Page 251 of 626 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261301351 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 9381
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    So do we want to discuss Major X issue 6? Poor Jean gets nerfed again. Which is ok because no matter how powerful a character is they can't always win... but still, girl can't catch a break these days. Aside from X-men Red Jean hasn't been displayed as very powerful. Which is odd because in X-men Red Cassandra said Jean was more powerful than when she went up against her before.. and Jean in New X-men was pretty strong.

Though it is sort of a trend. Look at Storm and Rachel in recent years. Hopefully Jean has better days ahead of her under Hickman.
    Rachel finally kicked those telepathic trolls asses when she merged with the Mother Askani.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    1) At this point Rachel has not been shown to wield the PF again. It was just that issue cover and a dated look one the Hickman poster.
    2) Mother Askani/Rachel lost her connection to the PF at the end of the "Phoenix" mini and at the end of "TAoC&P" when she died (it took her power and strength plus the remnant Force to bring Jean & Scott through time and tethered into those bodies). So Rachel should not have gained anything from her alternate self in X-Force as it was already gone.
    3) I don't see how if she did get access again through Mother Askani, it means it's linked to Jean. I don't follow the logic given that Rachel is a previous host and is currently 2000+ yrs away from the current timeline.

Meanwhile I agree that for Jean to be fully intertwined with the Phoenix again would make her power level be problematic for storytelling as new Galactus level or god-level threats would be required to make the most of Jean or she would constantly have to be nerfed or job.
    Rachel was speaking with the Phoenix voice and giving off Phoenix aura. Keep in mind Marvel does not respect continuity.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Rachel was speaking with the Phoenix voice and giving off Phoenix aura. Keep in mind Marvel does not respect continuity.
    It remains to be seen that she has the Phoenix again. Just because her voice bubble is different from the last time she actually formed real sentences in September and there is fire from the explosions she created, doesn't mean the bird is back.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    So do we want to discuss Major X issue 6? Poor Jean gets nerfed again. Which is ok because no matter how powerful a character is they can't always win... but still, girl can't catch a break these days. Aside from X-men Red Jean hasn't been displayed as very powerful. Which is odd because in X-men Red Cassandra said Jean was more powerful than when she went up against her before.. and Jean in New X-men was pretty strong.

Though it is sort of a trend. Look at Storm and Rachel in recent years. Hopefully Jean has better days ahead of her under Hickman.
    Yeah this wasn’t Jean’s book/story, she was put there to lose the fight.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    It remains to be seen that she has the Phoenix again. Just because her voice bubble is different from the last time she actually formed real sentences in September and there is fire from the explosions she created, doesn't mean the bird is back.
    yeah it seems like they made it clear that its not the Phoenix by specifying that its Mother Askani, which I dont think they'd have done if she had actually rebonded with the PF

HOX #3 Variant

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    HOX #3 Variant
    I'm not a fan of current Jean using this costume but here it looks cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    HOX #3 Variant
    Medusa or jean? LOL

Costume still look a bit wrong, because it is just ordinary dress

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Medusa or jean? LOL

Costume still look a bit wrong, because it is just ordinary dress
    Ha, I was thinking the same thing about Jean's hair and Medusa. And you're right about the mini-skirt. While I will always like the look, it feels very much out of place in today's age when costumes are more of a mix between flashy, detailed, and practical; especially when the goal of this relaunch is to modernize and repopularize the X-Men. If they were going back to an old look, I wish they would have at least tweaked and updated it like with Cyclops and Wolverine's costumes. Anyway, there's still hope she'll get a new look after HoX/PoX is over and the new books are launched.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Ha, I was thinking the same thing about Jean's hair and Medusa. And you're right about the mini-skirt. While I will always like the look, it feels very much out of place in today's age when costumes are more of a mix between flashy, detailed, and practical; especially when the goal of this relaunch is to modernize and repopularize the X-Men. If they were going back to an old look, I wish they would have at least tweaked and updated it like with Cyclops and Wolverine's costumes. Anyway, there's still hope she'll get a new look after HoX/PoX is over and the new books are launched.
    I wish they would explain this outfit but I guess someone just had a preference for it. Maybe someone wasn't digging the X-men Red or 90's Jean look. Couldn't they have put her in one of her X-factor uniforms?? I mean I prefer the Phoenix outfit but it is much too soon to have Jean go back to that.

This is what we lost guys...

Teen Jean was so awesome. I wish current Jean was more like her. She could be but they decided to go with another take for the character. Jean is missing her passion and her fiery personality. She also doesn't seem to be as powerful as Teen Jean which is really wild.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Teen Jean was so awesome, badass and strong... I miss her.

Well thats not Teen Jean. Its adult Jean in those scans....

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Well thats not Teen Jean. Its adult Jean in those scans....
    It is adult teen jean, the future Jeen is she stayed on this timeline and never went back