Page 196 of 523 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246296 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 7842
  1. #2926
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    7,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dislike the school aspect. I agree with JDW. The X-men work better when the school is a cover for them rather than it be an actual boarding school
    It creates many generations of alumns that end up being canon fodder or never really well used

  2. #2927
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Which is why it was best when the school was moved to another location in the 90s with Gen X and the X-men stayed at the Xavier mansion. They shouldnt be teachers especially since most of them dont have any degrees and are not qualified to teach
    I wonder what did Xavier teach them. They should have learned something from their time on the school.
    My opinions are my own
    Sometimes I can express negative opinions about certain topics but It is never my intention to offend you.

  3. #2928
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Which is why it was best when the school was moved to another location in the 90s with Gen X and the X-men stayed at the Xavier mansion. They shouldnt be teachers especially since most of them dont have any degrees and are not qualified to teach
    They teach mostly about how to use their powers, fight, fly the jet, etc, they are qualified for that. Plus, Xavier is qualified to teach all types of classes, and the X-men that actually studied there had a good education.

    Of course, have Logan and Ororo as headmasters is just stupid, though. Where did they learn anything necessary for the job?

    Mind, you don't 300 students at the school, but have them teach at least a few kids it's important.

  4. #2929
    Incredible Member MechaJeanix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    The school aspect of the x-books is something interesting i think. Yeah, the X-men fight all threats againts mutantkind but there should be something more than beating robots and villains. something deeper.
    Teaching and caring for the next generations seem like a much more meaningful message and i think Jean is perfect for the job. So i hope she gets the chance to be a teacher/headmistress.
    I agree with you. It makes the X-men more than just another superhero team. I think it does create an added depth to them. Creators can go overboard with creating too many students, but I like the school being an actual school. It creates a world that we, the reader would love to insert ourselves and be a mutant student at the Xavier Institute (re: Harry Potter fans who in their imaginations want to go to Hogwarts, etc).

    I like Jean being a counselor or administrator. I think in Hickman's X-men she may be a teacher (going by the preview with her and the students).

  5. #2930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Seems like most telepaths in the X-Verse just go with their birth name. Professor X was sort of a nickname rather than a codename. Kid Omega got dropped fairly quickly.
    Is that true?

    Professor X has been used as a codename, moniker, and title. Same with Quentin Quire he's frequently referenced as Kid Omega as least in description. Then there's Cable, Legion, X-man, Chamber, M, The Three in One, Exodus, "Prestige", Psylocke, Empath, Karma etc. Truth is Jean and Emma are the outliers with the latter using White Queen as more of a codename infrequently this past decade.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 05-17-2019 at 08:55 PM.

  6. #2931
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Is that true?

    Professor X has been used as a codename, moniker, and title. Same with Quentin Quire he's frequently referenced as Kid Omega as least in description. Then there's Cable, Legion, X-man, Chamber, M, The Three in One, Exodus, "Prestige", Psylocke, Empath, Karma etc. Truth is Jean and Emma are the outliers with the latter using White Queen as more of a codename infrequently this past decade.
    I wouldnt add Prestige to that. That codename didnt stick as no one calls Rachel that. She's more commonly referred to by her first name

  7. #2932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I wouldnt add Prestige to that. That codename didnt stick as no one calls Rachel that. She's more commonly referred to by her first name
    True, eliciting the quotes, although I'm hazy on Guggenheim's run didn't she reclaim that codename? Let's pray not, Rachel Summers works just fine.

  8. #2933
    Astonishing Member Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,020

    Default

    One compromise to the school aspect would be to keep the school but to stop developing any of the students as characters. This way, the school aspect could still exist for those who like it but we stop getting the weird thing where known students never seem to move on from student status.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

  9. #2934
    Incredible Member MechaJeanix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    One compromise to the school aspect would be to keep the school but to stop developing any of the students as characters. This way, the school aspect could still exist for those who like it but we stop getting the weird thing where known students never seem to move on from student status.
    I agree that the x-kids should have been kept to a minimum. I think the kids from Grant Morrison's run should have been developed more but instead we had all these new young X-Men characters created.

    Also the X-Men being a real school gives the main characters a reason for staying and living at Xavier's (because they also work there). Otherwise it isn't very believable that they all would stay so long. They do their adventures but they also teach (or administer or work security, or whatever) at the school. Xavier should pay them a salary.

    But honestly I'm fine either way but I prefer a school aspect to the Xavier Institute.

    So... what do you all want or expect from Jean in House of X? We know she has scenes with the students. I assume she will be a major character since she's on a few of the covers.

  10. #2935
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,441

    Default

    It is too early to tell, I believe everybody is going to play second fiddle to Xavier and Magneto to be honest.
    My opinions are my own
    Sometimes I can express negative opinions about certain topics but It is never my intention to offend you.

  11. #2936
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    7,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I agree that the x-kids should have been kept to a minimum. I think the kids from Grant Morrison's run should have been developed more but instead we had all these new young X-Men characters created.

    Also the X-Men being a real school gives the main characters a reason for staying and living at Xavier's (because they also work there). Otherwise it isn't very believable that they all would stay so long. They do their adventures but they also teach (or administer or work security, or whatever) at the school. Xavier should pay them a salary.

    But honestly I'm fine either way but I prefer a school aspect to the Xavier Institute.

    So... what do you all want or expect from Jean in House of X? We know she has scenes with the students. I assume she will be a major character since she's on a few of the covers.
    I think living at the mansion might be attractive to some x-men, specially the ones that doesn't have a regular job and income.
    For sure Xavier should pay them haha

    I would like to know what Hickman thinks about Jean, I don't think he ever wrote her before. For now she is probably one of the major characters on this series.

  12. #2937
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I think living at the mansion might be attractive to some x-men, specially the ones that doesn't have a regular job and income.
    For sure Xavier should pay them haha

    I would like to know what Hickman thinks about Jean, I don't think he ever wrote her before. For now she is probably one of the major characters on this series.
    If Jean had to find a job what would you like for her to do?
    My opinions are my own
    Sometimes I can express negative opinions about certain topics but It is never my intention to offend you.

  13. #2938
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

    I would like to know what Hickman thinks about Jean, I don't think he ever wrote her before. For now she is probably one of the major characters on this series.
    He had plans for Jeen in Secret Wars (Jean herself being dead), you see that both her and Scott were on the covers, but all the sudden she didn't even appear and Cyclops had the Phoenix, and was killed off abruptly.

    Hickman also mentioned at the time he had plans for Cyclops and the Phoenix that Marvel didn't like, but didn't say much. My guess there was heavy editorial interference there, but he didn't say too much because he hoped to come back and write X-men eventually.

  14. #2939
    Extraordinary Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    9,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    One compromise to the school aspect would be to keep the school but to stop developing any of the students as characters. This way, the school aspect could still exist for those who like it but we stop getting the weird thing where known students never seem to move on from student status.
    That’s what is already happening.

  15. #2940
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    7,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    If Jean had to find a job what would you like for her to do?
    She is good talking with people and getting the best out of people. I think she would be a psychologist or a personal coach.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •