Page 211 of 626 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261311 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 9381
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Retcon View Post
    I assume he’s gonna **** all over them.
    I guess the movie might be worth watching.
    Hickman didn't **** on the Richards' marriage. But I doubt he'll do anything only because of nostalgia or because they think Scott/Jean are the OTP or something like that.

Rather, I think that if he believes Scott/Jean being together will lead to better stories, he'll put them together; if he thinks Scott/Emma or Scott single or even with someone else will be best, he'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Hickman is 100% ignoring Jean and Bishop because, not only this run has been planned before Age of X-man, but the "romance" between the two of them was, according to JDW, a last minute thing because Jean "need more love interests" because Cyke, Logan and Angel weren't enough (of course, many suspect the real reason was because they wanted to be woke and put the black guy with the white lady).

Anyway, in the minis at least, I don't think Hickman will put a lot of focus on romance.
    I forgot Jordan admitted to switching the relationship plotline from Storm to Jean at the last minute, and Hickman's script was already in the works before this. Really makes you wonder how important that plotline could be if it was switched last minute. Hickman really likes Emma, so I hope Emma and Scott get together, but all the covers have Scott and Jean together.

Two months ago someone here said that Lonnie and Zac said it was permanent though. Would like to see their comments again.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I forgot Jordan admitted to switching the relationship plotline from Storm to Jean at the last minute, and Hickman's script was already in the works before this. Really makes you wonder how important that plotline could be if it was switched last minute. Hickman really likes Emma, so I hope Emma and Scott get together, but all the covers have Scott and Jean together.

Two months ago someone here said that Lonnie and Zac said it was permanent though. Would like to see their comments again.
    They didn't said it was permanent, just that it might stick around. I think they wanted people to buy AOX books

yeah Hickman is a Emma stan, I owuldn't doubt about scemma getting back together

BANNED

Zac Thompson was just trying to pat himself on the shoulder. The guy claimed to be a Jott fan, wrote Cable,then came up with the most nonsensical Ship so he could be viewed as “progressive”

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I'd argue that if she never returned until today that she would do the same exact thing as she did in X-Men Red and X-Factor with an added redemption tour but that the MU would be a much worse place. And, well, presuming that everything happened the exact same then it's entirely possible or likely that Magneto would have destroyed the world in Planet X.

Alternatively: Madelyne Pryor becomes a hero and effectively supplants Jean in history.
    I don't think Maddie could totally replace Jean. Maddie is no phoenix or O5. Jean's shadow would have forever define her.

Zac Thompson was just trying to pat himself on the shoulder. The guy claimed to be a Jott fan, wrote Cable,then came up with the most nonsensical Ship so he could be viewed as “progressive”
    JDW explain that the relationship was because Jean never had any other relationship besides Scott.

fans: it is because is progressive.

interracial marriage is allowed in USA for decades

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    They didn't said it was permanent, just that it might stick around. I think they wanted people to buy AOX books

yeah Hickman is a Emma stan, I owuldn't doubt about scemma getting back together
    Lol, guess he was being a salesman? I've bought them all anyway, so I guess it worked, although Jean wasn't brought up in a single issue of Prisoner X and she faded from Marvelous until last issue, which had a really weak Jott moment, despite a full cover with them. Hah.

And I love that Hickman is an Emma fan. Last week was gushing! I like her a lot, too. I'd love them back together, but the previews and covers seem to have Jean and Scott back together, not to mention Jordan said that Jean is Scott's forever choice over Emma and he's the editor, so, which is fine, too. I like them as well since they're a status quo couple, like Mary Jane and Spider-Man & Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman.

Is that how you view it? I think some people agree with you, but Jordan's insight on that made it seem like they all decided to change it to Jean for funsies.

I wouldn't put that much stock on covers, even because, of course, it's possible that Scott & Jean are working together, but are not a couple- this will likely be the case at least in the minis. Plus, Emma and Magneto have an X in their uniforms, which probably indicates they are working with the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't think Maddie could totally replace Jean. Maddie is no phoenix or O5. Jean's shadow would have forever define her.
    And that's exactly why that relationship was always a horrible idea. Claremont and other writers complained about Shooter, but I can't imagine a modern editor allowing some non-sense like this:
    "Guy who grew up in orphanage finds out his grandparents are alive, well, and wealthy, so they could have raised him just fine, so he goes to meet them without asking if there was something wrong with it; when he gets there, he meets a girl that looks like a clone of his dead love, and who's also amnesiac; 5 issues after they are first shown to be on a date, they get married, and none of the X-men sees anything wrong with that".

The only way the whole Maddie bussines could have been somewhat redeemed is if Maddie was Jean reincarnation. It would also made the cocoon retcon unecessay.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

So...uh, what can we talk about that actually focuses on Jean?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Seems inevitable that topics about Jean go back to Madelyne, or Scott, or Emma, or possible relationships; it happens in the other threads too, and of course I'm not a moderator, but I don't see the big deal.

Thank you, you get the purspose of this thread!

_________61201443_2270236763067590_7501985424206725120_n.jpg
    __________c8f0232b41006b83e1bf394a26aa0b83.jpg52863954_2207098579502162_631913526033645568_n.jpg
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 05-28-2019 at 04:54 PM.

Jean's relationship with Scott is a pretty big part of Jean's character though.

BANNED

Yes it is. They are the defining part of each other.
    There’s a movie coming out next week. I thought Jean fans would be more excited. I guess you guys must have read those pesky ol spoilers.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

That's fine, it just seems that the conversations sometimes head into a ,well, bad direction.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia