Page 18 of 626 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118518 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    In most of the stories after Whedon's run and before AvX, they could've swapped Emma out for Jean and the difference would've been negligible. Emma had Jean's role and performed Jean's functions--team mom, team telepath, Scott's lover--just with blonder hair, bigger boobs, and snarkier dialogue. Other than her snotty attitude, there wasn't much there that was uniquely Emma anymore.

Well, she's back now. I liked Taylor's take on her, and I hope the writers do her character--and Emma's for that matter--justice going forward.
    Exactly, I liked X-Men Red for that! I think Taylor had a voice for Jean, an interesting voice. And I liked the concept of sentinites and the political subtext. I didn't know the Honey Badger thing! Is that a clone of a clone? I like the idea of Jean promoting empathy.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Exactly, I liked X-Men Red for that! I think Taylor had a voice for Jean, an interesting voice. And I liked the concept of sentinites and the political subtext. I didn't know the Honey Badger thing! Is that a clone of a clone? I like the idea of Jean promoting empathy.
    Gabby is one of a set of assassins created using the Weapon Plus project X-23 template.

I can only talk for myself, I don't hate the Scott/Jean/Logan love triangle but it was too often used as to hide a lack of character development.
    For Emma, I don't agree with you, Generation X didn't sell and Morrison took her from a cancelled serie to the spotlights, he set the events in motion that made her a major player in mutant affairs. No small feat!
    of course generation X didn't sell as Morrison, but was a much better characterization and character development. Morrison just had Emma going for Scott just to torture Jean. No idea how many women got to be a fan of this character
    And Morrison also artificially inflated her and now we see how much it cost. she doesn't have a space on x-men anymore.
    It's much better build things than put things down on people throats

I was much more bothered about the jean/scott/emma triangle, that was a crap triangle.
    But people often complain about the Jean/logan/scott because it downplay Scott manhood
    Last edited by spirit2011; 01-07-2019 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    of course generation X didn't sell as Morrison, but was a much better characterization and character development. Morrison just had Emma going for Scott just to torture Jean. No idea how many women got to be a fan of this character
    And Morrison also artificially inflated her and now we see how much it cost. she doesn't have a space on x-men anymore.
    It's much better build things than put things down on people throats

I was much more bothered about the jean/scott/emma triangle, that was a crap triangle.
    But people often complain about the Jean/logan/scott because it downplay Scott manhood
    People downplay Logan/Jean because it's a toxic cesspit of lust, not love. But don't let me get in the way of your Scott bashing.

oficial kinsberg post

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    oficial kinsberg post

What?

What even IS that tagline?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    People downplay Logan/Jean because it's a toxic cesspit of lust, not love. But don't let me get in the way of your Scott bashing.
    Since when the fandom cares about toxicity? Logan really loved Jean, she didn't loved him but lust isn't toxic. Depends what do you do with it and Jean did nothing.
    If fandom cared about toxicity, scemma would never be big

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Wait, JUNE 7? Thank god, I might actually have time to see it before I leave for the Academy.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

I actually like the poster. They're finally showing the Phoenix iconography, and the white/orange color scheme steps away from all the black, blue, and silver from past X-Men movie posters.

Btw, who is the person above Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique and below Alexandra Shipp's Storm?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

edit: unecessary love triangle discussion. Forget i wrote this
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-07-2019 at 06:24 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Btw, who is the person above Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique and below Alexandra Shipp's Storm?
    I made my research it's Selene played by Kota Eberhardt, so now Selene is a skinny punkette with tatoos on the face, oookaaay!

I smell disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I actually like the poster. They're finally showing the Phoenix iconography, and the white/orange color scheme steps away from all the black, blue, and silver from past X-Men movie posters.
    I do as well.

I made my research it's Selene played by Kota Eberhardt, so now Selene is a skinny punkette with tatoos on the face, oookaaay!

I smell disaster.
    They're really gonna try and run the HFC angle with everything else. Oh lord...

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't want it to be but this movie already seems like a lost cause. Hope i'm wrong

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Too lazy to find the applause gif but trust me, it's there.