Page 228 of 626 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278328 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Because it could go to Rachel? That other person known girl being Phoenix? It would at least not be Jean goes nuts again.
    I wouldn't count on Rachel being on the MCU. Maybe if Jean is there from the start and after the ~first generation~ is over, they bring her. But in the comics Rachel's connection to the Phoenix even comes from Jean. Idk, I think it's just better to not do Phoenix at all.

Marketing wise, I think the MCU should include Jean as Phoenix. The raptor has such a distinct look, and the fiery power signature would set her apart from Wanda's red smoke and Carol's super Saiyan light. It also provides better opportunities for merchandising. They should just ignore Dark Phoenix entirely and keep her power levels away from godlike. No more disintegrating everything.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Marketing wise, I think the MCU should include Jean as Phoenix. The raptor has such a distinct look, and the fiery power signature would set her apart from Wanda's red smoke and Carol's super Saiyan light. It also provides better opportunities for merchandising. They should just ignore Dark Phoenix entirely and keep her power levels away from godlike. No more disintegrating everything.
    Yes, this is how I feel also.

Jean is Phoenix and will the stories always seem to go there. Just keep her as the green good Phoenix, stay away from DP and the original DP storyline. Create new stories with Jean as Phoenix.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

The MCU suceeded in part because most of their characters weren't that well known, everything and everybody was practically new to the general public.
    The general public has a bizarre and incomplete concept of Jean but they have one. After trying and failing two times to do Jean and the DPS, i don't think Disney would want to touch Jean for a long time if ever.
    I hope i'm wrong and it sucks but sometimes is better to be pessimist

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    The MCU suceeded in part because most of their characters weren't that well known, everything and everybody was practically new to the general public.
    The general public has a bizarre and incomplete concept of Jean but they have one. After trying and failing two times to do Jean and the DPS, i don't think Disney would want to touch Jean for a long time if ever.
    Again, I would be floored if Scott and Jean aren't main characters on the X-Men in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, this is how I feel also.

Jean is Phoenix and will the stories always seem to go there. Just keep her as the green good Phoenix, stay away from DP and the original DP storyline. Create new stories with Jean as Phoenix.
    I would like this as well, but I wouldn't count on it. I hate that they keep jumping to Dark Phoenix without showing us Jean as Phoenix. I don't know whey they can't forget Dark Phoenix and show us a powerful Jean Grey who is in control of her powers. The Phoenix wasn't all bad, she has done a lot of good too. This goes for the movie verse and in the comics.

I did see the movie again tonight. I liked it even more on the second viewing. I hate that it has done so poorly and almost universally panned. Ah, well.

I think the MCU would have succeeded even if the characters were well known. Being unknown isnt why they were successful. Spider-Man was pretty tarnished following Amazing Spider-Man, yet the MCU touched him 2 years later to massive success. I dont think the X-men or Jean is so low that inserting them into the MCU wont be met with its own sucess

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think the MCU would have succeeded even if the characters were well known. Being unknown isnt why they were successful. Spider-Man was pretty tarnished following Amazing Spider-Man, yet the MCU touched him 2 years later to massive success. I dont think the X-men or Jean is so low that inserting them into the MCU wont be met with its own sucess
    Good point!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I would like this as well, but I wouldn't count on it. I hate that they keep jumping to Dark Phoenix without showing us Jean as Phoenix. I don't know whey they can't forget Dark Phoenix and show us a powerful Jean Grey who is in control of her powers. The Phoenix wasn't all bad, she has done a lot of good too. This goes for the movie verse and in the comics.

I did see the movie again tonight. I liked it even more on the second viewing. I hate that it has done so poorly and almost universally panned. Ah, well.
    Honestly, I'm still waiting for somebody to follow through on Claremont's initial idea of the Phoenix as this glamorous and all-powerful cosmic superheroine, rather than immediately going for the crazy angle. This is basically what the MCU is trying to do with Captain Marvel, but it definitely works much better with Jean because Carol's stories always come off like they're apologizing for her femininity, whereas Jean always owns hers. And they need to give her a real costume, no more trenchcoats.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

I guess this is what John Campea meant about the production of Dark Phoenix being a disaster.

Fox execs expected this huge invasion style attack on New York, with the X men battling along side.

What they got was just Jean and Scott saving civilians and UN leaders, Charles is also there, but his powers don’t work on aliens, so was a liability more than anything. The UN attack was scripted differently when this was going to be A TWO PART saga. (A WHOLE other messy story lol)

Also this old 3rd act was not well received by test audience, “long and bloated” “huge action set piece no substance”, was the kind of feedback they received. (XMen are imprisioned during this whole thing)

They initially wanted to redo the UN sequence with all the X Men present, but the sets had been long destroyed, and rebuilding them (it’s the biggest set of any X film) and acquiring the licenses and permits for the locations was too TIMELY and COSTLY.

They had to settle for the train sequence which was predominantly shot on a sound stage, with the exception of the leaked set pics, which were shot on a yard. This sequence as seen in the trailers, has all the Mutants fighting alongside each other, the REQUIREMENT Fox asked for.
    - Okay so there are some HUGE name OSCAR winning people behind the scenes creating this movie, look them up on IMDB. They ALL signed on to a FINISHED two part script, and were hired for their experience and talent, to bring together the huge undertaking of filming TWO movies.

- The two movies were to be filmed together. The plan was to film most of the huge action pieces first. So the UN set, the largest of any X film, as well as the New York night street battle set, were all being built. These to sets were the THIRD act sets for each movie, with the UN set serving as the HUGE invasion style finale for PART TWO! Part one‘s finale set, is still partially in THIS movie, albeit scaled down, and with key players missing. It also serves as the close of the second act, opposed to a final act battle.

- Fox, with about 2 months until principal photography, BLINDSIDED the entire team, CUT the budget and informed the creative team to scale it down to ONE movie. They were not told of any reason (no employee at Fox knew about the merger until it was announced, only higher ups). They scrambled. They had to rewrite an ENTIRE script, pulling together pieces and ideas from the old ones, while COMPLETELY cutting out characters, set pieces, sequences, and changing some characters motivations.

- The biggest omission from this is the Shi’ar!!!!! Yes the Shi’ar were to be introduced and fleshed out in the scrapped two part movies. Simon KNEW bringing them in this new script would be foolish, drawing away the spotlight from Jean. Having to do their origin story, as well as a certain character’s relationship with Charles, while also telling Jeans descent into darkness, in a two hour time frame, was UNREALISTIC. Things had to be cut guys.

- Jessica Chastain signed on to play LILANDRA! When the scripted changed, they had to delay her from shooting, while they figured out who she would play and how she would be involved. Eventually Jessica started TWO and a half months after all the other actors had started.

- Because they already had sets built for the original idea, they had to use them, also with the budget cut, they couldn’t just destroy them and build new ones. They incorporated them into this singular movie. While they had managed to rewrite the first two acts, by the time shooting had begun, THEY HAD BARELY a working script for the third act lol. Just ideas.

- The reason Jessica kept teasing her character was because even after the rewrites, they still intended her to be Lilandra. They filmed a whole scene of her introducing herself to the world as the Empress, although the Shi’ar are NOT named, instead she leads a mysterious grey humanoid alien race. They realised she resembled NOTHING of Lilandra, so shot an alternate version of her being nameless, which would have been the cut we saw, had they kept the old third act. Basically someone needed to have a chat with Jessica lmao!

- When Fox reviewed the footage, and seeing the test audience feedback, they realised their blunder, and allowed for additional photography to commence (reshoots).They realised in doing so, they would have to push back the film. Fox wanted the February date while Kinberg urged them for a later date, because the reshoots would end in September, and the film coming out in Feb wouldn’t allow enough time to edit, score and add effects. Keep in mind they are REPLACING a whole third act. Fox Announces the Valentine’s Day release anyway.

When everything was completed, FOX again realised the effects weren’t going to be complete lol, so agreed to move it to the current date, ON THE CONDITION a trailer was to be released in order to soften the delay. The trailer would have the new date, and would be the announcement. Somewhere in the shuffle, the company that cuts trailers, left the Feb date on and was released. The biggest LOL....

Because the delay in rewrites, they had to cut out, Storm, Beast, Magneto, who all had other commitments by the time filming the old third act had started. Easiest option was to have them “captured”. This new Sequence corrects that! Only Evan Peters (Quicksilver) was unavailable to do both (AHS) lol.

Astonishing Member

This is really interesting if you think about it because the MCU we know now exist mainly because Disney didn't have access to Marvel's most popular IP's at the time (X-Men and Spider-Man) and basically had to...make do with a bunch of lesser known properties but now they do have the X-Men back.

The X-men do have such a large roster to choose from but I don't see Feige introducing the X-Men into the MCU without at least (Storm, Jean, Scott, Xavier, Wolverine?) I feel like it would be like introducing the Avengers without Cap, Iron Man, or Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post

The X-men do have such a large roster to choose from but I don't see Feige introducing the X-Men into the MCU without at least (Storm, Jean, Scott, Xavier, Wolverine?) I feel like it would be like introducing the Avengers without Cap, Iron Man, or Thor.
    I mean that is logical the thing but you have watch Fox for years ignore the obvious and focus on Magneto, Xavier, Mystique, Beast, Quicksilver and Wolverine. If I told you would before we got X-men movies that you would get 4 X-movies in a row and Magneto would get more screen time and development than Cyclops,Storm and Jean Grey. You would have laughed. It is should be common sense to get heavy Cyclops,Wolverine,Jean Grey,Nightcrawler and Storm focused movies for the X-men but that didn't happen. I don't believe in slam dunks anymore.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I mean that is logical the thing but you have watch Fox for years ignore the obvious and focus on Magneto, Xavier, Mystique, Beast, Quicksilver and Wolverine. If I told you would before we got X-men movies that you would get 4 X-movies in a row and Magneto would get more screen time and development than Cyclops,Storm and Jean Grey. You would have laughed. It is should be common sense to get heavy Cyclops,Wolverine,Jean Grey,Nightcrawler and Storm focused movies for the X-men but that didn't happen. I don't believe in slam dunks anymore.
    Yeah, but Feige is someone that knows what he's doing.

And no doubt Logan's going to be important, but I won't be surprised if they put him on solo movies only, or have him with the Avengers. I imagine the X-men will start as teenagers, which makes harder for him to appear.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, but Feige is someone that knows what he's doing.

And no doubt Logan's going to be important, but I won't be surprised if they put him on solo movies only, or have him with the Avengers. I imagine the X-men will start as teenagers, which makes harder for him to appear.
    I really hope for the MCU movies to start the O5 as really young adults. It would give them the time build their story.

I would really love if the MCU starts with the O5 or at least a modified version of them (with Jean and Scott)
    I hope it happens but i'm not sure about it, i feel like Fox would like to focus more on Storm or Emma.