Page 225 of 626 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275325 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Dark Phoenix was bad
    You saw the movie?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    You saw the movie?
    Yes and I didn't like it, it felt boring but that is just me. Maybe you will like it.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 06-06-2019 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yes and I didn't like it, it felt boring but that is just me. Maybe you will like it.
    Thanks.

I will see it soon.

Awwww, I miss that game. Its the game Ive played the most ever in my life and my favorite Marvel one. Very underrated

I saw the movie tonight, and I liked it. It was a Jean Grey story. I felt for her character. The identity of Jessica Chastain's character was interesting. I'm not sure what else to say other than I will be seeing it again.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

i liked the movie. haters gonna hate
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

I posted this in the movie thread...

I liked it. It was a Jean Grey movie. Sure, it wasn't perfect and was rushed. Felt a bit short and I wanted more. There were some scenes and several parts of dialogue that were in the trailers, but were not in the film.

It has more elements from the the comic and cartoon versions of the story than The Last Stand did such as spoilers:
    shuttle incident, cosmic force, D'Bari
    end of spoilers.

Also I want to point out that Jean's origin in the comics was introduced shortly after Jean died in the Dark Phoenix Saga in Bizarre Adventures 27 in a backstory written by Chris Claremont. It is also a Phoenix story as it is a flashback tale. Also in the original DPS when Xavier and Dark Phoenix fight they mention how Xavier had put blocks in her mind and this is actually shown and explained in the BA 27 story. So it makes sense that they adapted Jean's origin story in X3:TLS and in DP.

Of course, Jean also visits her childhood home in the original comic story as well.

Yes, it would be nice to have the M'Kraan Crystal, the Shiar, and the Hellfire Club, but that would take several movies to do the Phoenix story and the Dark Phoenix Saga justice. At least this movie focused on Jean and her struggles unlike X3. We had more Scott/Jean interaction than previous movies. Jean and Xavier interacted with each other more here than TLS. Jean actually speaks in this film instead of standing silently like half of TLS. She also uses telepathy as well as tk unlike TLS where her tp is mostly ignored.

The way the force was described was influenced by Claremont's and Morrison's take spoilers:
    they actually say one of Claremont's typical lines-- the spark that ignited life and the flame that will consume it or something to that effect. The force was described as having a dual nature, destructive but also able to heal/create. Jean is described as special and as having a destiny with this force. She sorta transcends like she did at the end of Morrison's run.
    end of spoilers

I also add that Jessica Chastain's character actually is from the comics and this character has fought Jean and Rachel in the comics. But also an obscure character who has only appeared a handful of times.
    Last edited by PhoenixStudies; 06-06-2019 at 10:05 PM.

There’s already rumors floating around reddit that the x-men will enter the MCU around 2025 and will feature the O5 team first. How do people hear these thing???
    First X-Lady

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    There’s already rumors floating around reddit that the x-men will enter the MCU around 2025 and will feature the O5 team first. How do people hear these thing???
    It's purely made up.

Incredible Member

Pure speculations. That said, the O5 is a great way to begin, for me.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Pure speculations. That said, the O5 is a great way to begin, for me.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they started with the 05 with a few additions- Storm most notably, perhaps Kitty.

I hope they keep Logan apart from the X-men and just have solo movies.

Hey y’all!

I won’t share spoilers but I LOVED dark Phoenix and I’m not going to defend my opinion against anything factually inaccurate. It had its shortcomings and like any movie is fair to be critiqued. But a lot of the supposed negatives about the movie that people have pointed out online are simply false or misinformed (I.e, they aren’t familiar with source material or they simply are so determined to dislike it that they view things falsely).

I hope you enjoy it.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

I doubt its going to take 6 years to see them

I also read the Phoenix color for DP was changed to more purple-ish because they want the orange fiery one for the MCU.
    First X-Lady