Page 262 of 626 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272312362 ... LastLast
Results 3,916 to 3,930 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Everyone keeps acting like Rosenberg hates all of these characters, and I just don't get it. I'm sure that if he truly hated Emma he would have either killed her off or ignored her altogether.
    I refuse to believe that a writer who likes anyone in Uncanny would be running this story. Uncanny from the word go has been one prolonged character assassination of Scott, Havoc (his supposed favorite), Hope, and Emma. None of them are acting remotely in character. They're written like Rosenberg hasn't read anything about them except the most hate filled vitriol on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Everyone keeps acting like Rosenberg hates all of these characters, and I just don't get it. I'm sure that if he truly hated Emma he would have either killed her off or ignored her altogether.
    He is being soft on Emma for someone that hates her. Of course he can still make her plan go completely wrong or her being the savior.
    I think that people are mad for nothing, this all gonna reset. If not Hickman gonna fix it. It's a end of the world last x-men story, so many won't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    He is being soft on Emma for someone that hates her. Of course he can still make her plan go completely wrong or her being the savior.
    I think that people are mad for nothing, this all gonna reset. If not Hickman gonna fix it. It's a end of the world last x-men story, so many won't like it.
    Soft? He had her be cartoonishly inept, stupid, and evil for no reason.

The thing is, what if this does stick?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post

He had her looking sympathetic and sent out a plea to Scott for help yet this issue opens up and she's snarky and unapologetic. Her characterization has been all over the place in the what 2-3 issues he's written of her
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-03-2019 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He had her looking sympathetic and sent out a plea to Scott for help yet this issue opens up and she's snark and unapologetic. Her characterization has been all over the place in the what 2-3 issues he's written of her
    He had her begging for help to save her from the mess Rosenberg had her cause by being stupid and inept. And people want to claim that he somehow LIKES THIS CHARACTER?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post

I'm seeing some fans liking it. And seems like #22 will be a good issue for Emma.

I doubt it will stick, and if stick I can see Hickman going for a redemption story

He had her looking sympathetic and sent out a plea to Scott for help yet this issue opens up and she's snarky and unapologetic. Her characterization has been all over the place in the what 2-3 issues he's written of her
    Well he could do a lot worse

A curiosity: Rosenberg was going to write X-men Red but he thought Jean was just back and shouldn't be the leader.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-03-2019 at 02:51 PM.

Jean Grey with short hair is Rachel. I feel like the shortest they should go with her is what To did in Blue

which is similar to length of what she had in ANX

Not quite short hair, but shorter than usual
    Adult Jean looks good on this. She is a classy lady.

So regarding the Marvelgirl dress: I have a love hate relationship with it. I appreciated it on a 19 year old Jean, but not on a full fledged adult Jean. I can’t take her seriously in it. Also, it really depends on how the dress is drawn. This is one of the few images where I think the dress looks better. I prefer the belt at the hip instead of the waist and sleek gold gloves and boots. The way the current artist draws her the belt is too high and she looks frumpy. And those ugly dishwasher gloves and mask have got to go.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    So regarding the Marvelgirl dress: I have a love hate relationship with it. I appreciated it on a 19 year old Jean, but not on a full fledged adult Jean. I can’t take her seriously in it. Also, it really depends on how the dress is drawn. This is one of the few images where I think the dress looks better. I prefer the belt at the hip instead of the waist and sleek gold gloves and boots. The way the current artist draws her the belt is too high and she looks frumpy. And those ugly dishwasher gloves and mask have got to go.
    Well said about the artist. When it’s drawn all loose and flowey it makes her look out of place, but as a form fitting dress it’s not that bad. The picture you have there looks really nice and a good example of form fitting.

I am taking a wait and see on the Marvel Girl costume. Perhaps the House of X artist will make it look good. I do think it is a very odd choice for Jean. I take it that someone didn't want to keep her in the X-men Red uniform. They could have easily have put her in the 90's outfit, but it is similar to the X-men Red. Jean doesn't have the best costumes outside the Phoenix ones imo.

I enjoyed both JDW and Hickman's commentary on omega mutants. It looks like they may correct the trend of making everyone an omega level mutant. I just wonder will Jean and Iceman retain their omega status? What role will omega mutants play in Hickman's run?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Teen Jean
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BzevFxpj4kK/
    64849540_202232570741968_8510060525330016547_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I am taking a wait and see on the Marvel Girl costume. Perhaps the House of X artist will make it look good. I do think it is a very odd choice for Jean. I take it that someone didn't want to keep her in the X-men Red uniform. They could have easily have put her in the 90's outfit, but it is similar to the X-men Red. Jean doesn't have the best costumes outside the Phoenix ones imo.

I enjoyed both JDW and Hickman's commentary on omega mutants. It looks like they may correct the trend of making everyone an omega level mutant. I just wonder will Jean and Iceman retain their omega status? What role will omega mutants play in Hickman's run?
    Jean is the most iconic Omega mutant on popular culture. I doubt her status is in danger
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-04-2019 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Teen Jean
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BzevFxpj4kK/
    64849540_202232570741968_8510060525330016547_n.jpg

Jean is the most iconic Omega mutant on popular culture. I doubt she her status is in danger
    You are probably right but we don't know how Hickman is going to define the term and what limits he will place on it. Jean's power status seems unclear. She was powerful in X-men Red but everywhere else she seems kind of basic lol

Please don’t tell me that the reason Jean is wearing the Marvelgirl dress is because she now has to conceal her identity due to the recent events in UX by Emma Frost. If that’s the case she should be wearing her Red Xfactor costume as it’s more flattering IMO.

Please don’t tell me that the reason Jean is wearing the Marvelgirl dress is because she now has to conceal her identity due to the recent events in UX by Emma Frost. If that’s the case she should be wearing her Red Xfactor costume as it’s more flattering IMO.
    Maybe not because of Emma, but because Hickman want a reset? I am not sure if uncanny gonna carry on to hickman run.
    Marvel girl mask isn't good to hide a iD

Nobody cares about the current Uncanny run, that being said I don't think the X-men or Jean are hiding their identities.