Page 145 of 626 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean's stuck in AoX till end of summer so there is nothing happening in the X-Offices on that front. You'd have to ask the Avengers offices and considering they did nothing, Id venture to say no
    There is a mystery event after Absolute Carnage that may bring the revamped X-Men and Avengers together for something. Hopefully it's something other than Thanos and the Infinity Stones, they need to do something else to bring all the teams together.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    There is a mystery event after Absolute Carnage that may bring the revamped X-Men and Avengers together for something. Hopefully it's something other than Thanos and the Infinity Stones, they need to do something else to bring all the teams together.
    That wont hit until sometime in fall so it definitely cant be done to promote Dark Phoenix which is out in June

The mystery event is in winter, actually. It's in December.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Can it be Apocalypse? He has not had an important story for many years.

It's Inhumans vs. Eternals.

But nah, it's Iron Man 2020.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

When all is said and done and since #JeanGrey is currently not claiming Phoenix as her own, I would like to see her wear an updated version of her #Xfactor costume with black X gloves and her signature X boots in the comics. I’d like to see #Cyclops wear the same costume but in blue. Maroon looks good on Jean and doesn’t class with her red hair. Rogue can have green
    Attached Images Attached Images

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

It may not be an event, it could just be a line wide re-branding with new #1s.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    When all is said and done and since #JeanGrey is currently not claiming Phoenix as her own, I would like to see her wear an updated version of her #Xfactor costume with black X gloves and her signature X boots in the comics. I’d like to see #Cyclops wear the same costume but in blue. Maroon looks good on Jean and doesn’t class with her red hair. Rogue can have green
    This is nice. Red X-Factor is my fav costume out of the three X-Factor looks.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    jean fans please rally behind dark phoenix..

https://mobile.twitter.com/CNET/stat...35008086036480
    Dark Phoenix has closed to gap a bit. Y’all go vote!
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I'm happy for Carol's success in the box office, but the fact that people think she can beat Dark Phoenix makes me feel like the percent of the population that knows about one of the X-Men's most definitive stories, the Dark Phoenix Saga, gets less and less every year. It's been many, many years since the X-Men were at their peak, but I hoped that a classic like the Dark Phoenix Saga (that's been adapted to various degrees in animation and film) would transcend their waning popularity.
    It’s a popularity contest, not a fight.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Let's be honest here...Whatever it may be, Fox's Dark Phoenix is not a definitive re-telling of the one true DPS. Not by a long-shot. And, it falls woefully short of the source material, much like the rest of their movie XM-adaptations.

So do writers use wiki's as their research? I just noticed in X-force that Jean has a middle name and it is her mother's name Elaine. Someone had edited Elaine as Jean's middle name on the Wikipedia entry for Jean Grey and it was there for a very long time. Last I checked though it had been removed. This was a fan thing that somehow is now canon lol Of course, maybe Brisson or one of the editor's wasn't influenced by the wiki and this was just recently decided. Who knows. I think someone should ask JDW about this.

I am correct, that she didn't have a middle name in the comics? I googled Jean Elaine Grey and found it on several websites. I'm pretty sure this is a fandom creation unless someone can find some proof.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 03-28-2019 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    So do writers use wiki's as their research? I just noticed in X-force that Jean has a middle name and it is her mother's name Elaine. Someone had edited Elaine as Jean's middle name on the Wikipedia entry for Jean Grey and it was there for a very long time. Last I checked though it had been removed. This was a fan thing that somehow is now canon lol Of course, maybe Brisson or one of the editor's wasn't influenced by the wiki and this was just recently decided. Who knows. I think someone should ask JDW about this.

I am correct, that she didn't have a middle name in the comics? I googled Jean Elaine Grey and found it on several websites. I'm pretty sure this is a fandom creation unless someone can find some proof.
    It could very well be ascended fanon. For something like a middle name, that's fairly minor all things considered.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Even if it was a headcanon before, it's canon now.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post

The OFFICIAL marvel encyclopedia has a picture of hope summers in the jean grey entry - whoever made the books thought the picture was of jean.

Point being, if the official marvel encyclopedia can make such a huge mistake, who knows what source writers use. Honestly I just try to roll with it and not overthink it anymore. I think if you’re a hardcore fan of a certain character, you likely have more knowledge about the character than most writers because the writers have so many characters they have to be informed about that they don’t keep up with all the details.

I’m not saying that’s right, or acceptable. But it is what it is.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?