Page 16 of 626 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116516 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

A new look at age of x-man alpha, so will Jean's new love interest be one of these guys in this panel? https://twitter.com/ZacBeThompson/st...36827611041793

age of x-men alpha

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Morrison didn't hate Jean.

Although it is true that he compared Jean to his ex-girlfriend and Emma to his current one at the time-- he also described Scott, Logan and Jean to the Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman of the X-Men. He described Jean in his New 121 script as looking like an MTV pop star. I remember him also describing her as having an off center personality and as trying so hard to be good that she sometimes forgets to be human. He said he was exploring what if Jean really was a goddess and what happens when she becomes more and more empathic.

He did seem to think that Scott and Jeans relationship had become stale tho. He also clearly loved Emma. I think he loved Jean and Emma for different reasons and in different ways.

He may have killed Jean but he also established that she dies to return, always coming back. Heck, Rosenberg even used Morrison's Phoenix Egg concept to bring Jean back.

Quesada kept Jean dead for so long. Ironically, according to Fraction, Quesada created (the idea of) Hope, originally to be Jean reborn but they later decided to go in a different direction. Luckily, they allowed Bendis to bring in Teen Jean and Rosenberg to bring Adult Jean back. The rest is history as they say.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    age of x-men alpha
    Love this art! Jean looks sooooooooooo good here. Still lovin' that costume.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't like it (the costume). She looks cute but too young.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    A new look at age of x-man alpha, so will Jean's new love interest be one of these guys in this panel? https://twitter.com/ZacBeThompson/st...36827611041793
    I don't care who it is. I'm just sad this is probably going to derail into more hate for Scott and Logan from the fans of whatever character or pairing they make. I'm very fond of both of them but is tiresome to read everybody crapping on them. sadly the true is that marvel has treated both characters and their relationship with Jean so bad that anything will look better in comparisson.
    Oh god. I feel like Cyclops and Wolverine fans will also start to hate Jean.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-07-2019 at 12:19 PM.

i believe on that. Bishop is on the team on Alpha and we know that he will end up on prisoner X because of some transgression.
    Love is a crime on X-man age
    we know that Jean will kiss someone on x-man alpha
    So if Jean kisses someone, the person can be arrested.
    So looks like it is Bishop. He is looking lik nick fury from MCU

i believe on that. Bishop is on the team on Alpha and we know that he will end up on prisoner X because of some transgression.
    I thought it was nick fury too.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

actually a good theory, where did we hear about love being a crime though?

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Theory makes sense. Although I'm slightly disappointed as this theory means that Bishop was mainly pushed for this relationship and less so out of his own worth. Here's hoping he continues to be pushed despite this.

Also considering the theory, is Jean going to be working to overthrow the current status quo along with Bishop?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

I think I saw from comments here

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Theory makes sense. Although I'm slightly disappointed as this theory means that Bishop was mainly pushed for this relationship and less so out of his own worth. Here's hoping he continues to be pushed despite this.

Also considering the theory, is Jean going to be working to overthrow the current status quo along with Bishop?
    i didn't imagine it was going to be bishop but now it seems very likely. Not that there is a problem with him or any other character really
    What i find complicated is tieing development to a relationship. For example, look at scemma. It did wonders for emma and elevated her profile very high but what happens to emma the moment scott is gone or is paired with someone else?
    Jean, Logan and Scott don't depend on romantic relationships to get spotlight or development. whoever it is i hope their relationship doesn't become dependant.
    i also hope there aren't love triangles (probably there will be). i really want marvel to treat other characters or relationships with respect but they are famous for doing the opposite.

I would like it, time for Jean be more pro-active and a bit of outlaw.. a very different role

Who is the bad guy on age of X-man?
    i dont think it is Nate, he is with jean on the same team

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Who is the bad guy on age of X-man?
    i dont think it is Nate, he is with jean on the same team
    I thought they were the bad guys? Also, this is starting to feel more and more like Age of Apocalypse but only slightly different.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 01-07-2019 at 12:15 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

I thought they were the bad guys?
    yes, they are the pro-status quo fascists and for sure Nate is the bad guy.