Page 183 of 626 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 9381
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

That's one of the things i enjoyed the most about her. I mean she can kick ass when it matters but she is a charismatic, reasonable person she doesn't need to be edgy or dark. She can be a deep character without being antiheroic for the sake of it.

I really hope Marvel never butchers her character like Xavier and Scott. Apparently being good and noble is boring.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 05-07-2019 at 05:14 PM.

So glad more products are coming out.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...2qrSyHpgCLy6qU
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    That's one of the things i enjoyed the most about her. I mean she can kick ass when it matters but she is a charismatic, reasonable person she doesn't need to be edgy or dark. She can be a deep character without being antiheroic for the sake of it.

I really hope Marvel never butchers her character like Xavier and Scott. Apparently being good and noble is boring.
    i'm tired of dark and gritty characters being considered better.

Jean has a edge, but she is mostly a good person. That is why I like her, we need more of it

Incredible Member

Yes, I really liked X-Men Red Jean too, except for the costume (I hate shoulderpads). It was a well-written Jean. I really hoped it would usher a new era for the X-Men, a more hopeful era.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Technically it already happened with Dark Phoenix. It seems to be a guarantee that a hero will eventually go through a "dark" phase in some way. Some just receive better redemption arcs/explanations than others.

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    So glad more products are coming out.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...2qrSyHpgCLy6qU
    That thing looks adorable.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 05-07-2019 at 06:01 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Technically it already happened with Dark Phoenix. It seems to be a guarantee that a hero will eventually go through a "dark" phase in some way. Some just receive better redemption arcs/explanations than others.

there was a external force and a mental tampering. It wa smore of a journey than the destination

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    there was a external force and a mental tampering. It wa smore of a journey than the destination
    True, but that was also my point. Some characters are dealt better hands than others.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

Red's jean is a lot more warmer and 3 dimensional than Morrison
    She was too much of a militant Pacificist. Jean could have stopped Nate from doing Age of XMan if she had not held on to such militant pacificism. They would never write a male character this way.

Jean should have had the knock down drag out fight with Cassandra Nova. But she did not.

Red's jean is a lot more warmer and 3 dimensional than Morrison
    I know you hate literally everything about the Morrison run, but this is just untrue. Red's Jean was the weakest Jean's been portrayed since the 1960s. Like she was afraid to do literally any fighting or confronting. She ended up just being a mouthpiece for the authors views rather than an organic character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    ... When? She stood toe to toe with Storm, holding back. Beat Rachel EASILY. Went toe to toe with Nova and all she got was a nosebleed when Nova tried to psychically tear her apart. Telepathically ripped Blackbolt a new *******. Did well against a bunch of dinosaurs while leading her team. Handled protecting Searebro and the Atlanteans against Teen Abomination. Was one of the last few standing against Black Bolt's hounds. Is the one that, in Extermination, ultimately saved the day. Held her own against Magneto and X-Man's other heralds. Technically bested X-Man until he pulled his deus ex machina out.

Adult Jean is doing just fine.
    She would have beat XMan even with the deus ex machina had she not been trying to comfort him. She could have taken Nova down earlier. She gave Nova an opportunity to commit mass murder. Jean often acts like the therapist/counselor Troi in fights. Instead of her defeating Typhoid Mary she acts as her therapist until sh finally decides to put Mary in control. Had she not gone easy on Nate, we would have been saved from this lame AOA repeat. The current writers are not writing her like a powerful hero. Captain Marvel and Rogue have much better writers that actually allow them to fight.

The current XMen office is a bit too misogynistic. A lot of firings are happening post merger, so there’s hope.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Then what should she have done with Nova? Kill her?
    That is not Jean, she is strong, powerful and can get angry but she is not another brute.
    Leave that to the edgelords, Jean is still a hero, an example, inspiring. Being a hero and a good person is not lame or weak.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 05-07-2019 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I know you hate literally everything about the Morrison run, but this is just untrue. Red's Jean was the weakest Jean's been portrayed since the 1960s. Like she was afraid to do literally any fighting or confronting. She ended up just being a mouthpiece for the authors views rather than an organic character.
    She wasn't afraid of fighting, she choose not to fight. That is completely in character for Jean, she choose another way since the older ways weren't working

That is not Jean, she is strong, powerful and can get angry but she is not another brute.
    Leave that to the edgelords, Jean is still a hero, an example, inspiring. Being a hero and a good person is not lame or weak.
    The solution she chose is set up for failure. Nova is strong enough to control most of the Shi'Ar Empire by herself. Those nanites aren't going to hold. Some enemies need to be put down. It's not about edginess, it's about being practical. Nova is up there with Sinister on the most evil beings the X-Men fight.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    She was too much of a militant Pacificist. Jean could have stopped Nate from doing Age of XMan if she had not held on to such militant pacificism. They would never write a male character this way.

Jean should have had the knock down drag out fight with Cassandra Nova. But she did not.
    Jean would end up killing entire earth if she choose to fight Nate. He is omega without a life seed, with a life see he overpowers her.

Cassandra Nova approach worked

If she needed to kill Nova, she should. My rule is if by not killing a villain people gonna die, kill the villain.

She found another way, and i'm glash she did. Specially because death can't stop Cassandra nova
    Last edited by spirit2011; 05-07-2019 at 07:52 PM.

BANNED

That’s utter crap. As plain Jean Grey plain Jean Grey she has killed people. For starters the Morlock MeMe. At a minimum Jean should have beaten the crap out of Nova. I’m sure they could have found a way to temporarily imprisonments her. It would use lasted forever, but neither will the empathy device.

As plain Jean in the 90s she kicked Gamesmaster’s butt and he was another very powerful telepath. She took down Unscione with a thought and with a thought shattered Fitzroy’s armor. She psychically disassembled prime sentinels. All of this when not Phoenix. Oh as Marvel Girl pre Phoenix she knocked out the Hulk and stunned Juggernaut with her psychic attacks. She beat Magneto
    By herself.

Not to mention the thrashing she put on Emma Frost and Nova when she was Phoenix. As Phoenix she best Firelord too.