Page 143 of 626 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Where did you hear these rumors? IF true, I would be perfectly okay with it. That's a good foundation to build on.
    I scroll through Twitter and Reddit post looking for any Jean related news esp now that mutants are allowed in the MCU. Whether true or not, it keeps the conversation going and they can see people want to see Jean in the MCU.
    Last edited by 5cents; 03-25-2019 at 07:08 AM.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by SerCo View Post
    Sadly this. Every time they adapted Scemma Jean was either already dead or MIA.
    To have Emma on the team from the get go feels weird though so I'm confident Jean will be chosen as the team's telepath and Scott's girlfriend (because he NEEDS a partner).
    there is a lack of creativity. But I doubt that MCU would let Scott love life define if Jean is alive or not

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    there is a lack of creativity. But I doubt that MCU would let Scott love life define if Jean is alive or not
    Sure hope so, unless Fridging in comics is tranding again and nobody told me
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Sure hope so, unless Fridging in comics is tranding again and nobody told me
    seems like fridging is not a trend now. They simply can't pull a Morrison with Jean so easily

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    seems like fridging is not a trend now. They simply can't pull a Morrison with Jean so easily
    I mean, they could, but when they can make even Carol Danvers sell a movie, why would they waste any female supes at all? The X-Women are a gold mine.

They just went to a lot of trouble to bring Jean back, and X-Men Red got accolades for it's politically current storyline. I don't think Jean is going anywhere, she is going to stay around. Look at what they are doing with the Phoenix, they are giving it back to Rachel which keeps it away from Jean, so Jean isn't going to be Dark Phoenix again, more than likely she'll be having to help her daughter cope with being the Phoenix again.

The fact that they are giving Phoenix back to Rachel makes me suspect that there is a possibility Rachel will be written out to be Mother Askani, I hope not, but I think that's a possibility. I think Jean is back for the long run, and I think Emma is as well, probably on different teams. They could do X-Men Blue (or Uncanny) (Emma), X-Men Gold (or X-Factor) (Jean), Excalibur (Rachel), X-Force (Betsy) to separate the telepaths out.

It seems to me that all four of the core telepaths are getting ongoing stories up to the beginning of House of X / Powers of X that probably means they are all going to show up in books in September. I don't think they are going to write Jean out, the only one who I think is close to the chopping block is Rachel (I hope not, but I suspect she may be written out).

Is it any wonder that the top 4 X-Men who get discussed at any time is Jean, Emma, Cyclops, and Logan. I don't think those 4 are going anywhere, they are going to be part of the relaunch. I think Betsy will continue on in the fall, but she is going to be on X-Force, X-Factor, or Excalibur, I think it will be Jean and Emma on the core Uncanny/X-Men/Blue/Gold or whatever titles they decide to go with for September.

As for the movies, I kind of hope they relaunch with Jean, Scott, Emma, and Storm in their 20's instead of teens. Logan can be older obviously, but the other 4 should be closer in age, and I don't really want to see them as teenagers anymore. I thought Famke was great as Jean, she just needed more screen time, and James was a pretty good Scott and he needed more screen time. I think it would be great if they could leave Logan out for a movie, and let Jean and Scott shine alongside Emma and Storm, and get out of Logan's shadow for once.

We dont know that Rachel is getting the PF back. I dont think she actually will. I still think she will be shuttled off to the future in X-Force

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    We dont know that Rachel is getting the PF back. I dont think she actually will. I still think she will be shuttled off to the future in X-Force
    My hope is that she does, the Phoenix Force belongs to the x-franchise, Jean moved away from it but and I don't want Aaron's hands all over the concept
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Maybe after the end of war of realms. it ends in july

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    I mean, they could, but when they can make even Carol Danvers sell a movie, why would they waste any female supes at all? The X-Women are a gold mine.
    If they kill Jean on comics again, it would generate backlash. Specially if it was to push a male character.

Marvel has been waking up that female characters sell good
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-25-2019 at 11:00 AM.

Another hopeful note for Jean in the MCU is they are now saying Scarlet Witch’s powers are magical and will likely head more into that direction.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Another hopeful note for Jean in the MCU is they are now saying Scarlet Witch’s powers are magical and will likely head more into that direction.
    are they? where did you read/hear it?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    are they? where did you read/hear it?
    Kevin Feige on Scarlet Witch’s powers in MCU

“She never had any training; she’s figuring it out. Arguably, you could say that that’s why her powers are much more chaotic and much more loose in the way that we showcased those light effects. In [Doctor Strange], some of what you might see today, even the cover of Entertainment Weekly, it’s much tighter. It’s all about focus. It’s all about pulling energies from other dimensions in an organized and purposeful fashion, which is why they can do a lot more than she can in, at least, a much more precise way.”
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Kevin Feige on Scarlet Witch’s powers in MCU

“She never had any training; she’s figuring it out. Arguably, you could say that that’s why her powers are much more chaotic and much more loose in the way that we showcased those light effects. In [Doctor Strange], some of what you might see today, even the cover of Entertainment Weekly, it’s much tighter. It’s all about focus. It’s all about pulling energies from other dimensions in an organized and purposeful fashion, which is why they can do a lot more than she can in, at least, a much more precise way.”
    When was this quote?

That’s hilarious, imo. I’ve been saying since SW fidst debut on screen how weird it was that they explained her powers as TK/TP instead of chaos magic.

I know I’m biased but imo this pivot on how he explains her powers actually being due to magic shows they wanted their own version of jean since they couldn’t use her (complete with similar hair and jacket in infinity war). But it’s really a disservice to both characters.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Have y’all ever been curious to see how the scene on the back of the apocalypse dvd box would’ve played out had they not changed/deleted/edited it?

EA2CE1B0-42B5-4940-8345-E5F55C03BEAF.jpg

You can see here jean holding scott’s Head while he fires his optic blast at apocalypse.

This pic showed up online before the movie landed, so I looked for it during the movie and was sad when I didn’t see it. When I bought the dvd I was excited to see it on the box as I thought maybe it was in the deleted scenes, but it wasn’t.

Anywho, I know lots of scenes never make it to film. But I’m curious why this one didn’t. If you recall this time in the movie, jean is in the destroyed building cradling Xavier while scott and others fight apocalypse. I personally wondered if they changed this scene to give Scott a little more independence. Jean is so intrumental in apocalypse’s defeat that they may have felt her helping cyclops is a bit overkill.

If you go back and watch the scenes though you can definitely see some things were cut and edited. For example, Scott does fall down when he first unleashed his beam on apocalypse. Then apocalypse weirdly turns around and does some hand gesture at the air, but nothing comes of it. I’m guessing here is where maybe jean was involved in helping hold scott’s Head but they edited it out and forgot to take out apocalypse’s Hand gesture, as it serves no purpose in the final product. ( Scott stands back up without help, so again I think initially they may have had jean holding his head steady but found it overkill).

Anyway yea I thought it would’ve been a really cute scene. A little moment to show Scott and jean as a unit working together.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    When was this quote?

That’s hilarious, imo. I’ve been saying since SW fidst debut on screen how weird it was that they explained her powers as TK/TP instead of chaos magic.

I know I’m biased but imo this pivot on how he explains her powers actually being due to magic shows they wanted their own version of jean since they couldn’t use her (complete with similar hair and jacket in infinity war). But it’s really a disservice to both characters.
    Nothing like owning the rights of the character you want., so the magical character can be magical.

if it is true, it looks promising to have jean on MCU