Page 131 of 626 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    I actually listened to that last night and I suppose I could have missed something, but I didn't hear her say that.
    They asked Ayala about Jean/Bishop, she said that she will write about it and adress the interracial element

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    They asked Ayala about Jean/Bishop, she said that she will write about it and adress the interracial element
    She made me doubt her bc she didnt seem aware that Jean wasnt dead and they had to remind her Bishop hooking up with her was the whole reason Bishop was in jail in her book. That was a major detail to forget or mess up

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Can we stop misgendering Vita Ayala please? Almost everyone on the board is doing that, let's be better. Vita uses they/them pronouns.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Can we stop misgendering Vita Ayala please? Almost everyone on the board is doing that, let's be better. Vita uses they/them pronouns.
    Why are you assuming that people are aware of that? Most people on this board are being exposed to Vita for the first time with this book and know nothing of their personal life

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why are you assuming that people are aware of that? Most people on this board are being exposed to Vita for the first time with this book and know nothing of their personal life
    Because it's not the first time that it's been brought up and some people have literally ignored the fact when presented with it?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Because it's not the first time that it's been brought up and some people have literally ignored the fact when presented with it?
    I have never heard of this until your post. The only time Ive heard Vita talk was in that BoTA podcast and I dont recall them making it a point to identify a pronoun. If you feel people are ignoring it, asserting what they should write isnt likely to change them. There's a way to educate without coming across hostile

Newsrama article explaining why jean grey could very well be benched for a while in earlier x-men installments of the mcu:

https://www.newsarama.com/44383-what...mcu-x-men.html

They make some good points. We won’t know for quite some time and I obviously hope they are wrong. But I could definitely see jean being avoided for a while.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Newsrama article explaining why jean grey could very well be benched for a while in earlier x-men installments of the mcu:

They make some good points. We won’t know for quite some time and I obviously hope they are wrong. But I could definitely see jean being avoided for a while.
    Comicbook fans are often literally stuck in the past, and often blissfully unaware of pop culture. Captain Marvel, a cosmic powered female hero was a huge hit after Wonder Woman was a huge it. Meaning audiences have demonstrated they support powerful female heroes to the tune of billions.

Phoenix/Jean is the most famous female X-Man. MCU is not going to bench her.

If you had listened to Comicbook fans online, including those writing articles, they would have sworn Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel movies wouldn't happen, or that they would have no box office.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Comicbook fans are often literally stuck in the past, and often blissfully unaware of pop culture. Captain Marvel, a cosmic powered female hero was a huge hit after Wonder Woman was a huge it. Meaning audiences have demonstrated they support powerful female heroes to the tune of billions.

Phoenix/Jean is the most famous female X-Man. MCU is not going to bench her.

If you had listened to Comicbook fans online, including those writing articles, they would have sworn Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel movies wouldn't happen, or that they would have no box office.
    I think X-23 has taken that title after Logan.

But yeah. Comicbook fans said Venom would fail. Several videos on YouTube about it. Look how that turned out.

We’ll see. I could see it going either way.

Regardless, I don’t see what the captain marvel or Wonder Woman comparisons have to do with it. For one, the article isn’t saying jean isn’t popular enough to show up in the mcu or that she wouldn’t be a draw. second, Wonder Woman and captain marvel haven’t been a prominent character in a 19 year long movie franchise preceding their big solos. Apples to oranges. Did y’all read the article? It has nothing to do with jean failing to he popular enough to secure a role in the mcu early on.

The article points to a lot of other mutants facing the possibility of being benched too for similar reasons, such as Xavier and magneto. Objectively speaking, regardless of whether jean is introduced early or not, one can’t say jean hasn’t had a lot of exposure in the films compared to a lot of other characters. That’s just a fact.

I think the longer it takes for mcu to make a dedicated xmen movie, the better the chances are that this article is wrong, whereas the sooner one is made the more likely it could be right..
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

I don't think the points in the article were very good. They're working under the assumption that people are tired of characters like Jean Grey, of which there's no evidence. And the idea that Marvel will try to create a team of X-Men without major names like Cyclops just doesn't make sense. They cite Spider-Man Homecoming, but forget that movie was a joint effort with Sony. By all accounts, they'll have full control of both the X-Men and the F4 after the merger. And seeing as how Feige got his start with Fox on the first X-Men movie, I don't see him wanting to radically depart from the core of the X-men.

That said, I think it's entirely possible that Jean's relevance in the MC will depend on how well or poorly Dark Phoenix does. If the movie is well-received by critics and fans, then I think Feige will be more inclined to include her. It doesn't even have to do great at the box office. If it's seen as a better movie than X3 and does the character justice, I think that's enough reason to keep her involved. Plus, Jean Grey fits the bill of a powerful female character, something Disney and Marvel will likely try hard to incorporate after the success of Captain Marvel. Time will tell and chances are, we won't get any concrete plans until late this year or early next year.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I have never heard of this until your post. The only time Ive heard Vita talk was in that BoTA podcast and I dont recall them making it a point to identify a pronoun. If you feel people are ignoring it, asserting what they should write isnt likely to change them. There's a way to educate without coming across hostile

This post reminds me why these boards need a like button!!! THIS. there is a way to educate without being off putting.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Unfortunately, this makes a lot of sense. I hope she does appear or at least is mentioned but we'll see

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

this is what i have been fearing the whole time. I think the MCU will be something similar to the anime or whedons run and that would be a damn shame.

i know Jean is getting dark phoenix but a probably mediocre movie isn't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    this is what i have been fearing the whole time. I think the MCU will be something similar to the anime or whedons run and that would be a damn shame.

i know Jean is getting dark phoenix but a probably mediocre movie isn't enough.
    MCU x-men isn't starting on Whedon or the anime.

I think for once Feige gonna start it by going to proper *start* to clean slates.

Jeremy Conrad from MCU cosmic has a suspicion that eternal movie gonna be the introduction of mutants. X gene is the result of Celestials gambling on human DNA. I think he might be right