Page 146 of 626 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    So do writers use wiki's as their research? I just noticed in X-force that Jean has a middle name and it is her mother's name Elaine. Someone had edited Elaine as Jean's middle name on the Wikipedia entry for Jean Grey and it was there for a very long time. Last I checked though it had been removed. This was a fan thing that somehow is now canon lol Of course, maybe Brisson or one of the editor's wasn't influenced by the wiki and this was just recently decided. Who knows. I think someone should ask JDW about this.

I am correct, that she didn't have a middle name in the comics? I googled Jean Elaine Grey and found it on several websites. I'm pretty sure this is a fandom creation unless someone can find some proof.
    In Marvel Future Fight that it's an official Marvel game, when looking for information about Jean Grey says:
    Authentic name: Jean Elaine Grey-Summers.
    Most of the characters have in the game their name complete or at least almost for example Cable is: Nathan Christopher Charles Summers.

Yeah I’ve noticed Elaine on a few websites too. It’s canon now lol
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    The OFFICIAL marvel encyclopedia has a picture of hope summers in the jean grey entry - whoever made the books thought the picture was of jean.

Point being, if the official marvel encyclopedia can make such a huge mistake, who knows what source writers use. Honestly I just try to roll with it and not overthink it anymore. I think if you’re a hardcore fan of a certain character, you likely have more knowledge about the character than most writers because the writers have so many characters they have to be informed about that they don’t keep up with all the details.

I’m not saying that’s right, or acceptable. But it is what it is.
    If only all writers were as good with continuity as Al Ewing.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I was always under the assumption than Jean's second name was Elaine.
    i don't remember were i read it the first time tough but it was years ago
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 03-29-2019 at 02:03 PM.

oficial today

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    oficial today
    It's finally getting closer to the release date!

oficial today
    shut it down disney!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Oh that poster is lovely.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

oficial today
    beautiful art

What are the chances the film will actually show us the Phoenix raptor in all its glory? I'm not talking about the silhouettes under water, fiery eyes, or flaming wings that we've seen before but an actual fully visualized bird.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    What are the chances the film will actually show us the Phoenix raptor in all its glory? I'm not talking about the silhouettes under water, fiery eyes, or flaming wings that we've seen before but an actual fully visualized bird.

5% or less. 20:1 odds against is what I'm setting it at. The movies seem really reluctant to embrace anything truly weird or odd.

Better than before though.

maybe if they have budget for that. They are so afraid of doing things like the comic

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

None?
    at most we will get something like the end of Apocalypse

There is something so magnificent about the Phoenix Raptor Effect, as evidenced in this great cartoon clip you posted!!

"None can withstand the Phoenix!"

oficial today
    That...is pretty freaking epic.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.