Page 227 of 626 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277327 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 9381
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoeZ View Post
    Hello, I read x-men red and i liked it. Well, relatively. For me, Jean's return was perhaps the best x-news of the last few years.
    But what about the age of x man, is that where she is now, right? Is it worth reading the books, or should i wait for Hickman?
    As I said in the other thread, I recommend waiting for Hickman.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeZ View Post
    Hello, I read x-men red and i liked it. Well, relatively. For me, Jean's return was perhaps the best x-news of the last few years.
    But what about the age of x man, is that where she is now, right? Is it worth reading the books, or should i wait for Hickman?
    Hickman is so close. I'd wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Hey y’all!

I won’t share spoilers but I LOVED dark Phoenix and I’m not going to defend my opinion against anything factually inaccurate. It had its shortcomings and like any movie is fair to be critiqued. But a lot of the supposed negatives about the movie that people have pointed out online are simply false or misinformed (I.e, they aren’t familiar with source material or they simply are so determined to dislike it that they view things falsely).

I hope you enjoy it.
    Hey!

Thanks for posting this info.

I won't be able to see it till next week. I was afraid all the negatives were true. Now I can be excited until I have seen it for myself. I look forward to enjoy it!

It is sad to see so many negative comments about the movie. You know it is bad when a lot of Jean fans are hating on it. Still, I enjoyed it for what it was. I try to judge the fox movies as they are and not what they could be. It is hard though, because I want to see Jean be as badass as Wanda gets to be in the Avengers movies.

I was telling a coworker that the movie still had the emotional arc for Jean Grey and that there were good moments with Jean, Xavier and Magneto. My co-worker informed me later that he hated the movie and found Xavier, Jean, and Cyclops to be highly annoying. He only liked Magneto.

I guess I'm such a Jean fan that just seeing her on the screen and viewing her story was enough for me. I felt for her. It surprises me when others say they did not feel any emotional connection to her or any of the other characters. Jean didn't ask for what happened to her. She didn't' ask to be betrayed by the people she cared about. She didn't mean to hurt people, but yet she does. I felt for her and I was glad that she ended with a heroic moment.

I was surprised the Jott folks or the Cyclops folks did not enjoy it since Scott and Jean were actually lovers in the film. Scott had a good role imo, though the story was not his. This was a story about Jean Grey. I appreciate that, even though I realize the movie could have been a lot more if it was done by Disney/marvel.

Just saw it. I enjoyed it. I’ve waited so long to see Jean fly and Sophie was gorgeous. I think she did a great job. I felt her Jean.

I also enjoyed it, would give it 6.5 or 7 out of ten

I think if the MCU does use Jean in the first movie don't hint at her getting the Phoenix. In fact, the vessel of Phoenix being some other telepath would certainly make her feel fresh compared to what happens with Fox Jean.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-dark-phoen...cters-gallery/

Phoenix vs ...........................................

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I think if the MCU does use Jean in the first movie don't hint at her getting the Phoenix. In fact, the vessel of Phoenix being some other telepath would certainly make her feel fresh compared to what happens with Fox Jean.
    ...Why would you ever give the Phoenix to something else if the whole problem is that FOX has been using the Phoenix too much? That's just dumb. The Phoenix being used by someone else won't help Jean in any way. Just do Jean without the Phoenix and no Phoenix Force at all in this universe.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    ...Why would you ever give the Phoenix to something else if the whole problem is that FOX has been using the Phoenix too much? That's just dumb. The Phoenix being used by someone else won't help Jean in any way. Just do Jean without the Phoenix and no Phoenix Force at all in this universe.
    I just don't think they'll touch the DPS for at least 10-13 years at this point. I don't see them having Jean Grey in the MCU and NOT using her most iconic storyline. The earliest I see them revisiting the DPS is 2030 or 2031 which definitely which would definitely be far enough removed from this train wreck. All in all it really just depends on what Feige wants to do with the X-Men and who the focus is gonna be on.

BANNED

The move was great and well done. It was not a retelling of the Dark Phoenix saga in the comics. At this point I think MCU will not do a Dark Phoenix movie ever. I think together X3 and XMen Dark Phoenix hace killed that as a possibility. I do think the MCU will use Phoenix/Jean as a hero and this movie left the door wide open for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Because it could go to Rachel? That other person known girl being Phoenix? It would at least not be Jean goes nuts again.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-dark-phoen...cters-gallery/

Phoenix vs ...........................................
    That last one with the big lebowski is just perfect.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Because it could go to Rachel? That other person known girl being Phoenix? It would at least not be Jean goes nuts again.
    Rachel cannot stop herself from repeatedly being turned into a hound and mind controlled and enslaved. She’s hardly a choice.

But I think Dark Phoenix stories are dead. Jean is the most recognizable character and we’re sure to see Jean as Phoenix in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Rachel cannot stop herself from repeatedly being turned into a hound and mind controlled and enslaved. She’s hardly a choice.

But I think Dark Phoenix stories are dead. Jean is the most recognizable character and we’re sure to see Jean as Phoenix in the MCU.
    That's comic writers who can't do anything creative. The MCU isn't that creativity empty for Rachel.