Page 13 of 626 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I have that same feeling, especially since I recently read a rumor online that Dark Phoenix could be the same disaster as the recent Fantastic Four reboot. They already tried and failed at adapting the Dark Phoenix Saga in The Last Stand. After this year's movie, there's not going to be another chance, at least in our lifetime.

It doesn't help that Simon Kinberg is a first-time director staring with this film, and he also had a hand in writing the screenplays for X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men: Apocalypse, and the aforementioned Fantastic Four.

Still, I'm hoping for a miracle...
    "adapting" the DP Saga during X3 is a little generous. It was the D-plot in a movie with like eight of them. No DP Saga will ever be successful without two things: Build up to it, and have it be the primary focus.

For it to work you need it to be a trilogy after you've established your core X-team. Part one is the emergence of Phoenix and learning of the Shi'Ar. Part two is the M'Kraan Crystal arc. Part three is Hellfire Club and battle for Jean. There has to a level of gravitas to Jean going Dark. We need to see how powerful the Phoenix truly is in order to get a sense of scale when Jean goes dark and the raised stakes.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    "adapting" the DP Saga during X3 is a little generous. It was the D-plot in a movie with like eight of them. No DP Saga will ever be successful without two things: Build up to it, and have it be the primary focus.

For it to work you need it to be a trilogy after you've established your core X-team. Part one is the emergence of Phoenix and learning of the Shi'Ar. Part two is the M'Kraan Crystal arc. Part three is Hellfire Club and battle for Jean. There has to a level of gravitas to Jean going Dark. We need to see how powerful the Phoenix truly is in order to get a sense of scale when Jean goes dark and the raised stakes.
    I feel like the Hellfire Club arc should be a story all on its own, it deserves it. Then you have the final movie being the X-Men fighting the Imperial Guard for Jean's life and her ultimate sacrifice to save not only her friends, but the universe itself.

Incredible Member

I completely agree! You nailed it, the X-Men need to build for the stories to be relevant.
    That's why I hope they go with a young cast, they need to have time to build their story, a 20's cast would be great with a lot of youngblood.
    For X3, I think the writers thought they were Chris Claremont and that they were able to juggle between at least five storylines and discovered that no, they weren't!
    Jean Grey looks more like a Cht'on possessed Scarlet Witch than the Phoenix!
    The audience needs to first know and like Jean Grey as Marvel girl to be amazed when she becomes Phoenix and then saddened by her fall into the dark Phoenix and death.

BANNED

DP should be the Avengers of an X-Men cinematic universe. That kind of hype needs a lot of build-up.

Jean on that X-Men: Winter's End thing?

https://twitter.com/SinaGrace/status...40137954828290

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I have that same feeling, especially since I recently read a rumor online that Dark Phoenix could be the same disaster as the recent Fantastic Four reboot. They already tried and failed at adapting the Dark Phoenix Saga in The Last Stand. After this year's movie, there's not going to be another chance, at least in our lifetime.

It doesn't help that Simon Kinberg is a first-time director staring with this film, and he also had a hand in writing the screenplays for X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men: Apocalypse, and the aforementioned Fantastic Four.

Still, I'm hoping for a miracle...
    I'd be more than willing to pay the price of a ticket to have this movie never come out and do damage to Jean's brand just when it's about to change hands. Even if they had decided to cut out all the unnecessary Xavier/Magneto/Mystique stuff and focus solely on Jean, the movie would still likely be garbage because Sophie Turner isn't anywhere near a strong enough performer to carry a film by herself. And it actually really gets on my nerves that they bothered to cast Jessica Chastain, whom I really dig, for this movie but just had her play some random no name character instead of Jean. Because when you're making a movie called Dark Phoenix, the smart thing really is to take a woman who looks like this:

And turn her into this:

Any of y’all played xmen monopoly?

I bought it off eBay. Finally got to play with friends last night. I thought it would be just like monopoly except with xmen themese but boy was I wrong. Jean isn’t a playable token but she is in the game.

Just as an example, if you roll doubles you have the option to use a mutant power inseasd if rolling again. And the power is different based on if you’re playing a good guy or bad guy token, and what numbers you roll on the dice.

Also instead of properties you buy teammates.

Anyway jean is “park place” and wolverine is “Boardwalk”. I played as cable and had these two teammates so those three were my winning team. I was in last place for a while but finally won with these three.

Anyway I highly recommend. It’s so much more fun than regular monopoly if you’re an xmen fan!

Sorry for off topic
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Is this perfect time for the pink powers to show up?
    Yes

Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

Beautiful. Seeing jean in street clothes reminds me of early Xmen red, which was great.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I've had a similar idea. Have mutants publicly come out in the first Disney X-Men movie, with the All New All Different team. The fate of the O5 is undisclosed except possible a somber Cyclops still around.
    The O5 will have a prequel tv series in continuity with the movies, with the same actors playing Xavier and Magneto, possibly some other supporting adult characters, to link the two.
    Great idea!!! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    I'd be more than willing to pay the price of a ticket to have this movie never come out and do damage to Jean's brand just when it's about to change hands. Even if they had decided to cut out all the unnecessary Xavier/Magneto/Mystique stuff and focus solely on Jean, the movie would still likely be garbage because Sophie Turner isn't anywhere near a strong enough performer to carry a film by herself. And it actually really gets on my nerves that they bothered to cast Jessica Chastain, whom I really dig, for this movie but just had her play some random no name character instead of Jean. Because when you're making a movie called Dark Phoenix, the smart thing really is to take a woman who looks like this:

And turn her into this:
    yeah, i would rather this movie never come out or go straight to DVD to avoid a burnout on Jean/Phoenix.

They also cast Oscar Isaac as apocalypse and that was a shitty casting, so Chastain being a nobody continue that tradition of bad casting.
    She would be perfect for Jean. Sophie is looking a bit weid and I don't think she has the fierce Jean on her

Fantastic Member

Just read the 3 issues of the Return of Wolvie. I wanted to read the one with Jean. Trash tier and Jean seems really weak. Now they make her say that the Phoenix was holding her back but that's what not happening in the books...

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    Just read the 3 issues of the Return of Wolvie. I wanted to read the one with Jean. Trash tier and Jean seems really weak. Now they make her say that the Phoenix was holding her back but that's what not happening in the books...
    We'll have to see what 2019 brings for Jean.

Oh! I love Sina Grace’s Iceman. Have only read the first run, but the scenes in the X-Men mansion were the best X-Men scenes I had read in years. Can’t wait to see how he writes Jean!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I love seeing Jean on casual clothes. It's so rare these days.
    She is always doing superhero stuff, dead, phoenix or on stupid love triangles that's is easy to forget she is a relatively "normal" girl, normal clothes do her good.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-06-2019 at 05:20 PM.