Page 241 of 626 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291341 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 9381
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I love Rachel. Maddie... not sure. Her very existence feels like comic books just being weird for no real reason other than editorial fighting each other.

Hope is... interesting. Exactly what you'd expect if you asked Cable to parent a kid in a nightmare future wasteland. No one seems to know what to with her now.
    I wonder what would have happened if Maddie didn't exist at all. Would Jean have been forgotten too? These two characters interacted very little but are deepely connected. I consider Maddie a part of Jean's character. A sad and brief but very important part of her.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I wonder what would have happened if Maddie didn't exist at all.
    Claremont would simply be forced to either let another writer handle Scott- it's possible we would have X-factor earlier, since the other 3 guys of the 05 were in Defenders- or have him lead the X-men rather than let his pet Storm do it.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    No one seems to know what to with her now.
    Under a good writer, Hope would have a lot more potential as a character AFTER the Messiah thing was over, not before.

Hope should have been in X-Force. It makes no sense why she hasnt interacted with Teen Cable. Espeiclally with getting the scar last year, she was set up to be Cable's legacy character and could have taken up the mantle for him

I would love to see more of Maddie and I would love to see her have a real heart to heart with Jean. I think Maddie could be rehabilitated but at the same time she would make a great foil for Jean. Jean doesn't have much family left, what if Maddie and Jean became like sisters... they are essentially twins. Identical twins are basically natures version of "clones".

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hope should have been in X-Force. It makes no sense why she hasnt interacted with Teen Cable. Espeiclally with getting the scar last year, she was set up to be Cable's legacy character and could have taken up the mantle for him
    It instead seems as if they prefer her moping about his death. I would hope (no pun intended) they eventually do something with her beyond that, till then, who knows.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    It's a power that devellops with training, because if not you just become crazy. And I think you're right about Xavier, he's trained for a longer time than Jean, and even if she's more powerful in raw power Xavier has more tricks, is more manipulative.
    Never forget, Xavier cheats.
    Training for longer doesn´t always mean you´re the best at something. Example the White Queen has beaten Xavier and he is older than her. Jeen held her own against baby Xavier in two different fights.

And come to think of it, her time as Phoenix meant she spent time seeing and doing things in ways Xavier never has or will. Plus if she were to use her powers as Jeen does, any attack Xavier launches at her would just empower her.

BANNED

Rachel has more of an established history with Cable than Hope. Since Jeen came to the future and since the return of Adult Jeen they haven´t know what to do with Hope. Hope was just used as a replacement for Jean and when a real teen Jean came on the scene she had little use.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Plus if she were to use her powers as Jeen does, any attack Xavier launches at her would just empower her.
    Sadly, last time someone asked the answer was that Jean doesn't do that anymore.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

That's because X-force is essentially yet another nostalgia trip for the writer in the X-office, the baby Cable and Stryfe are just a touch of illusion of change.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    That's because X-force is essentially yet another nostalgia trip for the writer in the X-office, the baby Cable and Stryfe are just a touch of illusion of change.
    It's not nostalgia, kid cable is Brisson pet character

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Rachel has more of an established history with Cable than Hope. Since Jeen came to the future and since the return of Adult Jeen they haven´t know what to do with Hope. Hope was just used as a replacement for Jean and when a real teen Jean came on the scene she had little use.
    I dont see what this has to do with my post. Hope and Rachel should have already interacted

IDA on Hope being used as a replacement for Jean. None of her roles or relationships have been similar to Jean

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It's not nostalgia, kid cable is Brisson pet character
    the two arent mutually exclusive
    Last edited by Havok83; 06-20-2019 at 06:43 PM.

What do you guys/girls think of some of the characters based on Jean?
    Like Rachel, Hope, Maddie or teen Jean.
    (please if possible keep it positive, no deppreciation)
    Teen Jean was all good.

Rachel I don't read a lot of her, but is a ok character.

I kind aof like EXTREME Hope, is kinda of fun.

Sadly, last time someone asked the answer was that Jean doesn't do that anymore.
    Where was that stated?
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Also on topic I miss teen jean so far adult jean isn’t doing as much for me as teen did, though xmen red was a good start.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Jean's face is creepy
    Too cute