Page 266 of 626 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276316366 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 9381

Jean knew. The revelations in Bendis run makes this scene make more sense

She did not get access to her TP until she was college aged, and she had been training directly with Profesor Xavier so she wasnt accidentally prying into people's thoughts. She didnt know when they were teenagers but she likely found out at any point when he allowed her into his head but decided to respect his privacy bc being gay wasnt as acceptable as it is now and it was a sensitive subject. Teen Jean had her TP forced onto her and she had no formal training when it happened. She was younger with far less experience and maturity and she was thrust into a world where homosexuality was more acceptable and in some ways celebrated. She also got to see the older Bobby continue to live his life in secret likely bc he never got the support and love that she felt she could give the teen version by letting him know she was there for him
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-07-2019 at 12:06 PM.

In retrospect, Xavier not supporting Bobby in this is being a asshole. Jean and Emma have an excuse because they are their peers but Charles was a father figure, he could have helped him understand his feelings.

I think a lot of people are looking back at the past in retrospect which gives way more information and context than when the events actually happened—in continuity and in real life editorial.

So trying to blame Xavier is a massive stretch since more likely than not, you're looking for something that's there when it really may not have been until a little later.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I think a lot of people are looking back at the past in retrospect which gives way more information and context than when the events actually happened—in continuity and in real life editorial.

So trying to blame Xavier is a massive stretch since more likely than not, you're looking for something that's there when it really may not have been until a little later.
    Of course Xavier was never written like that, but it is the only logical conclusion that we can draw with the retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    In retrospect, Xavier not supporting Bobby in this is being a asshole. Jean and Emma have an excuse because they are their peers but Charles was a father figure, he could have helped him understand his feelings.
    I dont agree. Someone's sexuality is their own personal issue and it isnt anyone's responsibility to intervene. We havent seen Bobby struggle or feel persecuted bc of it. He's had relationships with women and at the very least could have been bi for all he knew. When Xavier became a mentor to Bobby, it was under a different time and qutie frankly we dont know if he tried to help him or not. Teen Jean ascertained that Bobby was gay. I could see Xavier being more subtle and letting him know if there was something affecting him deeply that he should feel comfortable to reach out to him. That puts the ball in Bobby's court without putting him on the spot and making assumptions

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean knew. The revelations in Bendis run makes this scene make more sense

This is the scene I was referring to, and Nicieza has specifically come out and said that this is exactly what he was referring to.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

charles would know and not give a fuck ayyy imao go fight robots you headass kid
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I have no idea why people need Charles Xavier to be white knight hero. Xavier never helped Rogue, Wolverine, or Cyclops’ trauma and/or brain damage. He’s always been a jerk. His Dream is what inspires X-Men, not Xavier himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    charles would know and not give a fuck ayyy imao go fight robots you headass kid
    Well...

Dsw-IfZXgAAaGci.jpg

I still don't think he cares much about sexuality.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I still don't think he cares much about sexuality.
    What I mean is that Xavier, while his students are functional, does not seem to care much about their mental or emotional stability.

What I mean is that Xavier, while his students are functional, does not seem to care much about their mental or emotional stability.
    Bobby was not mentally or emotionally unstable though. He kept his sexuality secret but it wasnt having a negative impact on his well being

Astonishing Member

Bobby was not mentally or emotionally unstable though. He kept his sexuality secret but it wasnt having a negative impact on his well being
    Didn't he date Mystique at one point?

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Didn't he date Mystique at one point?
    They had a flirtation in Carey's run. I wouldnt quite call it dating
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-07-2019 at 01:42 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

They had a flirtation in Carey's run. I wouldnt quite call it dating
    They had sex. And, let's be real? Mystique was definitely the dom if not the top.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey