Page 159 of 626 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209259 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 9381

Bringing over my vote for my favorite (Non-Phoenix) Jean costume from the Costume thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I’d like to see other artists play with Dan Panosian’s JEAN GREY design for “X-Factor Forever” series. It’s a deft combination of the lines of the Marvel Girl (neckline, retro glam gloves)and Phoenix designs (pendant belt sash homage)with the material of the Quitely era functional outfit.

With a little push, I feel that the design pushes the envelope past the “New X-Men” look...but keeps Jean Grey in her superhero timeless downtown glamor girl look.

My idea for a Jean Costume

BANNED

I do think they should have had her wear the Phoenix t-shirt under the trench coat.

But with that said, the original Phoenix costume had some problems. Ridiculously high heels which don't exactly scream modern woman. It's basically spray painted on Jean's body, which is the other problem. Carol Danvers's most famous costume didn't make the Captain Marvel movie for similar reasons. You don't want the actresses to fall down or break their ankles trying to do action films in such tight heels, and in today's climate you just cannot do those things.

With that said Morrison's Phoenix t-shirt or shirt would be nice to see on screen.

Even in the comics, these days I notice while Jean is drawn as a beautiful woman, she looks a lot more ordinary. I think that's the idea. Drawing women to look like sexual fantasies going wild has finally fallen out of style. If you looked at Storm and Jean in the 90s it looked like they spend 500,000 at the hair salon, and when they weren't in superhero costumes they looked they robbed some models. All of this is insulting, as it presents women as a fictional idea that no one can attain to. I also am happy they got over the era of showing all men as though they pumped full of steroids, another ideal that is not good.

We have yet to see the movie, but the most important parts are good writing, good acting, and good special effects. And though the Phoenix on her t-shirt would have been nice, the firey effects are awesome.

BANNED

In an era in which women can be Presidents, doctors, CEOs, is it appropriate to want such a powerful and significant woman to be a model? No The glamor girl look is left from the day in which women, if they worked were teachers, nurses, or if they were lucky actress or model. Beyond that is was just housewife.

Glamor girl is from the era in which women to be models were starving themselves and throwing up. But the supermodel era was killed when major fashion companies decided to hire famous actresses to represent their products. A fat queen Latifah was Cover Girl. An old Ellen was Cover Girl. Revlon for a while had older women like Julianne Moore, Susan Saradon, and Halle Berry as it's spokes women.

BANNED

It gets forgotten, but Jean got a bachelors degree from Metro University and a masters degree from Columbia University. She's one of the greatest psychic masters of all time. She could easily be the world's leading expert in psychology or psychology.

She ran the school for awhile, she could be an education expert. In recent years we've seen Jean express an interest in making the world a better place, and this was not just superhero stuff.

You do not give a woman like this a modeling job! Or a waitress job.

Tony Stark is cool inventor. Beast is a scientist. Xavier really is a professor. Doctor Pym is a scientist. Reed Richards is a scientist. Black Panther is a scientist. Dr. Strange is the expert in magical stuff. Notice how for awhile Marvel had just MALE experts and just MALE geniuses.

Only in recent years have Magik and the Scarlet Witch been show as magical experts to rival Strange (he has had to call on them for help recently). Only in recent years have Emma Frost and Jean Grey been show as psychic experts rivaling Xavier (Emma has beaten him).

So back to Jean Grey, after being Phoenix, knowing the universities mysteries, dying and coming back, raise Nate Grey in the future, coming back to a model? No. She knows a lot of the universe's mysteries and the mysteries of the human mind.

Definitely way too much to be a model.

I always remember Jean is not only smart, but well-educated, and I am always waiting for them to give her a scientific role/title. As you mention, I would love to see Jean use psychology and her psychic mastery to figure out villains, plans, infiltrate the enemies, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Suggested retitle: X-MEN:RED SHOE DIARIES
    ahaha this was a good laugh

That X-Factor Forever costume....nice
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post

WTF!? Scott's face.

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    So cool.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    It gets forgotten, but Jean got a bachelors degree from Metro University and a masters degree from Columbia University. She's one of the greatest psychic masters of all time. She could easily be the world's leading expert in psychology or psychology.

She ran the school for awhile, she could be an education expert. In recent years we've seen Jean express an interest in making the world a better place, and this was not just superhero stuff.

Tony Stark is cool inventor. Beast is a scientist. Xavier really is a professor. Doctor Pym is a scientist. Reed Richards is a scientist. Black Panther is a scientist. Dr. Strange is the expert in magical stuff. Notice how for awhile Marvel had just MALE experts and just MALE geniuses.

Only in recent years have Magik and the Scarlet Witch been show as magical experts to rival Strange (he has had to call on them for help recently). Only in recent years have Emma Frost and Jean Grey been show as psychic experts rivaling Xavier (Emma has beaten him).

So back to Jean Grey, after being Phoenix, knowing the universities mysteries, dying and coming back, raise Nate Grey in the future, coming back to a model? No. She knows a lot of the universe's mysteries and the mysteries of the human mind.

Being a model is nice, but Jean has a degree and it would be nice if she could use it.

I agree with a lot of you that I wish they would focus some on Jean as an educated/professional woman. I know I sound like a broken record when it comes to certain runs, but I loved it in Morrison's run when Jean was in an administrative position at the school. I think it suited her well and it suited her earlier studies in psychology (maybe she was a guidance counselor or vice principle type before she moved to acting headmistress). I don't think we ever saw Jean in a traditional classroom setting like we did Emma, is this correct?

As we have discussed before there are a few X-Men with college education (Bobby, Alex, Lorna, Beast..). We know Jean went to Metro college and that she was studying in X-factor (I think it is fan assumption that in Xfactor she was taking advanced coursework. In my fan/head continuity Jean is college educated.

I also like the idea of Jean studying some applied physics as it would apply to her telekinetic gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I agree with a lot of you that I wish they would focus some on Jean as an educated/professional woman. I know I sound like a broken record when it comes to certain runs, but I loved it in Morrison's run when Jean was in an administrative position at the school. I think it suited her well and it suited her earlier studies in psychology (maybe she was a guidance counselor or vice principle type before she moved to acting headmistress). I don't think we ever saw Jean in a traditional classroom setting like we did Emma, is this correct?

As we have discussed before there are a few X-Men with college education (Bobby, Alex, Lorna, Beast..). We know Jean went to Metro college and that she was studying in X-factor (I think it is fan assumption that in Xfactor she was taking advanced coursework. In my fan/head continuity Jean is college educated.

I also like the idea of Jean studying some applied physics as it would apply to her telekinetic gifts.
    No in X-Factor it's explicitly mentioned that Jean went back to night school to finish off her Bachelors in Arts that she did not complete before she died. She mentions this to Angel. We never hear of it again after the third or fourth issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 04-14-2019 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

She could be a model - but more along the lines of Giselle, whose sports superstar husband brings home the side money. But I doubt Marvel would have Jean controlling a fashion empire, so outside of "I did a couple photoshoots in college" I concur that it shouldn't be her career. Not unless they are willing to go big.
    Dark does not mean deep.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Frankly, I want Jean to be seen as the foremost psychological mind in the Marvel universe. Let Jan have the fashion empire.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    No in X-Factor it's explicitly mentioned that Jean went back to night school to finish off her Bachelors in Arts that she did not complete before she died. She mentions this to Angel. We never hear of it again after the third or fourth issue.
    We will assume she completed it sometime during that run or sometime after. I definitely think Jean should obtain more education. It should be easy for a telepath since they can absorb knowledge.