Page 213 of 626 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 9381
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    So with her new costume in FF, her Phoenix skills are replaced by TK Skills (which means my Fire Damage equipment is useless ), with the exception of her Ultimate, which has been shown.
    I was going to ask if you gave the uni a test run. I was so sure I was going to bust Maw's ass with awesome mind damage and Netmarble was like "SIKE DUDE ENJOY THIS ENERGY DAMAGE LMAO". But it does give her quite the boost and the skills are cool as hell, so there's that.

I’m new to all this Marvel Future Fight game. I thought that by purchasing crystals that I would have been able to simply play as her but apparently I have to “recruit” her. Can anyone tell me how to? Thanx in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Heart View Post
    I’m new to all this Marvel Future Fight game. I thought that by purchasing crystals that I would have been able to simply play as her but apparently I have to “recruit” her. Can anyone tell me how to? Thanx in advance.
    chck out posts 3107 and 3108

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    There's a lot of things I can say I didn't like in New X-Men, but a lot of things I did like, so I consider it a good run. I do like Jott, I like them individually, and the same goes for Scemma, so I liked how he introduced Emma into their lives in such a crappy way. I still think that seen where Jean whoops her ass and leaves her in the room on the floor crying, with only Logan there to comfort her is sweet. Pretty fitting Wolverine stays with her 'cause he's the only one who understands what it's like to love someone who can't love you back—coincidentally the people they love are in love with each other.

That's the thing though, that run and lots of others had a lot of soap, and I get people are tired of it, so everything in moderation I suppose.

I think he'll be fair to Jean, I think he'll be fair to everyone. Really, I think it's impossible for him to under-utilize such an important character for the X-Men.
    I don't really have many expectation. I think I can only trust JDW to keep Hickman on track

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I don't really have many expectation. I think I can only trust JDW to keep Hickman on track
    Personally, I think he has to be my least favorite X-editor.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I was going to ask if you gave the uni a test run. I was so sure I was going to bust Maw's ass with awesome mind damage and Netmarble was like "SIKE DUDE ENJOY THIS ENERGY DAMAGE LMAO". But it does give her quite the boost and the skills are cool as hell, so there's that.
    You might have seen it already, but they hotfixed a couple of her skills as having mind damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Heart View Post
    Jean is one of the hardest characters to get especially if you're starting out... You need to do the Rise of the X-Men epic quest and get all of the X-Men there to tier 2, including Magneto that you need to buy with crystals on his pack.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Personally, I think he has to be my least favorite X-editor.
    He is one of the best. Even if you don't agree with his opinion, he let's writers do their thing even if is not what he likes.
    I don't think writers like Hickman should write for the characters that they stan, I think I can trust JDW to check a bit on him.

I'm neutral to positive about JDW. He sounds like a cool guy most of the time, though sometimes he annoys me. I don't think he has any strong feelings about Jean anyway...

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

JDW seems to let writers pitch stuff it wouldn't fit with his preferences, which is the most important thing. The problem is that his views about the X-men seem too black and white and influenced by nostalgia to work- he seems the type of editor that would prefer much more something like X-men: Gold than anything that pushes the envelope, an illusion of change type of guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    JDW seems to let writers pitch stuff it wouldn't fit with his preferences, which is the most important thing. The problem is that his views about the X-men seem too black and white and influenced by nostalgia to work- he seems the type of editor that would prefer much more something like X-men: Gold than anything that pushes the envelope, an illusion of change type of guy.
    He has his personal view of the X-men but he doesnt let that dictate the line or micromanage the writers. I generally like him but thus far his stint has been lackluster as its been filler till Hickman arrives. I wish he had never greenlit AoX (or at least executed it differently) and found a way to make the line feel meaningful in the 8 months leading into Hickman

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He has his personal view of the X-men but he doesnt let that dictate the line or micromanage the writers. I generally like him but thus far his stint has been lackluster as its been filler till Hickman arrives. I wish he had never greenlit AoX (or at least executed it differently) and found a way to make the line feel meaningful in the 8 months leading into Hickman
    You know what, I think you nailed my issues with him. He hasn't done much, and what he has done has been lackluster and I don't know if its completely his fault. Yeah, he might not micromanage, but man I wish he never greenlit Disassembled or AoX.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Agreed, he doesn’t seem to be the kind of editor to micromanage the line, but his views are very fixed on certain things like that some characters are protagonists who can do bad things, but it’s an aberration for a story line and some characters are antagonists who can do good things on occasion, but were born bad.

His views align to how the all important MCU sees things. Heck, on some level I agree with thinking for certain characters too ideologically fixed as in the Red Skull or Apocalypse or whose base mentality is too sociopathic or psychopathic are at their core bad.

But, I think he denies a middle ground of people who might be somewhat paranoid, might view violence more of an acceptable tool of accomplishing one’s objectives then others, but aren’t fundamentally bad people. Those who deny a middle ground also often do not see that some characters like Wolverine they think are straight up heroes are in that middle ground they deny exists.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

He has his personal view of the X-men but he doesnt let that dictate the line or micromanage the writers.
    This is the most important, but my problem is what happens if a big name like Hickman leaves and arrives someone with less clout. If Rosenberg's UXM is any indication, I doubt it will be any good.

H
    I generally like him but thus far his stint has been lackluster as its been filler till Hickman arrives. I wish he had never greenlit AoX (or at least executed it differently) and found a way to make the line feel meaningful in the 8 months leading into Hickman
    Seems to me they panicked because they didn't know how to fit with what Hickman was planning and said "Heh, screw that, let's send them all to an alternate reality that will just be ignored". Of course, we haven't seen HoX/PoX yet, but I can't imagine what would be that different that they couldn't do anything with the characters. Hickman said he only gave some pointers on what will happen, but I can't imagine him being too intrusive, just maybe saying stuff like "Don't put Scott & Jean back together" or "Don't use Xavier".

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Agreed, he doesn’t seem to be the kind of editor to micromanage the line, but his views are very fixed on certain things like that some characters are protagonists who can do bad things, but it’s an aberration for a story line and some characters are antagonists who can do good things on occasion, but were born bad.

His views align to how the all important MCU sees things. Heck, on some level I agree with thinking for certain characters too ideologically fixed as in the Red Skull or Apocalypse or whose base mentality is too sociopathic or psychopathic are at their core bad.

But, I think he denies a middle ground of people who might be somewhat paranoid, might view violence more of an acceptable tool of accomplishing one’s objectives then others, but aren’t fundamentally bad people. Those who deny a middle ground also often do not see that some characters like Wolverine they think are straight up heroes are in that middle ground they deny exists.
    Even the MCU has villains like Loki, who has done bad things, but walks the line, or Killmonger, who broke bad, but had understandable motivations. Plus, Tony has done his share of bad stuff.
    Last edited by Omega Alpha; 05-29-2019 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    You might have seen it already, but they hotfixed a couple of her skills as having mind damage.

Jean is one of the hardest characters to get especially if you're starting out... You need to do the Rise of the X-Men epic quest and get all of the X-Men there to tier 2, including Magneto that you need to buy with crystals on his pack.
    I hope that's not the case. Cull Obsidian is enough of an asshole as it is. My Emma Frost is my strongest character (naturally), but he severely resists mind damage. I need those Energy Titan Records damnit.

But to stay OT: Her new skill set is odd. It's about comboing her 3 into her 1, 4, and 5. I kinda miss the easy mode "Press 5, Press 3, watch opponent combust" of her Phoenix costume.

So, when do Pox abd Hox start? Is Uncanny on hiatus until they finish? Ive not got any recent AU stuff, but am assuming its leading into Hoxy Poxy?