Page 24 of 626 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124524 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Never, as Zordon say "Too much pink energy is too dangerous"

Also, nice avatar.
    Silly Zordon. Also, thanks, your words pushed me to look for something better.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Well...onto other topics of interest. How long a wait does everyone think it will be until Jean uses those pink powers?
    I bet that Marvel is going to forget about the pink form

I hope they forget about the pink form. Jean doesn't need the psychic vampirism to be powerful. Show her juggling battleships with her telekinesis or calming millions of terrified New Yorkers with her telepathy. She can be powerful with her regular old powers... Just show it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Well...onto other topics of interest. How long a wait does everyone think it will be until Jean uses those pink powers?
    I don't think writers want Jean overpowered. I don't have hopes of writers using it

Silly Zordon. Also, thanks, your words pushed me to look for something better.
    How dare you to ignore Zordon's wisdom

Your welcome!, to be honest i just don't like the condom head.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Interesting, then why hasn't she tapped into it since then? Writing issue or is it a boost they are saving for later?
    It's not a boost that Jean really needs to rely on. Remember, Jean in the future in that timeline also didn't need it, and she battled and defeated three whole Silver Surfer's.

Given what's happening in Uncanny, she really probably should use it against Nate. That'd solve the entire issue. But it also puts her on levels close to or with Dark Phoenix.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Yeah, he spent the better part of 5 years lusting after someone in a committed relationship who made it clear that they were just friends. That's not far off of an episode of Law and Order: SVU.
    Well, it seemed to me he backed off once Jean and Scott got married. Only when Morrison took over did Jean and Logan have some moments.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

The only writer who remembered the pink form was Bunn and that's because he is a master of continuity. Other writers and even editors don't care about those details.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redshipper View Post
    Well, it seemed to me he backed off once Jean and Scott got married. Only when Morrison took over did Jean and Logan have some moments.

Yes, i think Logan's love is genuine and yes he also respected the marriage and even wanted to help.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-08-2019 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redshipper View Post
    He backed up in Fattal Attractions and that plot die there, then Casey bring it back for an issue and Morrison killed it again.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    It's not a boost that Jean really needs to rely on. Remember, Jean in the future in that timeline also didn't need it, and she battled and defeated three whole Silver Surfer's.

Given what's happening in Uncanny, she really probably should use it against Nate. That'd solve the entire issue. But it also puts her on levels close to or with Dark Phoenix.
    Eh, the giant pink bird behind her indicates she was using some beyond her normal power set.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Well, it really wasn't something I was a fan of, but I feel they need to do something with it. Maybe it's a parasite or something mimicking the phoenix. Those are horrible ideas, but it's an opportunity for a writer to do something.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    He backed up in Fattal Attractions and that plot die there, then Casey bring it back for an issue and Morrison killed it again.
    I did like how Morrison wrote it. Jean went to Logan when she was [i]desperate[i] for attention since Scott wasn't the same anymore. That's the only time she considered it. And it was Logan that told her no.

Also. Y'all remember when Jean thought Logan was gross and awful and then knocked him on his ass in ANXM?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Eh, the giant pink bird behind her indicates she was using some beyond her normal power set.
    Nah, it was just how the power signature manifested. Keep in mind that Jeen also used those powers (without going pink, iirc) to punch and stagger Galactus.

In fact that entire Generations issue seems meant to show us that Jean is as strong without the PF as with it.
    Last edited by Harpsikord; 01-08-2019 at 06:54 PM.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I hope they forget about the pink form. Jean doesn't need the psychic vampirism to be powerful. Show her juggling battleships with her telekinesis or calming millions of terrified New Yorkers with her telepathy. She can be powerful with her regular old powers... Just show it.
    They could that..but it would never be as powerful as the pink form

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I did like how Morrison wrote it. Jean went to Logan when she was [i]desperate[i] for attention since Scott wasn't the same anymore. That's the only time she considered it. And it was Logan that told her no.

Also. Y'all remember when Jean thought Logan was gross and awful and then knocked him on his ass in ANXM?
    I was fine with that, trust me i'm not a shipper, i'm just trying to keep the facts straight.

Also she did find him attractive, thank Claremont (to be fair Jean also didn't think highly of Logan before the 1986 as it was show in UXM #134) for that, she isn't in love with him thought, she never was and is never going to happen and i would prefer if it doesn't happen (no offense to the shippers).
    Last edited by TheCape; 01-08-2019 at 06:59 PM.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    there isn't any false idea that Jean cheated on Logan, it never happened and readers know this very well. Just a way to badmouth Jean for nothing.
    Logan/Jean is pretty old, of course there is more on media. Too bad seems like people can't deal with it

Jean isn't perfect, but it is Scott that messed up BIG
    Look, I love Jean, she's my favorite X-men along with Scott, if I had to choose between the two I guess I would choose Scott because we're both men and it's easier for me to identify with him, but it's really almost tie between the two.
    There are people who accuse Jean of cheating, are undeserved accusations? not. Jean kissed Logan, some of those kisses were really passionate, I don't know you, but if I saw my girlfriend kissing another guy, well for me that's cheating so I guess it depends how tolerant you are but at the moment that you kiss someone in a way that you would never do in front of your partner, well that means something, right?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    A new love triangle will not make any good to any character or relationship, specially jott but sadly marvel loves these love triangles and the toxicity they create.
    I don't think Cyclops is going to oppose Jean being in a relationship if anything he is going to let her go because he loves her and knows he messed up. Which is weird because i expected something cool after more than a decade of them don't interacting much and marvel teasing their reunion through all these years.
    Scott has a tendency to blame himself and it is always very difficult to forgive himself. In X-factor he was willing to step aside so that Warren could be with Jean. He will always prefer Jean's happiness to his own, the biggest drama I think is that when Jean returns, Scott will see her with another person, he will tell himself that he is not worthy of her as he has done in other occasions (I think he mentioned that he had Jean on a pedestal) then Jean may want to go back to Scott but Scott would probably move away so as not to interfere with Jean's new relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    All relationships will eventually die. Is one of the things some people don't get about the tragedy of breaking Jean and Scott. Marvel wants cheap headlines and drama, good long lasting romance is boring. when they broke jott (in such a bad way and without respect) they showed that they don't give a fuck. Sure romance is fun, every romance starts good but in marvel slowly degrades (because drama is cool for marvel) and then they move to other thing. Love means nothing

Zac thompson has stated many times that it will be serious and continue after the AU
    While it is true that Marvel loves cheap drama and that is what we will have in the months after the reunion of Scott and Jean, I would not give much credit to the words of Zac Thompson, a few months ago it was said that we were very far from returning to see Scott and now we are less than a month away from seeing him again.