Page 226 of 626 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236276326 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 9381
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

It is to early to think of anything Disney's X-men. I don't think they have anything sure yet.
    And thanks to Dark Phoenix who knows if Jean is even on their plans.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It is to early to think of anything Disney's X-men. I don't think they have anything sure yet.
    <sigh> maybe they will choose to do a TV series, although doing the X-Men justice would have pretty high production values and a bigger cast than most shows. I guess the only option is a new animated series and potential future movies.

I really think that the first new X-movie done in the MCU should start out with Jean, Storm, and Scott rebuilding the X-Men after a tragedy. They should let Charles, Magneto, and Logan rest for a bit before re-introducing them and use Jean, Storm, and Scott as the central characters. You could show flashbacks of a big battle that resulted in Xavier and Magneto going missing and Jean, Storm, and Scott are trying to rebuild after the fact. I feel that would be a good starting place to move forward from.

I expect Logan is going to get re-introduced before any other character even though I really think they should give his character a rest for a bit and think it through carefully. I think it's better to focus on the other X-characters and let them shine before bringing in people like Xavier, Magneto, and Logan.

To introduce Emma, they could go sort of the route that the X-Men Anime did, and have her already leaving the Hellfire Club before the movie and she is working as a teacher. You could have them all run into each other trying to help the same student and go from there. This way Emma would be able to start out in the first movie as a member of the X-Men too, without having to rehash years of history.

It's the same reason I want Jean, Scott, Storm, and Emma in their late 20's. We have seen all the teenager stuff and it's old already. Grow all the characters up to about their comic character ages and just treat the previous history as flashbacks instead of rehashing all of it. Heck they could even do the Dark Phoenix event in flashbacks where they just mention that it happened.

Generally I feel it's time to leave Logan, Charles, and Erik out for a bit so that the other characters can be focussed on. Jean, Scott, and Storm have such a rich history as characters that I feel they can easily carry a movie without Magneto, Charles, and Logan.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

But we HAVEN'T seen all the teenage stuff, they were only teenagers in one movie in which they barely had screen time. Start with them in their late 20's was exactly what the original movies did and in Dark Phoenix now they are in their late 20's again.

And, most importantly, it raises the question of what the hell were the X-men doing against Thanos, Loki, Ultron, etc, or why no one saw mutants before.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    But we HAVEN'T seen all the teenage stuff, they were only teenagers in one movie in which they barely had screen time. Start with them in their late 20's was exactly what the original movies did and in Dark Phoenix now they are in their late 20's again.

And, most importantly, it raises the question of what the hell were the X-men doing against Thanos, Loki, Ultron, etc, or why no one saw mutants before.
    I imagine they are going to start the X-Men from an alternate universe or have some kind of event that alters reality. Right now the MCU history makes it hard to introduce mutants, but they can use the multi-verse option they are using in Spider Man Far From Home.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I imagine they are going to start the X-Men from an alternate universe or have some kind of event that alters reality. Right now the MCU history makes it hard to introduce mutants, but they can use the multi-verse option they are using in Spider Man Far From Home.
    Nah, it's easy- there were always mutants, but only a few, but now they are rising. Can even tie in to Endgame- maybe it begun to rise because of Thanos actions indirectly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    <sigh> maybe they will choose to do a TV series, although doing the X-Men justice would have pretty high production values and a bigger cast than most shows. I guess the only option is a new animated series and potential future movies.

I really think that the first new X-movie done in the MCU should start out with Jean, Storm, and Scott rebuilding the X-Men after a tragedy. They should let Charles, Magneto, and Logan rest for a bit before re-introducing them and use Jean, Storm, and Scott as the central characters. You could show flashbacks of a big battle that resulted in Xavier and Magneto going missing and Jean, Storm, and Scott are trying to rebuild after the fact. I feel that would be a good starting place to move forward from.

I expect Logan is going to get re-introduced before any other character even though I really think they should give his character a rest for a bit and think it through carefully. I think it's better to focus on the other X-characters and let them shine before bringing in people like Xavier, Magneto, and Logan.

To introduce Emma, they could go sort of the route that the X-Men Anime did, and have her already leaving the Hellfire Club before the movie and she is working as a teacher. You could have them all run into each other trying to help the same student and go from there. This way Emma would be able to start out in the first movie as a member of the X-Men too, without having to rehash years of history.

It's the same reason I want Jean, Scott, Storm, and Emma in their late 20's. We have seen all the teenager stuff and it's old already. Grow all the characters up to about their comic character ages and just treat the previous history as flashbacks instead of rehashing all of it. Heck they could even do the Dark Phoenix event in flashbacks where they just mention that it happened.

Generally I feel it's time to leave Logan, Charles, and Erik out for a bit so that the other characters can be focussed on. Jean, Scott, and Storm have such a rich history as characters that I feel they can easily carry a movie without Magneto, Charles, and Logan.
    Some of the XMen could be introduced in other films. Magik could be introduced in Dr. Strange 2. Rogue could be introduced in Captain Marvel 2.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Some of the XMen could be introduced in other films. Magik could be introduced in Dr. Strange 2. Rogue could be introduced in Captain Marvel 2.
    OMG, I would love Magik to be introduced through Dr Strange. That would be great if in his last movie they have him turn over the mantle of Sorcerer Supreme to Magik.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

With all the reception going around Dark Phoenix, I'm worried that Jean won't show up in the MCU as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    With all the reception going around Dark Phoenix, I'm worried that Jean won't show up in the MCU as well.
    With the iconic imagery of both the comics and the 90s series, I would be shocked if the MCU version doesn't have Jean, Scott, Hank, Logan, Kitty, and Ororo.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Like, about Dark Phoenix though:

spoilers:
    Say what you will about it and it may be bad, I don't know, but from everything that I'm reading everything about Jean's status at the end of the movie is a marked improvement over both the actual Dark Phoenix Saga and X3. Jean is alive, she is a hero, and the Phoenix goes off into space to find her place in the universe. It allows Jean to A: be alive and B: establish herself as a cosmic hero as necessary. It's something that, if done in the comics, would've been a game changer and probably more akin to what Claremont would have done if Byrne and Shooter wouldn't have intervened in the first place.
    end of spoilers

That said I think that if the reaction to Dark Phoenix does anything to MCU's take on Jean it won't be to not use her, it'll be to use her as Jean and not as Phoenix. Jean is still one of the four most popular core X-Men, she still had a critically acclaimed return and run that followed that, she's still one of the most famous characters in comics. I don't think that there is anything that we have to worry about when the X-Men come to the MCU.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    More like a #3, since the second parts of those should be released soon. And I think it's unlikely both characters will be in the first X-men film, specially Illyana (though I would like if she would).

Also, if they really are going to do a Ms. Marvel movie, like it's rumored, then it would be a good place to introduce good ol' Slim Summers, perhaps even without his powers yet. Nightcrawler could also be in Cap. Marvel 3 with Mystique and Rogue.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    The critical resemblance may be bad but I’m not seeing that with the audience reception. Looked on Twitter to see how people were reacting and in general people since to enjoy it as an serviceable action movie.

I’ve seen the movie and I saw it without knowing what it’s critical reception was. It doesn’t suck on a technical level(acting, effects, action) and never drags for too long. So it keeps audience interested and entertained enough. The problem is that the story is rushed is rushed and the film is too short.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    The critical resemblance may be bad but I’m not seeing that with the audience reception. Looked on Twitter to see how people were reacting and in general people since to enjoy it as an serviceable action movie.

I’ve seen the movie and I saw it without knowing what it’s critical reception was. It doesn’t suck on a technical level(acting, effects, action) and never drags for too long. So it keeps audience interested and entertained enough. The problem is that the story is rushed is rushed and the film is too short.
    The problem to me is not Dark Phoenix being good or bad but that Jean having the focus could have tired Disney.
    They like to do their own thing.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

The problem to me is not Dark Phoenix being good or bad but that Jean having the focus could have tired Disney.
    They like to do their own thing.
    The person I was replying to explicitly mentions its reception.

Hello, I read x-men red and i liked it. Well, relatively. For me, Jean's return was perhaps the best x-news of the last few years.
    But what about the age of x man, is that where she is now, right? Is it worth reading the books, or should i wait for Hickman?