forces in the government and good old fashioned prejudice). Moira and Muir Isle are used throughout the show so that we can get Proteus somewhere down the line.
    A main concern throughout the show is Jean’s growing powers. I imagine she does something huge at the first season finale and is seemingly killed in the season 2 finale (when the sentinels are defeated in space during the worst solar storm in history), and is re-born as Phoenix as the season 2 cliffhanger (no Phoenix force at work here - just Jean reaching her own true potential). Season 3 deals with Phoenix (the Hellfire Club that has mostly been a background threat in seasons 1 and 2 becomes more active now). Season 4 has the mutant massacre. Season 5 has ...?
    (This is the Jean thread, but it would be a dream to see Bobby coming out in season 1. His crush on the flirty Warren and his feelings for Emma Frost’s hot student Shinobi Shaw. I can see the ship names. :-) )
    I like your idea, but I think they're going to go with movies! New Mutants would make an excellent TV show, though!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I hope we get a cartoon but as someone said before. Disney cartoons based on marvel properties arent at a good level.

I have that same feeling, especially since I recently read a rumor online that Dark Phoenix could be the same disaster as the recent Fantastic Four reboot. They already tried and failed at adapting the Dark Phoenix Saga in The Last Stand. After this year's movie, there's not going to be another chance, at least in our lifetime.

It doesn't help that Simon Kinberg is a first-time director staring with this film, and he also had a hand in writing the screenplays for X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men: Apocalypse, and the aforementioned Fantastic Four.

Still, I'm hoping for a miracle...

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I've had a similar idea. Have mutants publicly come out in the first Disney X-Men movie, with the All New All Different team. The fate of the O5 is undisclosed except possible a somber Cyclops still around.
    The O5 will have a prequel tv series in continuity with the movies, with the same actors playing Xavier and Magneto, possibly some other supporting adult characters, to link the two.