Page 168 of 626 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 9381
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I'm referring to the instant where she kinda had him in a corner, she used that "empathy attack" and then she kinda backed off, Jean gave him reprise just because he seemed to be stressed by it.....I just think it was the right moment to go for the "kill", I'm not saying it would have worked but considering the gravity of the situation you do have to at least try.

Attachment 81647
    I think that this was fine - from Jean's perspective they had basically won until he pulled the life seed out of his hat.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Nate is Jean's son on some level. Its how she was able to connect to him in this event. Im dont think she'd have it in her to kill him, especially since he wasnt evil and not beyond help/redemption

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Nate is Jean's son on some level. Its how she was able to connect to him in this event. Im dont think she'd have it in her to kill him, especially since he wasnt evil and not beyond help/redemption
    if you are able to kill someone chance is you could also incapacitate them
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

if you are able to kill someone chance is you could also incapacitate them
    Which as far as she and anyone else knew, she had. And then he pulled out his Deus ex Machina.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Which as far as she and anyone else knew, she had. And then he pulled out his Deus ex Machina.
    Sorry to say but I disagree, the battle in the physical plane was still raging, Nate was not incapacitated or rendered inoffensive by any definition of the term, She just lacked the necessary aggressiveness...... which is ok, I guess.....but it needs to be said.
    Any consideration is of course just my pov, I just think that pacifism doesn't always make you the best person for a job when it comes to superheroics.

I just love Jean when written to have a "dangerous side" to herself (when push comes to shove), not a fan of the 100% saint den mother characterization.
    Last edited by Daedra; 04-25-2019 at 03:42 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I love it, is it a commission or cover material?

I love it, is it a commission or cover material?
    would be cool as a HoX variant

I think that's what it is.

God bless Jen Bartel.

I'm hoping as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I think that's what it is.

God bless Jen Bartel.
    Indeed, so very fresh!

Fantastic Member

Except for the eyes, needs to be green.

Pretty sure they're supposed to be green, as they look the same color as the dress for me. Probably just the pic.

BANNED

I think most comic artists are well acquainted with the general rule that brown eyes go with brown hair, blue eyes with blond hair, and green eyes with red hair. Oh, and minorities are a thing too sometimes I guess...

I do understand people’s concerns about Jean’s portrayal as “passificist”, i dont 100% agree with this interpretation of her actions / lack of actions. But i do wish people would stop putting her as Den Mother and pacifist. It may have been a perceotion of her in the 90s and their is a strong 90s vibe in xmen at moment, but injust dont see this part of her. Its just too easy to label her with this.

I like that Jean uses maiming / killing as a last resort. Responsibility of using her powers also involves restraint of them. Yes there are consequences of her decisions, but that is not the same as having sole responsibility for what is happening around her. She is being true to herself no matter what is happening ariund her, which is a good thing and shows strength of character. If she became as reactive viscious as Logan other people would complain.

Jean is breath of fresh air in todays cynical world. I just wish her characterisation / portrayal in Uncanny was a bit more like Red.

So, this looks hilarious