Page 123 of 626 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223623 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yes exactly yet now all of a sudden she is being blamed for outing him

On a side note, Im glad the ramifications of Extermination came into play as both Bobby and Jean recalled their younger selves' memories
    Yeah, I loved the part in Extermination where Iceman was annoyed that his younger self went to a concert without him, and when Jean recalled the ability of how to take down the twins.

It's too bad we lost the pink Esper mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    She still has it, she just hasn’t used it in a long time.
    First X-Lady

Yeah, I loved the part in Extermination where Iceman was annoyed that his younger self went to a concert without him, and when Jean recalled the ability of how to take down the twins.

It hasnt been lost; just hasnt been used yet. Teen Jean wasnt using it all the time either but when it did pop up, those tended to feel like big moments. In the time since Jean came back, she hasnt really needed that. Its an OP move and quite franktly, they arent doing much with her baseline abilities or throwing her at huge threats

I wonder if there will be a Jean mini to tie in with or cash in on dark Phoenix

They made those awful apocalypse wars story's for Xmen apocalypse, it's right up Marvels alley to don another horrible "Phoenix is evil" story, but would love if they just release a Jean one shot or something

They made those awful apocalypse wars story's for Xmen apocalypse, it's right up Marvels alley to don another horrible "Phoenix is evil" story, but would love if they just release a Jean one shot or something
    We are on the middle of a crossover. So a phoenix event won't happen

Marvel should just release a deluxe edition of dark phoenix saga

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    We are on the middle of a crossover. So a phoenix event won't happen

Marvel should just release a deluxe edition of dark phoenix saga
    That and they are about to launch the Major X event/mini. Timing is just off especially since the AoX goes on through the summer. At best, I expect to see Phoenix variants across the line of books

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't think it will happen. Dark Phoenix was postponed so much that it could have been difficult to synergize with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That and they are about to launch the Major X event/mini. Timing is just off especially since the AoX goes on through the summer. At best, I expect to see Phoenix variants across the line of books
    Also last movie from Fox X-men. Better just reprint stuff, since trades do better

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't think it will happen. Dark Phoenix was postponed so much that it could have been difficult to synergize with it.
    They probably learned their lesson after they timed New Mutants Dead Souls to come out with the movie, only to have that delayed on them

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    You're right about the current crop of writers plain sucking. Fortunately writers don't last on the comics long, and we'll see a new direction post merger which will happen sometime this month.
    But someyimes the fact that writers don’t last long inyhink IS the problem, there seems to be no consistent longvterm plan. And also, DC seem to keep some of their writers fir considerable periods, why is Marvel unsble or unwilling to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    But someyimes the fact that writers don’t last long inyhink IS the problem, there seems to be no consistent longvterm plan. And also, DC seem to keep some of their writers fir considerable periods, why is Marvel unsble or unwilling to do this?
    You can pay writers less as freelancers (Marvel) rather than contract writers (DC).

I'm still not sure how I feel about Age of X-man. These art house X-Men stories are interesting, but I'm not sure yet how successful I think they are being. I do like the X-Men to be more cerebral and philosophical so this may be a 'careful for what you wish for' deal. I did like what Jean had to say in Marvelous X-Men number 2. I suspect she will do more in issue 4 as this issue focused on others.

I also liked Jean's small role in Winter's End. While Teen Iceman wasn't too upset at Teen Jean about the so called outing, if you recall adult Iceman wasn't too pleased (because it forced him to come out). So in that way I thought it made sense. I guess they felt it needed to be addressed and probably due to how problematic fans thought the whole thing was.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I'm still not sure how I feel about Age of X-man. These art house X-Men stories are interesting, but I'm not sure yet how successful I think they are being. I do like the X-Men to be more cerebral and philosophical so this may be a 'careful for what you wish for' deal. I did like what Jean had to say in Marvelous X-Men number 2. I suspect she will do more in issue 4 as this issue focused on others.

I also liked Jean's small role in Winter's End. While Teen Iceman wasn't too upset at Teen Jean about the so called outing, if you recall adult Iceman wasn't too pleased (because it forced him to come out). So in that way I thought it made sense. I guess they felt it needed to be addressed and probably due to how problematic fans thought the whole thing was.
    Jean didn't outed Teen iceman, sh eonly said to him that he was gay. The decision to come out came from teen Bob. I really didn't liked how it was written

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Well it was Claremont, not Bryne's idea to de-power her after the DPS. Link to the interview where we read about Bryne hating Jean and being a sexist and\or misogynist please. With such serious accusations, I'm sure there must be many sources.

Are you talking about HCT now? AU stuff generally isn't that helpful in understanding how something might play out in the 616. In fact it's usually created so that the writer can do something they'd never be able to get away with in the 616.

Who? I'd like to hear of some specific examples of this happening because I just don't see it. I've been here for two plus years, I've been in comic shops talking with my friends and other fans since I was eight years old. I've been to conventions and listened to a lot of fan feedback in that time. I don't recall a single case where any fan gave me the impressions they didn't like that Storm was so powerful, or Jean or any other female. In fact Jean owning Sabertooth in XM 28 was received very positively by everyone I knew reading X-Men at the time. The DPS is basically a runaway female power fantasy, but it remains one of our most cherished stories. Part of the reason for that was that we (people who started reading X-Men in the 80's) were brought up on a steady diet of female X-Men comparing very well to their male counterparts.

Sure, most of us were boys so we're usually more interested in whatever Logan or Kurt or Scott were up to. To think that the comic books shops I hung out in the 80's and 90's were some kind of breeding pit for misogyny however, is very, very wrong thinking. I can only think that you aren't old enough to have been around to experience those years in person and are guessing or just swallowing something you were told.
    Obviously you won't find any quotes of Byrne where he just flat out states he hates powerful women or whatever, but it's pretty easy to discern his feelings from his writings. In addition to Dark Phoenix, he was also responsible for Darker than Scarlet, which was largely a rerun of the same plot with Wanda in the lead role and incidentally also was later expanded upon in the lead up to Disassembled and House of M, and the story where Sue Storm gets possessed by Malice and literally gets some sense slapped into her by Reed.

When it comes to the X-Men in general, the power levels of the various female characters tend to be empty calories in a sense, because while they are often capable of impressive looking feats, these same powers rarely come into play at critical moments in the story where they could play a decisive role in saving the day. Jean's alleged overpowered status is largely a matter of tell rather than show, and I doubt that too many other than the most battles board obsessed fans came away with the impression that the redheaded girl who's always fainting is actually the most powerful member of the X-Men.
    Last edited by PwrdOn; 03-14-2019 at 03:36 AM.

BANNED

Closest thing we might get to that is the PF showing up on Earth going like "AYY HOPE, HOW ABOUT WE MAKE, LIKE, EVERYONE A MUTANT AFTER THIS VACCINE BS".

Honestly, though, Rosenberg said Phoenix Resurrection would play a role in his book, so I would assume the fire bird might play a role eventually.