Page 203 of 626 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213253303 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 9381

Emma fans got mad/disappointed/whatever about JDW because Emma was already on a bad place and JDW seemed to think that's where she belonged. Hickman hasn't said anything about Jean for us to be worried over how he feels about another character.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Emma fans got mad/disappointed/whatever about JDW because Emma was already on a bad place and JDW seemed to think that's where she belonged. Hickman hasn't said anything about Jean for us to be worried over how he feels about another character.
    the problems is that they are used to be catered, but JDW never said anything bad about her

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    the problems is that they are used to be catered, but JDW never said anything bad about her
    In your opinion, since you despise the character. He wanted her evil because 80s nostalgia. I don't expect you to see why that's incredibly insulting not just to Emma, but every single X-story between 1992 and 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Emma fans got upset with JDW because he said he preferred her as a villain, which ignores the last 18 years of her character history.

He listed his favorites, how is that shilling?
    JDW said that and he himself said that he doesn't put his view on the writers. he even approved Leah pitch.
    and now Hickman.

He was shilling on the interview today

Well I don't think JDW really screwed up Emma anyway. She actually had better appearances under him than under the previous X-Men Editor, that was responsable not only for IvX but X-Men Blue and etc.

Anyway, this is getting off topic already. So far I'm optimistic about Jean. Also, one of my takeaways from his interview is that apparently he wants for characters to be able to use any costume any time and not just stay with one, so... Maybe Marvel Girl dress isn't gonna be her new fashion status quo? lol.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well I don't think JDW really screwed up Emma anyway. She actually had better appearances under him than under the previous X-Men Editor, that was responsable not only for IvX but X-Men Blue and etc.

Anyway, this is getting off topic already. So far I'm optimistic about Jean. Also, one of my takeaways from his interview is that apparently he wants for characters to be able to use any costume any time and not just stay with one, so... Maybe Marvel Girl dress isn't gonna be her new fashion status quo? lol.
    So maybe she’ll be in her Red Costume/ 90’s Costume in some stories.....

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Please no 90's costume. Please God, no. I wanna see more of the Portacio X-Factor uniform or see her back in her Morrison duds if Phoenix is out of the question.

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Am I the only one who didn’t rally like hickman’s Philosophy on costumes? He basically said “it doesn’t make much sense for mutants to be wearing street clothes often- it makes more sense for them to just cycle through this costumes as that is their main wardrobe.”

I can swallow cycling through old costumes- but saying they shouldn’t really wear street clothes? What? If anything I’d think being persecuted would make some mutants want to wear “normal” clothes from time to time if needed.

He even says when they DO wear their civilian clothes, they should match their costume color scheme (1. If they are cycling through costumes how can civilian clothes match someone’s color scheme, as their costumes are not all the same color? 2. Always wearing the same color scheme.. just sounds boring to me. I absolutely loved all the street clothes when xmen red started)

Also.. what exactly do “mutant clothes” look like and how do they differ from “human clothes”? So much confusion ...

AiPT!: So far we’ve seen the X-Men wearing classic costumes, updated costumes and completely new costumes. Did you make these fashion choices, or was it a group effort?

Jonathan: OK, so one of my big rules is that mutants wear mutant clothes and not human ones.

If you think about it, we have all of these amazing costumes that these characters have worn over the years, just a sea of them (and, sure, some are bad and we won’t be using them, but for the most part, the X-Line has had some of the best designs in the history of the medium). Also, in the story that we’re telling, it’s just completely logical that Storm would have a closet full of Storm costumes and not yoga pants and sweaters (but in the instance that she did really need to dress ‘civilian,’ then those civilian clothes should reflect her costume color scheme and immediately identify her as Storm–or, you know, be a fair compromise like the Quitely leather ‘mutant school’ look).
    Last edited by Grey; 05-21-2019 at 04:09 AM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Am I the only one who didn’t rally like hickman’s Philosophy on costumes? He basically said “it doesn’t make much sense for mutants to be wearing street clothes often- it makes more sense for them to just cycle through this costumes as that is their main wardrobe.”

I can swallow cycling through old costumes- but saying they shouldn’t really wear street clothes? What? If anything I’d think being persecuted would make some mutants want to wear “normal” clothes from time to time if needed.

He even says when they DO wear their civilian clothes, they should match their costume color scheme (1. If they are cycling through costumes how can civilian clothes match someone’s color scheme, as their costumes are not all the same color? 2. Always wearing the same color scheme.. just sounds boring to me. I absolutely loved all the street clothes when xmen red started)

Also.. what exactly do “mutant clothes” look like and how do they differ from “human clothes”? So much confusion ...
    Eh it's a weird concept for sure but I'm curious to see how it's executed. I think it hints at a HoM/AoXm situation where mutants are separated from humanity and allowed to grow and develop their own culture outside of the constant bigotry and fear of death.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Plus it just makes them more identifiable on the page.

Havok for example...out of costume he could wear that circle insignia on a tee-shirt and we'd know who he is instantly. Lorna would wear a particular shade of green. Storm - her lightning bolt/gold and black colour scheme. Jean - Red, etc. Emma already does it with her white ensembles.
    It's not absolutely necessary or that important really, but...it is an interesting concept that harkens back to the Morisson era.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-21-2019 at 08:22 AM.

What I loved about Red is that MA had Jean in street clothes, a lot

Fantastic Member

Hickman did say no human clothes for mutants. So the New X-Men get-up would be a no-no. Although, Jean's green skirt does look like human clothing, except for the mask, and its on all the HOX/POX previews, so am not so sure anymore. Lol. I would understand the skirt on the 60s, when Jean was not flying and just running. But now when she hovers, everything about her seems to be floating, her hair, etc. So a skirt might not be ideal now.
    Last edited by mike7171; 05-21-2019 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    Hickman did say no human clothes for mutants. So the New X-Men get-up would be a no-no. Although, Jean's green skirt does look like human clothing, except for the mask, and its on all the HOX/POX previews, so am not so sure anymore. Lol. I would understand the skirt on the 60s, when Jean was not flying and just running. But now when she hovers, everything about her seems to be floating, her hair, etc. So a skirt might not be ideal now.
    yeah, marvel girl costume doesn't make lot of sense. It is a dress.

magneto and cyclops are using different costumes, at least on the colors

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

the marvel girl costume in anything other than green would look atrocious

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    the marvel girl costume in anything other than green would look atrocious
    it is atrocious anyway. At least the mask could have been modified like Cyclops visor