Page 185 of 626 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235285 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 9381

I thought Exodus and Stryfe being so powerful was only in the 1990's, not currently?

Jean was only a shadow of her current power in the '90's. So while Exodus and Stryfe new stink power has lowered over the years, Jean Grey's powers have greatly increased.

I don't believe the thinking of the kids outshing the originals (parents) is the current thinking, is it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I thought Exodus and Stryfe being so powerful was only in the 1990's, not currently?

Jean was only a shadow of her current power in the '90's. So while Exodus and Stryfe new stink power has lowered over the years, Jean Grey's powers have greatly increased.

I don't believe the thinking of the kids outshing the originals (parents) is the current thinking, is it?
    No, no, no...there are no excuses..she got captured by Genesis....she did beat up Sabretooth but Exodus is a whole other level...Stryfe is much more powerful than Jea ..90s or not.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    No, no, no...there are no excuses..she got captured by Genesis....she did beat up Sabretooth but Exodus is a whole other level...Stryfe is much more powerful than Jea ..90s or not.
    Nah, nah, nah. Jean went toe to toe with Apocalypse in Uncanny like it was nothing. Exodus jobbed against Kid Gladiator, a lesser version of a character that the teen Jean Grey defeated along with the rest of the Imperial Guard.

Jean >>> Exodus
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Exodus and Stryfe are threats to the entire X-men, specially the former, if one X-men alone could take them, they would not be.

Also, yes the kids are more powerful, that was the whole point of Sinister's obsession with Scott/Jean bloodline.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Nah, nah, nah. Jean went toe to toe with Apocalypse in Uncanny like it was nothing. Exodus jobbed against Kid Gladiator, a lesser version of a character that the teen Jean Grey defeated along with the rest of the Imperial Guard.

Jean >>> Exodus
    to be fair, Apocalypse hasnt been written as some big all powerful being in a long time. He's been a joke for some time. Had Jean been able to take him out like that during Fall of the Mutants, then that'd be a different story.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

Jean >>> Exodus
    Even Gladiator himself wouldn't have much of a chance against Exodus, him jobbing to Kid Gladiator was just Aaron as usual making powerful characters job to his pets- he's even worse with Wolverine and Quentin Quire- and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Incredible Member

Empathy for me is Jean's greatest strength and her burden at the same time. She cannot help herself from being an empathic person and that's in part what makes her such a great telepath, everything with her works from an instinct level, she lets her power flow naturally while someone like Emma Frost is more about control. I always thought of Emma thinking that Jean's empathy is dangerous as a telepath, like inviting disaster to your table.
    I really liked Jean in her X-Men Red run, apart from the costume (Grrr!). If you put the political subtext aside, it illustrates Jean's vision very well. Finding another way to end conflicts, in her case empathy and understanding (I really liked for exemple the way she handled the polish soldiers situation).
    I'm really hoping for a brighter future for mutants, because this neverending cycle of tragedies and death toll is sickening me.
    Jean for me is the one who could lead the mutant people in a new, more positive era.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Even Gladiator himself wouldn't have much of a chance against Exodus, him jobbing to Kid Gladiator was just Aaron as usual making powerful characters job to his pets- he's even worse with Wolverine and Quentin Quire- and shouldn't be taken seriously.
    If we're taking the times that Jean jobbed to whoever when she was being undercut in the 90s, then this counts. And if this counts and Jean was able to take out the entire Imperial Guard while Exodus jobbed to Kid Gladiator and then later Hope and the gang, Jean is more powerful than him now.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

When did Exodus job to Kid Gladiator? Rogue stole Kid Gladiators powers and Exodus continued to whip the entire team including Rogue and a full two teams including Rachel Grey. He floored Rogue with one punch.

preview for next issue of age of x-man

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...elous-x-men-4/

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I know Exodus is not pushover but if i remember correctly he was beated by Magneto on Bunncany.
    I think Jean has the chance

Small trailer with a glimpse of the raptor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=ePHoiA68TRE
    First X-Lady

Didn't Xavier alone defeat Exodus a few years ago?

Jean is more powerful than Xavier.

Didn't Xavier alone defeat Exodus a few years ago?

Jean is more powerful than Xavier.
    Exodus is one of the top "power creep, power seep" candidates in the X-Verse, up there with Apocalypse. There are times where Exodus can go one versus virtually everyone and not get a scratch, there are times where a living plot device gives him a seizure from 20 miles away and kills him. When written in his favor, he's one of the most powerful psionics in the X-Verse. When written out of favor, he's basically a "Magik School Bus" for Magneto.

Basically, he is to psychics what Juggernaut is to physical fighters: you bring him in to show how powerful your psychic is.

As far as I remember, Exodus is like Captain Britain or Gladiator in that his powers fluctuate according to his self-confidence.

Also, Bunn implied in an interview that Exodus let Magneto win.