Page 209 of 626 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259309 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    A Chinese poster for the Dark Phoenix movie depicts Jean with a fenghuang, the Chinese version of a phoenix.

https://www.cbr.com/dark-phoenix-chinese-poster/

It reminds me of recently getting lost in Phoenix mythology (outside the X-Verse).

The "Feng Huang" is the Chinese Phoenix, known for rainbow colors, narrow wings and a majestic long tail. In Japanese, it is "Ho-Oh". Hence the Pokemon.

In Chinese and Japanese lore, the Four Guardians are Byakko, Seiryu, Genbu, and Suzaku. Suzaku directly means "Red Sparrow", however, in a different context it can also mean "Red Phoenix". The direct meaning behind Moltres is Suzaku... but uses the connotation for Sparrow, despite the fiery imagery and the rebirth mechanic featured in the series. Complicated further by Talonflame, which directly translates as Red Sparrow as well in its kanji.

So to sum things up, the Feng Huang is not a Western Phoenix as we know it. Just like how Chinese dragons and Western dragons look so different. The X-Verse Phoenix is closer to a Suzaku, with the flame motif and larger wing set.

LOL...X-Factor Jean got a booty

Jean's T3 and Red X-men Costume from Future Fight. Looks a bit odd she is using the Phoenix under that costume, but oh well! This only her first costume so I'm sure she will get more

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Grey View Post

Jean's T3 and Red X-men Costume from Future Fight. Looks a bit odd she is using the Phoenix under that costume, but oh well! This only her first costume so I'm sure she will get more
    That... Ultimate... is... FREAKING GODLIKE!!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOL...X-Factor Jean got a booty

Thank God for thick Jean LMAO

T3 abilities are designed so they can work with all the character looks, makes sense Jean is using Phoenix flames as it's her default.

Also, that animation is amazing, holy crap. I'm finishing with gathering the crystals to buy this uniform. I figured they would treat Jean like a mutant Thanos, so I have stuff saved up, thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Thank God for thick Jean LMAO

T3 abilities are designed so they can work with all the character looks, makes sense Jean is using Phoenix flames as it's her default.

Also, that animation is amazing, holy crap. I'm finishing with gathering the crystals to buy this uniform. I figured they would treat Jean like a mutant Thanos, so I have stuff saved up, thankfully.
    Do you have 1200 ccf saved up at the very least, i've been trying to get there for months just to T3 Wolverine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    Do you have 1200 ccf saved up at the very least, i've been trying to get there for months just to T3 Wolverine.
    900 CCF so far, but my drop rate seems to have been increased this past week, getting at least 30 everyday. By the time I'm done with leveling her up, I think the CCF will be less of an issue.

Yes take out the whole screen.
    First X-Lady

Costume looks good here

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    900 CCF so far, but my drop rate seems to have been increased this past week, getting at least 30 everyday. By the time I'm done with leveling her up, I think the CCF will be less of an issue.
    I'm strongly tempted to throw $30 down on the Tier-3 Bundle. I've been farming WBU for weeks, but don't have enough to T-3 anyone.

But to stay on-topic, the red costume looks pretty good with the raptor aura.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

X-men Red costume looks so good. It is an improvement over the 90's one but retains the charm of it. I love it.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

If Jean has stayed dead after the DPS would you guys/girls even be X-men fans?

I don't think i would. There are other characters i like on the X-books but not enough to follow them.
    what about you?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    If Jean has stayed dead after the DPS would you guys/girls even be X-men fans?

I don't think i would. There are other characters i like on the X-books but not enough to follow them.
    what about you?
    Dragging the discussion over from the other thread?

I became a fan of X-Men with the 90s animated series. There weren't a whole lot of comic book stories in my area growing up, and even fewer that survived the comics crash of the mid 90s. I liked how the animated series resolved the Phoenix Saga, even if it was kind of a cop out. So I imagine I still would have been a fan even if the DPS had resolved differently.

If Jean hadn't returned, she most likely wouldn't even have been on TAS and most X-Men adaptations like she has.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It's hard to predict how the X-Men mythos would be if Jean stayed dead but most likely I still would've been an X-Men fan.
    "Cable was right!"