Page 221 of 626 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271321 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    If Jean Grey has a big LGBT following how come I find little to no mention of her the "LGBT+ Marvel Characters Discussion" thread?
    She’s not LGBT, or an outspoken ally for that matter.

That doesn’t mean many Lgbt don’t find something relatable about her.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

She's a diva. It's diva worship. Not about being lgbt or ally-ship.

For those of you who play Future Fight, and want that sweet SWEET Tier-3 Jean, the Dark Phoenix movie event is giving out some impressive rewards towards that. At least we're getting something positive out of that movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    For those of you who play Future Fight, and want that sweet SWEET Tier-3 Jean, the Dark Phoenix movie event is giving out some impressive rewards towards that. At least we're getting something positive out of that movie.
    Unlocked her potential today but due to the stupid cap on feathers, it'll take some days to actually get her to level 70. But at least I have enough bios to feed her.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Unlocked her potential today but due to the stupid cap on feathers, it'll take some days to actually get her to level 70. But at least I have enough bios to feed her.
    The event is giving out 200 CCFs, which goes a LONG way towards that 1100 requirement. You're lucky potential wise. I'm chilling at a cool 36%, and I'm not the only one if the forums are any indicator.

I am impressed by her though. She dunked movie Spider-Man and movie Doc Strange in PvP. I've only seen her lose once, and that was to a Tier-3 Thanos with Costume.

BANNED

The event is giving out 200 CCFs, which goes a LONG way towards that 1100 requirement. You're lucky potential wise. I'm chilling at a cool 36%, and I'm not the only one if the forums are any indicator.

I am impressed by her though. She dunked movie Spider-Man and movie Doc Strange in PvP. I've only seen her lose once, and that was to a Tier-3 Thanos with Costume.
    You have no idea, the potential bar jumped from 52.4 to 100 after I killed Cull Obsidian, I could barely believe it. Got her to lv 64 with all equipments on 22 already and she's even more unbelievable. The damage output and how many hits she can take is just insane. Slammed IW Spidey before he could take half of her HP. Story mode and Alliance Battle are a breeze. I'm dying to test her on ABX because, for a veteran, my score is very average, I barely get 200k on the days I have the designated chars.

Ive been heavily into FF the past week and bought Jean's Red costume despite not owning her. Ive been stuckk at the quest which requires a ranked up Rogue but I'll unlock her tomorrow so I can proceed. Sadly I dont think I'll get Jean by the time this event is over

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Ive been heavily into FF the past week and bought Jean's Red costume despite not owning her. Ive been stuckk at the quest which requires a ranked up Rogue but I'll unlock her tomorrow so I can proceed. Sadly I dont think I'll get Jean by the time this event is over
    Still get the rewards. If nothing else, the 300 X-Gene purchase will make getting one of the characters to Tier-2 much easier. Getting Storm, Cyclops, and Rogue to Tier-2 just takes forever.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    You have no idea, the potential bar jumped from 52.4 to 100 after I killed Cull Obsidian, I could barely believe it. Got her to lv 64 with all equipments on 22 already and she's even more unbelievable. The damage output and how many hits she can take is just insane. Slammed IW Spidey before he could take half of her HP. Story mode and Alliance Battle are a breeze. I'm dying to test her on ABX because, for a veteran, my score is very average, I barely get 200k on the days I have the designated chars.
    Man, I did Ebony Maw Ultimate 9 and only got 6%. The RNG struggle is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I reckon by the time you've gotten Rogue, Beast, Storm, Cyclops, Magneto to T2 and Jean around 60 you might have enough CCF to T3 her, considering you get at least 10 a day because you'll need around 1600 i think.

But by then she might not be the best anymore, looking at the bright side she's more likely to get another uni when compared to Thanos who was pretty much riding off movies for his unis, i honestly don't see him getting anything this year and possibly the next. Ultron and Loki are terrible now.
    Last edited by Mr Abductor; 06-04-2019 at 05:03 PM.

BANNED

Man, I did Ebony Maw Ultimate 9 and only got 6%. The RNG struggle is real.
    One of the reasons I was most surprised was because it took me, I kid you not, 16 days to unlock Logan's potential. I was afraid my inventory would reach the limit due to how many bios I was gathering for Jean now, but I got lucky with her and Storm at the same time. I was using her on Ultimate Maw 10 since he doesn't have time cut, and was moving at a snail's pace. Now I found some peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MaddieGrey View Post
    She's a diva. It's diva worship. Not about being lgbt or ally-ship.
    She made Iceman gay. That's as outspoken allyship as it can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    If Jean Grey has a big LGBT following how come I find little to no mention of her the "LGBT+ Marvel Characters Discussion" thread?
    I think it is hilarious how you are trying to debate something that many of us were aware of for many years. I don't know if I should be horrified or proud of this fact but every guy that I've dated favorite X-man was also Jean Grey.
    Again, for anecdotal evidence you can look no further than this forum and this thread, or the old Jean Grey Message board or the old Wizard World forums, and x-fan/comics fan or the numerous X-men related facebook groups. There has always been an online LGBT fanbase for this character (again same with Rachel and probably same with a few other strong female characters in the X-universe).

Speaking of X-men Monday questions I did submit one and yes I asked about codenames (so did at least one other person). There were many questions about Scott and Emma. There were a few about Teen Jean. There was a lot of questions about Jean's connection to the Phoenix. These always make me nervous because the editor might reply with some wild and outlandish explanation that will further complicate our debates/discussions lol

I am excited to see X-men Dark Phoenix. I will be traveling for work the next few days, but I still hope to see it Thursday night (if possible).

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

and nobody asked about Jean's death, with all the debate these days i thought someone was going to touch that subject.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    and nobody asked about Jean's death, with all the debate these days i thought someone was going to touch that subject.
    It is surprising it hasn't come up yet. I think all of her deaths, near deaths and "deaths' make Phoenix the perfect codename for her, but I can see it being problematic too because of what they've done to their connection. Jean being in current character would probably want something new.

Jean's major themes are her powers, her relationships, and the Phoenix. I wonder what would constitute new territory for her character. What would you like to see?