Page 152 of 626 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 9381
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

The marvel girl costume is lovely and one of my favorites but Jean has outgrow it

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    The only Jean design I saw with a cape was Alex Ross's great redesign!
    Attachment 80947

And a very "LSH" Cockrum early design!
    Attachment 80948
    *after seeing the second one*

My eyes! Dear god, my eyes!

I only asked about a cape because I really loved the costume storm had in red. I know jean doesn’t need a cape but I’d be into seeing one *assuming it Turned out good*
    Last edited by Grey; 04-08-2019 at 07:40 PM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

First X-Lady

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    *aftwr seeing the second one*

My eyes! Dear god, my eyes!

I only asked about a cape because I really loved the costume storm had in red. I know jean doesn’t need a cape but I’d he into seeing one *assuming it
    Turned out good*
    I know I wasn't playing nice! But that's the problem with Cockrum, he was sometimes a little bit overenthusiast and was at the time profundly marked by the Legion of Super Heroes!
    But it's true she looks like she's going to the Carnaval of Rio!

Ross's design had good ideas, I love the hood, and the cape, just too much black but that was his concept for the whole team!
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-c2lZEDxa9g...w2qo1_1280.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    looks like Jean is going to a haloween party

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    I'm so excited to see Larraz's Jean again. She looks great on that cover, and here in this panel as well. The Marvel girl costume has always been a guilty pleasure of mine, so I don't mind seeing it, and I expect its usage will be explained in the comic. Much more excited for this than the other title.

This panel looks right out of Bendis era. And I mean in the best way possible, I LOVED the aesthetics of ANXM.

I like that Jean is out of the X-men Red uniform, but I'm not sure what to make of Jean being back in her second X-men outfit. I guess it does fit with what she has been in recently with Age of X-man.

It just feels like Jean is going backward. In New X-men I felt Jean was about going forward with embracing who she was and becoming a leader at the school. At the end of Phoenix Resurrection it felt like she returned to the 80's, early 90's Jean (though at the end of the comic she was back in the green miniskirt). I want Jean to advance in the way Scott (and Emma) did while she was dead, but I need to let that go.

I spent my morning arguing with some Jean fans on twitter who hated Morrison's run and hated that version of Jean Grey. It is a fool's game to argue with people online (but hey don't we all love to do just that?). Shipping just bugs me on a level that is hard to understand. I want Jean to be her own character, but there are still so many that view her as an extension of Scott Summers. They see her as the girlfriend/wife character that she was during the 90's and from the 90's cartoon. Though, I think it is true to form and even creators see the character in the same sort of duality. You have those like Claremont and Morrison that give Jean an edge and passion and then you have types like Rosenberg and Taylor that see her as this ultra passive "motherly" character.

We shall see soon how Hickman will portray Grey. I am glad that she is included.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I like that Jean is out of the X-men Red uniform, but I'm not sure what to make of Jean being back in her second X-men outfit. I guess it does fit with what she has been in recently with Age of X-man.

It just feels like Jean is going backward. In New X-men I felt Jean was about going forward with embracing who she was and becoming a leader at the school. At the end of Phoenix Resurrection it felt like she returned to the 80's, early 90's Jean (though at the end of the comic she was back in the green miniskirt). I want Jean to advance in the way Scott (and Emma) did while she was dead, but I need to let that go.

I spent my morning arguing with some Jean fans on twitter who hated Morrison's run and hated that version of Jean Grey. It is a fool's game to argue with people online (but hey don't we all love to do just that?). Shipping just bugs me on a level that is hard to understand. I want Jean to be her own character, but there are still so many that view her as an extension of Scott Summers. They see her as the girlfriend/wife character that she was during the 90's and from the 90's cartoon. Though, I think it is true to form and even creators see the character in the same sort of duality. You have those like Claremont and Morrison that give Jean an edge and passion and then you have types like Rosenberg and Taylor that see her as this ultra passive "motherly" character.

We shall see soon how Hickman will portray Grey. I am glad that she is included.
    Being a girlfriend or a a wife, doesn't mean Jean can't be Jean. Writers just need to remember that she exists as a individual

I saw a poll on twitter, majority of fans prefer Jean with Scott or single. It is a giant lack of imagination, there is more possibilities than that.

I think Taylor Jean was a lot better than Morrison, she felt like the caring character that she always was. Morrison Jean was cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    This panel looks right out of Bendis era. And I mean in the best way possible, I LOVED the aesthetics of ANXM.
    same colorist, it helps

I don’t mind the marvel girl costume. However! I do wish they would’ve given it a more updated look. It doesn’t fit properly for this we.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Being a girlfriend or a a wife, doesn't mean Jean can't be Jean. Writers just need to remember that she exists as a individual

I saw a poll on twitter, majority of fans prefer Jean with Scott or single. It is a giant lack of imagination, there is more possibilities than that.

I think Taylor Jean was a lot better than Morrison, she felt like the caring character that she always was. Morrison Jean was cold.

same colorist, it helps
    We may have read different books because Morrison's Jean was not cold. Go back and re-read the issues with her bantering with Beast, her interactions with Beak, Fantomex, Xavier, Wolverine, Dust etc. She even tried to talk to Scott. He was the one that was cold with her. Scott and Jean's relationship with strained but Jean had a lot of good interaction with others. Morrison even gave Jean a bit of an off beat personality, which I think fits her just fine.

I loved her banters with Beast because it is a call back to the original X-men days when they would tease with each other.

Jean had a lot of empathy and compassion in Morrison's run. I do appreciate Taylor's Jean but she was too perfect and too passive for my tastes. I like Jean who is a flawed person even though she has high ideals and standards (but like most of us we so rarely live up to them). I like that she was powerful in both, but Morrison's Jean had an edge about her (much like how Claremont writes Jean) whereas Taylor's Jean reminded me too much of X-men the animated series Jean.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

jean was named on the tv shows deadly class and sabrina the teenage witch !!!!! she is so popular now! finally getting the recognition she deserves

we can be heroes, just for one day

My first thought was that it's time-travel. So this Jean would be another time-displaced one, and same for Scott/Logan/Magneto on the cover that all also have old(though not as old as Jean's) looks. But JDW has claimed more than once that this is not it. I wonder if we should trust him. I also feel like this has to do with Xavier... Like, those would be the versions of each character that he likes the most, and... Of course miniskirt Jean would be his fave. But I'm not sure why he would want Astonishing Scott and White Magneto(that he never even met).

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    same colorist, it helps
    True, it was also the same for Extermination(though this felt for me even more like ANXM fpr ,e, maybe it's the scenary and uniforms), which I thought was a nice touch, to end the O5's story looking how it started. I'd say it's not only the colorist though but also that Larraz art looks a lot like Immonen's.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    jean was named on the tv shows deadly class and sabrina the teenage witch !!!!! she is so popular now! finally getting the recognition she deserves

Even that show The Act, on Hulu. They spent a good chunk talking about Jean Grey, and Wolverine.

Incredible Member

I think they should take exemple of Ross's 2000's redesign and improve upon it:
    tumblr_mf42w1dvhs1rk7w2qo5_1280.jpg

I like the hood and the cape, it makes her feel both mysterious and important. And she is shown with the hood removed. I like the skirt as a subtile nod to the 60's costume. I would have changed the colors, maybe dark green instead of black and gold instead of yellow, but I want my superheroes flashy!

The story is for those who don't know, before Morisson and Quitely were hired by Marvel for New X-Men in 2000, Alex Ross was approached by Marvel. His pitch was refused but the designs he had made leaked. These are for me some of the best designs made for the X-Men. It blends intelligently modernity and hommage to the past, school uniform and superheroe costume.
    For those that complain about the amount of black, I remember you these were the 2000's, black leather was cool! Look at the movies, look at Quitely's X-Men!

A link to the page with all the designs:
    http://www.tencentticker.com/project...ex-ross-x-men/