Page 187 of 626 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237287 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 9381

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    DP clip with Magneto and Jean at Genosha. How does Jean do that with her hair?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1127197996024848385
    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It is a generic effect of "I am so powerful that my hair floats".
    It was also a thing in the original storyline.

Floating hair is good.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Happy mothers day!
    Luckily on comics you don't have to get pregnant to have kids.

Jean's progeny is complicated and it comes from very weird sources and circunstances but even though it can be a bit convoluted she has been and excellent and caring person in situations were other people may not be.

I really like her relationship with Cable because you have to be a really special and loving person to deal with something as complicated as him. But Jean did, she adopted and cared for him since he was a baby and endured many difficulties for him. I think it added a new dimension to her character and it also gave her a badass terminator who cares a lot about her.
    tumblr_p55k5bAw1I1v2rhf9o2_500.jpg
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 05-12-2019 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Happy mothers day!
    Luckily on comics you don't have to get pregnant to have kids.

Jean's progeny is complicated and it comes from very weird sources and circunstances but even though it can be a bit convoluted she has been and excellent and caring person in situations were other people may not be.

I really like her relationship with Cable because you have to be a really special and loving person to deal with something as complicated as him. But Jean did, she adopted and cared for him since he was a baby and endured many difficulties for him. I think it added a new dimension to her character and it also gave her a badass terminator who cares a lot about her.
    tumblr_p55k5bAw1I1v2rhf9o2_500.jpg
    Marvel should had stopped with these time traveling adult kids. It takes aways a lot of the parenting.
    Jean is a good mother, but she and rachel never really got the chance

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Marvel should had stopped with these time traveling adult kids. It takes aways a lot of the parenting.
    Jean is a good mother, but she and rachel never really got the chance
    Jean and Rachel's relationship is an awkward and tragic one. They're almost never at the same place at the same time, so they have no time to build a mother/daughter relationship. And their relationship suffers from that (and lazy writers!).
    I really hope one day it will be adressed one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Jean and Rachel's relationship is an awkward and tragic one. They're almost never at the same place at the same time, so they have no time to build a mother/daughter relationship. And their relationship suffers from that (and lazy writers!).
    ce06bb5ad15fd9db8754358ae44a6003.jpg

Just kind of funny.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    It's really hard to catch them on the same space time continuum.

I think it might not be very attractive for the writers have a grown up adult daughter relationship with her mom.
    Taylor gave it a start, but no writer developed on it yet. It was a huge thing have jean recognize Rachel a her daughter (again)

I think it is cool exactly because it is not normal. Imagine being in one of their shoes in such a situation.

I don't think i could act like a stranger if i lived through a similar situation. I would probably want to connect with Jean/Rachel.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    That's really funny, but an horrible truth also. Jean Grey and Scott Summers are the worst parents in the MU, well, until we learn Red Richards has been experimenting on his kids since before birth!
    A good story for me would be to have Rachel go back to the timestream and come back younger as just after the attack on the X-mansion in her own timeline. Having Rachel back as a young mutant teenager would be a fun way to have Jean fill that mother role. But it would erase for a time all her development (just for a time cause it's Rachel!).

Jean is not a bad mother. She has done way more than any other person on her position would have.
    Who else goes to an apocalyptic future for more than a decade to raise a kid?

for all the convoluted situations she has done and excellent job.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 05-12-2019 at 05:26 PM.

Jean is not a bad mother. She has done way more than any other person on her position would have.
    The kid wasn't even hers.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The kid wasn't even hers.
    she took care of him and loved him like her own, without asking anything, without obligation. She is a good and loving mom by action not just because she had to.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 05-12-2019 at 05:30 PM.

Incredible Member

Yes, you're right, I was joking!
    She's been a fairly good mother to Nathan given the situation, but she didn't have much chance with Rachel. Either they are not at the same place at the same time or they don't interact.
    I just wish they had a chance to establish a true relationship. That would be a great fulfillment for both characters.