Page 204 of 518 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254304 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 7763
  1. #3046
    Fantastic Member Maestro 216's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    Hickman did say no human clothes for mutants. So the New X-Men get-up would be a no-no. Although, Jean's green skirt does look like human clothing, except for the mask, and its on all the HOX/POX previews, so am not so sure anymore. Lol. I would understand the skirt on the 60s, when Jean was not flying and just running. But now when she hovers, everything about her seems to be floating, her hair, etc. So a skirt might not be ideal now.
    Kind of silly to say mutants can't wear normal outfits. It would make them stick out to racists and Sentinels

  2. #3047
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,982

    Default

    lol...so is this what is meant by AoX will have repercussions once the event is done. Jean decides to go back to her Marvel Girl costume bc she got a nostalgia high in that event?

  3. #3048
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Never mind.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-21-2019 at 01:19 PM.

  4. #3049
    Incredible Member MechaJeanix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What I loved about Red is that MA had Jean in street clothes, a lot
    I liked seeing Jean is street clothes in X-men Red as well.

    Though I think I get where Hickman is coming from. Mutants should have mutant names, and where mutant clothes. I loved in Morrison's run where he began to show us mutant subcultures. We didn't have enough of that before mutants became near extinct.

    I don't think mutant culture should be shown as superior to any other culture but I think it would be cool to examine various elements of mutant culture (the dress, the codenames, rituals, faith, etc.)

    If we see Jean in more than one costume I would like to see the X-factor uniforms and the X-men revolution uniform (I know its Phoenix but other than the boots it looked good).

    I am thinking we may see Jean in the yellow/green colors since Hickman did reference color schemes when talking about seeing X-men in street clothes.

  5. #3050
    Mighty Member nightw1ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,056

    Default

    Anyone think Hickman will give Jean a codename again? Chances are probably low, but he's really the only X-Men writer since Morrison who'd have the clout to do so. (Bendis might have if he had been to work with the adult version instead of teen Marvel Girl.)

  6. #3051
    Incredible Member Jean Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    704

    Default

    I really don't think any new codenames will stick to these decades old characters.

  7. #3052
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Anyone think Hickman will give Jean a codename again? Chances are probably low, but he's really the only X-Men writer since Morrison who'd have the clout to do so. (Bendis might have if he had been to work with the adult version instead of teen Marvel Girl.)
    I don't think she even needs a codename, she's been to the UN as Jean Grey in front of the TV! She needed a codename when she had a secret identity to protect, she no longer needs one.

  8. #3053
    Astonishing Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Anyone think Hickman will give Jean a codename again? Chances are probably low, but he's really the only X-Men writer since Morrison who'd have the clout to do so. (Bendis might have if he had been to work with the adult version instead of teen Marvel Girl.)
    I am not sure, but ONLY if it is terrific--no "Esper", "Psych", etc. There are problems too. I can't see anyone calling Jean a brand new code name. Not sure how I would feel really with a new name.

    To me, Jean will always be Phoenix.

  9. #3054
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    I don't think she even needs a codename, she's been to the UN as Jean Grey in front of the TV! She needed a codename when she had a secret identity to protect, she no longer needs one.
    Yeah codenames in general dont make sense in a modern era, especially not for Jean. Its Phoenix or none at all

  10. #3055
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah codenames in general dont make sense in a modern era, especially not for Jean. Its Phoenix or none at all
    For me too! Phoenix is the only one I would understand, if appropriate. Because when she's Phoenix she's not only Jean Grey, she's the Phoenix host. I think Marvel Girl or Marvel Woman would look too cheesy. In terms of costumes, I'd like them to revisit her wardrobe and improve it. Lots of costumes had good ideas you can improve on. I'm just not fan of shoulderpads and helmets or armor for her. She doesn't need it.

  11. #3056
    Astonishing Member Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I liked seeing Jean is street clothes in X-men Red as well.

    Though I think I get where Hickman is coming from. Mutants should have mutant names, and where mutant clothes. I loved in Morrison's run where he began to show us mutant subcultures. We didn't have enough of that before mutants became near extinct.

    I don't think mutant culture should be shown as superior to any other culture but I think it would be cool to examine various elements of mutant culture (the dress, the codenames, rituals, faith, etc.)

    If we see Jean in more than one costume I would like to see the X-factor uniforms and the X-men revolution uniform (I know its Phoenix but other than the boots it looked good).

    I am thinking we may see Jean in the yellow/green colors since Hickman did reference color schemes when talking about seeing X-men in street clothes.
    They should have the option** to use mutant names (and clothes and whatever else). Imo.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

  12. #3057
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    7,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    They should have the option** to use mutant names (and clothes and whatever else). Imo.
    I think Hickman was trolling. because this i sdumb as hell "mutants use only mutants clothes"

  13. #3058
    Incredible Member Force de Phenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    For me too! Phoenix is the only one I would understand, if appropriate. Because when she's Phoenix she's not only Jean Grey, she's the Phoenix host. I think Marvel Girl or Marvel Woman would look too cheesy. In terms of costumes, I'd like them to revisit her wardrobe and improve it. Lots of costumes had good ideas you can improve on. I'm just not fan of shoulderpads and helmets or armor for her. She doesn't need it.
    I like the sound of Marvel Woman to be honest. I think it makes sense for some still using their codenames because they got used to it, and everyone knows them as those names. I never got why Jean stopped using her name, but there is a panel where she explains her abandoning the labels and going as Jean Grey.

    She really doesn't need the armor. I think they gave her armor because Marvel's looking to benefit from 80's/90's nostalgia. As long as she doesn't wear what teen Jean wore she should be good.
    "You set off the Terrigen Bomb giving the world every excuse to fear the word Inhuman."

    "This is-- this is what Jean felt like..."

    "If you are a mutant, in this world, you are guilty until proven innocent."

  14. #3059
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I like the sound of Marvel Woman to be honest. .
    The only people that should be using Marvel in their codenames are related to Mar-vell directly or indirectly. So, only Carol and Kamala.

  15. #3060
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,112

    Default

    What does Kamala have to do with Mar-Vell and why would it be a problem for Jean to be in the Marvel family?

    "I'll always love you, Jean Grey." "I'll always love you too, Scott Summers." - Scott Summers and Jean Grey

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •