Page 2 of 626 FirstFirst 1234561252102502 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I honestly hope so too. If Taylor can't write Jean, then Brisson is a good second, Thompson and Nadler good thirds, and Rosenberg a decent fourth.
    I think Brisson would be a great choice. With Larraz on art would make me super happy.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Hi I made some Phoenixes.

Phoenixes.jpg
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Make me a Rachel in my costume redesign?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Make me a Rachel in my costume redesign?
    I can try to get something close! Give me a day or two
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Phoenixes.jpg
    Oh this is cool! The green one is my fave.

I can try to get something close! Give me a day or two
    xo no rush no pressure have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    My poor Jeen, it was amazing while it lasted.
    Attachment 75653
    Attachment 75654

no sign of adult Jean using the pink form. it looks like sadly is already being forgotten
    Attachment 75655
    It’s still so early, I wouldn’t assume it’s been forgoften. I guarantee a writer will use it eventually.

I miss teen jean so much already. Ugh. That goodbye in extermination was so bittersweet.

Honestly if the current uncanny is representative of what’s to come I may dip out of comics for a while since teen jean left and she was my favorite. It’s been so mediocre for me so far but I’ll givd t a little more time.
    Last edited by Grey; 01-01-2019 at 08:40 PM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I just miss Jeen she was my first Jean. Since i started with the X-men she was the only Jean avalible and Adult Jean was something distant. I almost can't believe that Jeen is gone and the adult is back
    Same

Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Incredible Member

Hi everyone, and happy new year!
    It's beautiful to see your reactions to Young Jean because it mirrors mine as a kid back in 1981.
    I'm french and I grew up reading Spécial Strange where every two months you could read 2 Uncanny X-Men and 1 Spider-Man Team-up with french covers!
    972631260.jpg
    05b3aea18e6e9af6be8a83eb1a4dbe83.jpg
    This is the Jean I grew up with, beautiful isn't she?
    I think the moment you discover a character defines the way you see him, you discovered Jean by Young Jean and I discovered her as Phoenix in the Byrne episodes and all the other Jean compare to her. I remember I disliked Jean in X-Factor first feeling her disminished (It took me a while to understand that Phoenix was very specific)!
    Now we have the actual Jean, a newly resurrected Jean in a troubled world.
    And X-Men Red was a great way to reintroduce her to us! I like this idea of a free Jean, free from the Phoenix, free from always having to restrein herself, and finally free to acknowledge her own power and place in the Marvel universe. It's been a loooong way!

I like that Jean Grey is taking a more pro-active part and I hope that Cyclops's resurrection doesn't make her take a backseat, I'm not even sure Jean and Scott should be on the same team! They're at a time where they both should define themselves individually (just like Cyclops was in Whedon's run), it doesn't mean their love shouldn't rekindle but I think we should see it be rebuild raher than offered us as a given.

I like how she used Cassandra Nova to make a statement in front of all the superheroes community. She used the manipulator Cassandra (I like how Taylor wrote her, so clever!) to show the Avengers that she could have killed her but chose another way, the healing way. And made the Avengers stand by the X-Men in front of the United Nations effectively officialy ending years of distrust and sometimes open warfare between the two teams. For her first story arc since her resurrection!

Of course she will eventually make mistakes, and she shouldn't be perfect, but I hope she will take the place of the major player she always should have been.

Does she have inside sources? We will see in a few weeks Grace.

#DarkPhoenix trailer also coming in the next week or so!
    -Grace Randolph Twitter
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Does she have inside sources? We will see in a few weeks Grace.

-Grace Randolph Twitter
    She said this exactly few weeks ago. She has no sources. She's just guessing.

Why do people take her seriously anyway? She once said that Scott and Jean are overexposed in movies.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Hi everyone, and happy new year!
    It's beautiful to see your reactions to Young Jean because it mirrors mine as a kid back in 1981.
    I'm french and I grew up reading Spécial Strange where every two months you could read 2 Uncanny X-Men and 1 Spider-Man Team-up with french covers!
    972631260.jpg
    05b3aea18e6e9af6be8a83eb1a4dbe83.jpg
    This is the Jean I grew up with, beautiful isn't she?
    I think the moment you discover a character defines the way you see him, you discovered Jean by Young Jean and I discovered her as Phoenix in the Byrne episodes and all the other Jean compare to her. I remember I disliked Jean in X-Factor first feeling her disminished (It took me a while to understand that Phoenix was very specific)!
    Now we have the actual Jean, a newly resurrected Jean in a troubled world.
    And X-Men Red was a great way to reintroduce her to us! I like this idea of a free Jean, free from the Phoenix, free from always having to restrein herself, and finally free to acknowledge her own power and place in the Marvel universe. It's been a loooong way!

I like that Jean Grey is taking a more pro-active part and I hope that Cyclops's resurrection doesn't make her take a backseat, I'm not even sure Jean and Scott should be on the same team! They're at a time where they both should define themselves individually (just like Cyclops was in Whedon's run), it doesn't mean their love shouldn't rekindle but I think we should see it be rebuild raher than offered us as a given.

I like how she used Cassandra Nova to make a statement in front of all the superheroes community. She used the manipulator Cassandra (I like how Taylor wrote her, so clever!) to show the Avengers that she could have killed her but chose another way, the healing way. And made the Avengers stand by the X-Men in front of the United Nations effectively officialy ending years of distrust and sometimes open warfare between the two teams. For her first story arc since her resurrection!

Of course she will eventually make mistakes, and she shouldn't be perfect, but I hope she will take the place of the major player she always should have been.
    Welcome to CBR, mogwen!

Love those Jean Phoenix images.

Happy New Year fellow Jean fans!

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    She said this exactly few weeks ago. She has no sources. She's just guessing.

Why do people take her seriously anyway? She once said that Scott and Jean are overexposed in movies.
    Well there was a new trailer a week or so ago (even though it had very little new footage) so she wasn’t wrong.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Welcome to CBR, mogwen!

Love those Jean Phoenix images.

Happy New Year fellow Jean fans!
    Well, thank you, Phenixx9, I've been coming on CBR for a few years, but tat's the first time I feel the need to talk about my love of comic books with others! great!
    These covers are art by Jean Frisano from the late 70's- beginning 80's, He was doing covers for Marvel Magazines in France until his death in 1987!
    Great covers, some are really Alex Rossesque!

Happy 2019 and here's hoping for a year of great Jean and X-Men comics. In today's Uncanny she didn't have too much to say but

spoilers:
    she did go toe-to-toe with Apocalypse and seemed to be holding her own, so that was something.
    end of spoilers