Page 120 of 626 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220620 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 9381
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I respect your prediction but don’t agree.

Another thing x3 got wrong was jean asking Logan to save her. But He killed her. This was nothing like the original story.

If Fox is truly trying to do this story justice, they’ll have jean kill herself. Her willingness to do it when none of her teammates could (or were unable to) is part of what made the story so tragic. PLUS, it makes jean the hero. At the very least, I hope jean asks her teammates to
    Kill her, not “save her” like she said in x3. jean’s Real personality couldn’t live with committing murder and if they are unable to contain or expel the Phoenix, I hope she makes this request

Does fox have the guts to do this? I don’t know. But I actually want it to happen that way to truly portray how selfless jean is.
    Except Fox killed Jean before, and botched it. Why kill her again? Hasn't she died enough times?

At the most all they need to do is contain the Phoenix.

Or if Jean seemingly dies, have Jean come back at the very end or in the post credit trailers. The reshoots happened after Fox KNEW Disney would buy them out, so I think they will have some sort of opening in the film.

Let’s just do what the 90s animated series did. But my opinion is Jean will died but there will be hints she survived like the X2 ending.
    First X-Lady

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Let’s just do what the 90s animated series did. But my opinion is Jean will died but there will be hints she survived like the X2 ending.
    No. The animated series was too cheesy. It was nice on the cartoon in the 90s, but I cannot imagine them doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    No. The animated series was too cheesy. It was nice on the cartoon in the 90s, but I cannot imagine them doing this.
    It doesn’t haft to be exactly like the animated series, they can tweak it. At least we can all agree we don’t to want Jean to die.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    It doesn’t haft to be exactly like the animated series, they can tweak it. At least we can all agree we don’t to want Jean to die.
    I dont care if she dies or not. Its the end of her and this franchise anyway. I really dont think it matters how they end it as we are getting a new interpretation of these characters in a few years

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont care if she dies or not. Its the end of her and this franchise anyway. I really dont think it matters how they end it as we are getting a new interpretation of these characters in a few years
    Same here. I do think they will have her sacrifice herself to stop the threat of Chastain's character (she's an alien and I assume she will have friends looking to harness Jean). She'll seem dead but the scene after the credits (or like in X2) will show her body floating in space and then her eyes glow with the Phoenix. But again, this universe will end so it's not going to lead to anything.

How much of an actual Phoenix Raptor do you think we will get?

Looks great in comics, but I don’t think it will translate well into film. The “Phoenix Effect” at the end of Apocalypse was cool. Am still wondering how they are going to link up Jean’s Phoenix-ness at end of Apocalypse with start of this film. Is she just super powerful now, like then, but it’ll be Phoenix Force that corrupts her, without giving her Phoenix level abilities?

Except Fox killed Jean before, and botched it. Why kill her again? Hasn't she died enough times?

At the most all they need to do is contain the Phoenix.

Or if Jean seemingly dies, have Jean come back at the very end or in the post credit trailers. The reshoots happened after Fox KNEW Disney would buy them out, so I think they will have some sort of opening in the film.
    Not sure what botching it in x3 has to do with dark Phoenix. I’d like to see it done more similar to the comics with a suicide or jean convincing her teammates to kill her, simple as that. It’s fine if you don’t feel the same.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post

Looks great in comics, but I don’t think it will translate well into film. The “Phoenix Effect” at the end of Apocalypse was cool. Am still wondering how they are going to link up Jean’s Phoenix-ness at end of Apocalypse with start of this film. Is she just super powerful now, like then, but it’ll be Phoenix Force that corrupts her, without giving her Phoenix level abilities?
    I’d love to see a lot of the Phoenix raptor. But I imagine we won’t get much of it except for key moments.. just my guess. I imagine it’s a very costly cgi project to show the form constantly.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post

Not much sadly but i believe we will get a fiery Jean in the last battle
    film.jpg
    95b6ee806a611bf988e641c738354eb0.jpg

The Here Comes Tomorrow Phoenix outfit i actively dislike! Its the only Phoenix costume I don’t like. Even xmen The End one was better.

Of course. But the idea seems to be she let him kill her. After he stabbed her, she was smiling. So she wanted him to do this.

I do like how in the Wolverine we saw Jean in the White Hot Room.
    yhea, I get that, but for a movie that was supposed to be about jean, they did not even allow her the dignity to kill herself. They had to make it all about wolverine. Let's be clear, the wolverine fanwank ruined 70% of the fox x-men franchise for me.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    yhea, I get that, but for a movie that was supposed to be about jean, they did not even allow her the dignity to kill herself. They had to make it all about wolverine. Let's be clear, the wolverine fanwank ruined 70% of the fox x-men franchise for me.
    YEAHHHHH let's be honest and say that X3 was NEVER supposed to be about Jean. Should have it been? Absolutely. But once Ratner took it on it was never going to be about her. She was a side girl in a side story.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

It was actually the studio that pushed Jean to the side because they thought the Phoenix was too dark.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    It was actually the studio that pushed Jean to the side because they thought the Phoenix was too dark.
    Fox let Wolverine took over female lead stories and the producers with biggest power were men. no surprise