Page 25 of 626 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125525 ... LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I'm not going to argue that Jean was attracted to Logan - just that that's where it ended. She loved him platonically and was attracted to him in an animal sense.

I honestly much prefer things like the dynamic between Jean and Logan in Evolution and Extraordinary/OML where they're more like family than lovers.

*EDIT*

I went back and skimmed through Generation, and Jean's pink mimics the Phoenix there as well. Def think it's just how she subconsciously manifests that power.

She did it when she used it back in the 90s, too.
    Last edited by Harpsikord; 01-08-2019 at 07:07 PM.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I was fine with that, trust me i'm not a shipper, i'm just trying to keep the facts straight.

Also she did find him attractive, thank Claremont (to be fair Jean also didn't think highly of Logan before the 1986 as it was show in UXM #134) for that, she isn't in love with him thought, she never was and is never going to happen and i would prefer if it doesn't happen (no offense to the shippers).
    None taken. I already know it's not going to happen. Logan will go to Storm and Jean to (as much as I don't want it to happen) Scott (cringes). However, there is something about Jean/Logan that has my heart fluttering about. I guess unrequited love or forbidden love. Love that could not be. Hugh Jackman pining away for Famke. Pick any.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I did like how Morrison wrote it. Jean went to Logan when she was [i]desperate[i] for attention since Scott wasn't the same anymore. That's the only time she considered it. And it was Logan that told her no.

Also. Y'all remember when Jean thought Logan was gross and awful and then knocked him on his ass in ANXM?

Nah, it was just how the power signature manifested. Keep in mind that Jeen also used those powers (without going pink, iirc) to punch and stagger Galactus.

In fact that entire Generations issue seems meant to show us that Jean is as strong without the PF as with it.
    Which would be completely baloney. Please show me where Jean can destroy an entire galaxy with her current powers. Revive the dead? Scour an entire planet clean down to the molecules below the surface?

Quote Originally Posted by Redshipper View Post
    None taken. I already know it's not going to happen. Logan will go to Storm and Jean to (as much as I don't want it to happen) Scott (cringes). However, there is something about Jean/Logan that has my heart fluttering about. I guess unrequited love or forbidden love. Love that could not be. Hugh Jackman pining away for Famke. Pick any.
    Storm isn't at option either, Marvel prefers Logan single in general, for most of his publication story he has been like that.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Which would be completely baloney. Please show me where Jean can destroy an entire galaxy with her current powers. Revive the dead? Scour an entire planet clean down to the molecules below the surface?
    No offense but I'm not going to get into this argument with you or with anyone so I just hope you had a good day
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Yeah, Jean being stronger without Phoenix just doesn't make much sense for me. But to be fair, Phoenix originally wasn't supposed to be part of Marvel Cosmic Pantheon, it was Jean herself letting go her inhibitions.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redshipper View Post
    I think the first X-men movies are the best representation of the core of Jogan. It is not my thing but i understand the appeal of the forbidden love.
    Also some people here are really hard on Logan and Cyclops and their interactions with Jean but please don't let that ruin your day or your love for your ship

No offense but I'm not going to get into this argument with you or with anyone so I just hope you had a good day
    Uh huh... right... this is one of those headcanon things, right?

You do you. Nothing wrong with that.

Ultimate Member

It's only forbidden love if she and Scott are together/married, otherwise she'd be free to be with Logan if she wanted to and it's pretty clear that however their friendship started it's evolved far past the point of them both just have lust for each other or Jean just loving him as a friend...

Uh huh... right... this is one of those headcanon things, right?

You do you. Nothing wrong with that.
    Some kinda canon, sure.

X-Men Red (2018-) 001 - Annual-021.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    It's only forbidden love if she and Scott are together/married, otherwise she'd be free to be with Logan if she wanted to and it's pretty clear that however their friendship started it's evolved far past the point of them both just have lust for each other or Jean just loving him as a friend...
    Dude, there is another thread for it, there is no need to derail this one anymore. I don't think that Jean fans are very fond of it.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

A statement that has been ignored by literally every writer since?

If she can destroy galaxies with a thought, defeat every Avenger on the planet at the same time, and re-create life from absolute nothing...

why is she losing to Typhoid Mary or X-Man? Why did she need a clever plan to beat Cassandra when she could have easily wiped out every single nanobot Nova made from the comfort of her living room?

Honestly, i still find that hard to believe, until Jean show more feats, is a rather empty declaration, especially if only Taylor pays any attention.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

A statement that has been ignored by literally every writer since?

If she can destroy galaxies with a thought, defeat every Avenger on the planet at the same time, and re-create life from absolute nothing...

why is she losing to Typhoid Mary or X-Man? Why did she need a clever plan to beat Cassandra when she could have easily wiped out every single nanobot Nova made from the comfort of her living room?
    For another side, in group story like this, characthers with that level of power tend to get jobbed. Just ask Thor fans lol

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think the first X-men movies are the best representation of the core of Jogan. It is not my thing but i understand the appeal of the forbidden love.
    Also some people here are really hard on Logan and Cyclops and their interactions with Jean but please don't let that ruin your day or your love for your ship
    You are too kind. Thank You!