Page 186 of 626 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236286 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    As far as I remember, Exodus is like Captain Britain or Gladiator in that his powers fluctuate according to his self-confidence.

Also, Bunn implied in an interview that Exodus let Magneto win.
    See, I hate that. It's just a lazy way for an writer to be able to win against an established powerful character. "Oh yeah, he got thrashed by a group of toddlers with knives because he was having self-esteem issues."

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    See, I hate that. It's just a lazy way for an writer to be able to win against an established powerful character. "Oh yeah, he got thrashed by a group of toddlers with knives because he was having self-esteem issues."
    Kinda reminds me of Dr. Doom and his doombots. You thought you could defeat him, nope it was a robot and you just didn't know it.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    If it happens via different writers over and over again? It has credibility and credence.
    And sontherefore does the flip side of your argument.

It is really a pointless (but can be fun if done resoectfully or with humour) exercise. No one is ever wring in this situation, its just modern interpretatiins of old facts, of someone who is not real, that does not stop me being passionate about her though!

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Empathy for me is Jean's greatest strength and her burden at the same time. She cannot help herself from being an empathic person and that's in part what makes her such a great telepath, everything with her works from an instinct level, she lets her power flow naturally while someone like Emma Frost is more about control. I always thought of Emma thinking that Jean's empathy is dangerous as a telepath, like inviting disaster to your table.
    I really liked Jean in her X-Men Red run, apart from the costume (Grrr!). If you put the political subtext aside, it illustrates Jean's vision very well. Finding another way to end conflicts, in her case empathy and understanding (I really liked for exemple the way she handled the polish soldiers situation).
    I'm really hoping for a brighter future for mutants, because this neverending cycle of tragedies and death toll is sickening me.
    Jean for me is the one who could lead the mutant people in a new, more positive era.
    I think people akso firget that empathy fir Jean, fir me, is more of a oersonakity trait, not a power set. There are 2 dufferent kinds of empathy people are talking about here..

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Small trailer with a glimpse of the raptor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=ePHoiA68TRE
    Oh my that raptor is beautiful, hope we get decent Phoenix effects from Jean too. The current clips of her Phoenix-ing up look a bit understated. I get feeling we may onky see full Phoenix effect when it leaves Jean’s body, either as a result of her exorcising it somehow, or as result of her death.

The original DP story line had such power because of the characterisations, but also because of Jean’s self sacrifice. Jean’s “deaths’ especially in relation to Phoenix are so cliched now, that, whilst I am looking forward to the film, if she dies people are going to complain, and if she lives people will feel it does DP Saga a disservice and would be a cop out. Maybe we need to forget the source material and just see the film as it is? That’s what I’m going to try to do.
    Last edited by Portsian; 05-11-2019 at 11:49 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I'm trying to remember any possible past interactions of Jean with Captain Marvel but it is being difficult.
    Could any of you please tell me if you remember some?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I'm trying to remember any possible past interactions of Jean with Captain Marvel but it is being difficult.
    Could any of you please tell me if you remember some?
    1. last issue of X-Men Red
    2. as binary, when Jean saved her from the inciters (or something)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Kinda reminds me of Dr. Doom and his doombots. You thought you could defeat him, nope it was a robot and you just didn't know it.
    Or Thanos and his clones. You thought it was me Thanos, but it was my Clone Thanosi

Not sure if Jean will get to do anything in this story.

First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Not sure if Jean will get to do anything in this story.

This issue will be spotlight on Jean, so for sure she will do something

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I believe she will be the focus of the last two issues

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    1. last issue of X-Men Red
    2. as binary, when Jean saved her from the inciters (or something)
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Oh my that raptor is beautiful, hope we get decent Phoenix effects from Jean too. The current clips of her Phoenix-ing up look a bit understated. I get feeling we may onky see full Phoenix effect when it leaves Jean’s body, either as a result of her exorcising it somehow, or as result of her death.

The original DP story line had such power because of the characterisations, but also because of Jean’s self sacrifice. Jean’s “deaths’ especially in relation to Phoenix are so cliched now, that, whilst I am looking forward to the film, if she dies people are going to complain, and if she lives people will feel it does DP Saga a disservice and would be a cop out. Maybe we need to forget the source material and just see the film as it is? That’s what I’m going to try to do.
    Expanded previous post cos of crap typing!

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    I think people also forget that Jean’s empathy, for me, is more of a personality trait rather than part of her power set. Its her internal empathy that is the source of her compassion.

There are 2 different kinds of empathy people are talking about here..
    Reposted with corrections.

Is there any way of turning soellcheck on when i am typing, in these forums?

DP clip with Magneto and Jean at Genosha. How does Jean do that with her hair?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1127197996024848385
    First X-Lady

It is a generic effect of "I am so powerful that my hair floats".