Page 144 of 626 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 9381

Jean in the MCU can have fiery effects when using a large amount of her powers but please no actual Phoenix Force please. For me it’s old news and let Jean finally be powerful and not be corrupt by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    When was this quote?
    I thinks this quote is almost a year old now.
    Last edited by 5cents; 03-26-2019 at 11:40 AM.
    First X-Lady

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Jean in the MCU can have fiery effects when using a large amount of her powers but please no actual Phoenix Force please. For me it’s old news and let Jean finally be powerful and not be corrupt by it.

I thinks this quote is almost a year old now.
    We both know we'll see the actual Phoenix force in MCU. Strange pulls energies from other dimensions according to Kevin Feige. The Scarlet Witch does the same.

That doesn't mean Jean has to be corrupted by it, or that they have to repeat the Dark Phoenix storyline. They shouldn't. I think Dark Phoenix is looking to be an awesome movie and MCU just to pick up with Phoenix/Jean from there, like they are doing with Deadpool.

But a lot of heroes do struggle against a dark side.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    They just went to a lot of trouble to bring Jean back, and X-Men Red got accolades for it's politically current storyline. I don't think Jean is going anywhere, she is going to stay around. Look at what they are doing with the Phoenix, they are giving it back to Rachel which keeps it away from Jean, so Jean isn't going to be Dark Phoenix again, more than likely she'll be having to help her daughter cope with being the Phoenix again.

The fact that they are giving Phoenix back to Rachel makes me suspect that there is a possibility Rachel will be written out to be Mother Askani, I hope not, but I think that's a possibility. I think Jean is back for the long run, and I think Emma is as well, probably on different teams. They could do X-Men Blue (or Uncanny) (Emma), X-Men Gold (or X-Factor) (Jean), Excalibur (Rachel), X-Force (Betsy) to separate the telepaths out.

It seems to me that all four of the core telepaths are getting ongoing stories up to the beginning of House of X / Powers of X that probably means they are all going to show up in books in September. I don't think they are going to write Jean out, the only one who I think is close to the chopping block is Rachel (I hope not, but I suspect she may be written out).

Is it any wonder that the top 4 X-Men who get discussed at any time is Jean, Emma, Cyclops, and Logan. I don't think those 4 are going anywhere, they are going to be part of the relaunch. I think Betsy will continue on in the fall, but she is going to be on X-Force, X-Factor, or Excalibur, I think it will be Jean and Emma on the core Uncanny/X-Men/Blue/Gold or whatever titles they decide to go with for September.

As for the movies, I kind of hope they relaunch with Jean, Scott, Emma, and Storm in their 20's instead of teens. Logan can be older obviously, but the other 4 should be closer in age, and I don't really want to see them as teenagers anymore. I thought Famke was great as Jean, she just needed more screen time, and James was a pretty good Scott and he needed more screen time. I think it would be great if they could leave Logan out for a movie, and let Jean and Scott shine alongside Emma and Storm, and get out of Logan's shadow for once.
    I think Rachel always had some Phoenix power. She always had some fiery energy glow. X-Men: the End had both Jean and Rachel use their Phoenix powers at the same time.

The horrible Phoenix 5 had 5 crappy characters as Phoenix. So if that happened, there's no reason why two real Phoenixes cannot be Phoenix at the same time. Though they will have to call them different names.

Maybe Rachel can be called Askani and can focused on as the Guardian of the timestream. Maybe she could star in a book focusing on time travel or something. But yeah, fridging strong female characters isn't going to happen post MeToo, post Wonder Woman, and post Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I think Rachel always had some Phoenix power. She always had some fiery energy glow. X-Men: the End had both Jean and Rachel use their Phoenix powers at the same time.

The horrible Phoenix 5 had 5 crappy characters as Phoenix. So if that happened, there's no reason why two real Phoenixes cannot be Phoenix at the same time. Though they will have to call them different names.

Maybe Rachel can be called Askani and can focused on as the Guardian of the timestream. Maybe she could star in a book focusing on time travel or something. But yeah, fridging strong female characters isn't going to happen post MeToo, post Wonder Woman, and post Captain Marvel.
    Obviously I love Rachel more than any other character, but if Marvel is trying to clean up the X-Men history for the fall they will probably keep Jean, Emma, and Betsy as the core telepaths going forward. It's possible they may have a plan to keep Rachel too, and I would so love it if Jean and Rachel could actually get some well written mother and daughter time in the fall. I kind of hope that if Rachel returns as the Phoenix that it spurs Jean on to try and connect with Rachel to ensure that Rachel doesn't get consumed by the Phoenix power.

I think Jean and Emma will get the most focus in the fall. I know Betsy isn't on the HoX/PoX covers, but she is getting a lot of featuring in the X-Tremists which I think will carry over to the fall. With Rachel, she may or may not stay, if she leaves she'll probably get some kind of send off that she has to become Mother Askani in order to save the timeline and that will be her exit out of the X-books.

They are not going to have Jean and Rachel both be Phoenixes at the same time. We are lucky if even one of them were, but both? Not a chance. Rachel already gets it bad with people seeing her as a knockoff Jean. It really wouldnt serve her well to take on Jean's iconic power signature at the same time as her.

march( almost gone), April, may, June, July, august? still 5 month to go with nothing about proper 616 Jean to discuss, this is getting so stale
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    march( almost gone), April, may, June, July, august? still 5 month to go with nothing about proper 616 Jean to discuss, this is getting so stale
    There would be, but we pretty much know for sure that nothing of consequence is going to happen in AoX-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

The P5 were fragments of one Phoenix. It was stated by a Shi'Ar Officer during End of Greys that the universe can only sustain one adult Phoenix at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    There would be, but we pretty much know for sure that nothing of consequence is going to happen in AoX-Man.
    that is unfortunate, and we know zero about Jean on hickman series

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    that is unfortunate, and we know zero about Jean on hickman series
    Team leader's girlfriend role, I'd assume lol

But hopefully she leads one of the squads.

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    Team leader's girlfriend role, I'd assume lol

But hopefully she leads one of the squads.
    Yeah, I know with the reset with Charles and Magneto becoming central again, I hope the X-women get some leadership say in the new books. Heck, let Jean lead the primary team, she is a better leader than Scott and Logan are.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

jean fans please rally behind dark phoenix..

https://mobile.twitter.com/CNET/stat...35008086036480
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    jean fans please rally behind dark phoenix..

https://mobile.twitter.com/CNET/stat...35008086036480
    I'm happy for Carol's success in the box office, but the fact that people think she can beat Dark Phoenix makes me feel like the percent of the population that knows about one of the X-Men's most definitive stories, the Dark Phoenix Saga, gets less and less every year. It's been many, many years since the X-Men were at their peak, but I hoped that a classic like the Dark Phoenix Saga (that's been adapted to various degrees in animation and film) would transcend their waning popularity.

Anyone ask White if there will be a Jean/Captain Marvel team up since they both have movies out/coming out?
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Anyone ask White if there will be a Jean/Captain Marvel team up since they both have movies out/coming out?
    Jean's stuck in AoX till end of summer so there is nothing happening in the X-Offices on that front. You'd have to ask the Avengers offices and considering they did nothing, Id venture to say no