Page 252 of 626 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302352 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 9381
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Well thats not Teen Jean. Its adult Jean in those scans....
    well, yes. But it is like Xorna, some adult version of what teen Jean would have become if she stayed on this time. Not sure if they count as the same character.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Bunn did a good job with Jean. I wish we could have seen more of his adult Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It is adult teen jean, the future Jeen is she stayed on this timeline and never went back
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    well, yes. But it is like Xorna, some adult version of what teen Jean would have become if she stayed on this time. Not sure if they count as the same character.
    But they (teen and adult) are one and the same. That issue depicts an older version of both of her which is an adult

But they (teen and adult) are one and the same. That issue depicts an older version of both of her which is an adult
    They should be the same but they don't act the same. They used teen Scott to change adult Scott I want to see the change in adult Jean for gaining the memories and experiences of Teen Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    They should be the same but they don't act the same. They used teen Scott to change adult Scott I want to see the change in adult Jean for gaining the memories and experiences of Teen Jean.
    I think the issue with this is that we havent seen much of Jean post-Extermination except in AoX where she is brainwashed. Disassembled was occurring concurrently with Extermination and therefore could not spoil it. The only other place where she was a focal character was The Exterminated and that issue didnt call for her to use her powers much

I think the issue with this is that we havent seen much of Jean post-Extermination except in AoX where she is brainwashed. Disassembled was occurring concurrently with Extermination and therefore could not spoil it. The only other place where she was a focal character was The Exterminated and that issue didnt call for her to use her powers much
    True. Jean went on the back burner after X-men Red which is kind of sad for a major character that was just brought back. Though it is hard to complain because Teen Jean was a major player for years and had a solo. Adult Jean had a successful mini and was the lead in X-men Red.

I haven't seen much evidence of that. What differences exist could be down to a change in writers. The last writer before Rosenberg that did significant work with adult Scott was Bendis after all.

True. Jean went on the back burner after X-men Red which is kind of sad for a major character that was just brought back. Though it is hard to complain because Teen Jean was a major player for years and had a solo. Adult Jean had a successful mini and was the lead in X-men Red.
    Teen Jean had a lot of push from Bendis, I think it made the difference on her focus

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I haven't seen much evidence of that. What differences exist could be down to a change in writers. The last writer before Rosenberg that did significant work with adult Scott was Bendis after all.
    JDW agree with it. Someone posted a article to explain the change of hear of Scott and White agreed that Teen Cyke had a role on it
    Last edited by spirit2011; 06-27-2019 at 07:22 PM.

Same difference? Scott in Uncanny isnt much like Scott under Bendis and that change has been attributed to Extermination. He has the memories of his younger self and as such has reflected on his past actions with a different lens. It has informed how he acts now

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

The reason that Jean cover is cute is because the gloves aren't too big, and we can't see the belt or the boots. The design itself is kind of cute, it's fine, but with those...
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Did you read the Uncanny annual or Scott's guest spot in Champions? Scott has changed due to his experiences and memories from Teen Scott. Teen Scott was horrified by what Adult Scott had become. Adult Scott now feels that he was wrong. Do the math. The article by Trent Seeley about this was correct and JDW confirmed that. It was so clear to me that I was shocked Seeley acted like his conclusion was just a theory because it seemed obvious for me just by reading the books!

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

im hoping jean on house of x is powerfull like teen jean
    we can be heroes, just for one day

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    im hoping jean on house of x is powerfull like teen jean
    Given how powerful Hickman made Sue Storm, or showed her as being, I don't think we've got to worry.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

i feel is a underrated moment for jean, the movie wasnt perfect but had really good moments, jean fans should be more happy about her taking the spotlight after so much time, because she is a really good character with amazing powers

we can be heroes, just for one day

Did you read the Uncanny annual or Scott's guest spot in Champions? Scott has changed due to his experiences and memories from Teen Scott. Teen Scott was horrified by what Adult Scott had become. Adult Scott now feels that he was wrong. Do the math. The article by Trent Seeley about this was correct and JDW confirmed that. It was so clear to me that I was shocked Seeley acted like his conclusion was just a theory because it seemed obvious for me just by reading the books!
    Yeah, we read it. But until editorial actually lets us know what Scott did that so monstrously horrible that he's spent all Uncanny whining and moping about it, it doesn't do us a lot of good. All it has shown us was that Tyke was a whiny insufferable loser with absolutely zero of any of Scott's positive traits. I'm totally willing to believe Wi-Fi is his kid, they're both enormously stupid brats.