Page 267 of 626 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271277317367 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,005 of 9381
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't think Xavier didn't care. He probably just didn't knew and if he catched something then he left it at Iceman's hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    What I mean is that Xavier, while his students are functional, does not seem to care much about their mental or emotional stability.
    Not even if he's in love with them!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't think Xavier didn't care. He probably just didn't knew and if he catched something then he left it at Iceman's hands.
    LOL...Xavier knew. He's proven to be one of the more unethical telepaths that has gotten away with abusing his powers. He was in the heads of all his students without their consent or knowledge and he's even mindwiped and brainwashed them. There is no way that he was oblivious.

He was just glad it was one less guy in the competition for Jean's 15 year old ass.

Xavier isn't in love with Jean. That was just one single panel that has been memed, He is her teacher.
    One of my favorite interactions between them was the wedding issue were he was her teacher and paternal figure, he was so proud and happy for her. That how their interactions should be defined, not just by a dumb panel

God, i hate what they have done to Xavier.

Xavier isn't in love with Jean. That was just one single panel that has been memed, He is her teacher.
    One of my favorite interactions between them was the wedding issue were he was her teacher and paternal figure, he was so proud and happy for her. That how their interactions should be defined, not just by a dumb panel

I think it's more a message of how times have changed. Xavier being the rude, abrasive, invasive parent figure was fine in the 1950s and 1960s, but it looks hopelessly quaint in the current era. Ward Cleaver doesn't work in today's day and age. So the solution was either to slant it for a more modern view, or retcon massive amounts of his character history.

I think it's been referenced recently.

Also Onslaught had a page and a half on it

I just think it's funny to bring it up lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post

Yes I know, the last mention was on Marvelous X-men #4. Doesn't mean it isn't dumb.
    Is a little an unecessary detail that turns bad something that could be cute.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I think it's more a message of how times have changed. Xavier being the rude, abrasive, invasive parent figure was fine in the 1950s and 1960s, but it looks hopelessly quaint in the current era. Ward Cleaver doesn't work in today's day and age. So the solution was either to slant it for a more modern view, or retcon massive amounts of his character history.
    But they did retcon large portions of his history. Marvel went overboard. Several of the retcons have made him flat out unethical to questionably evil. In the 60s-90s, he may have come across stern and a jerk at times but he still was percieved as a relatively decent guy that means and does well with his students best interests at heart. The retcons have changed that to make him more selfish, controlling and about protecting himself, others be damned. His dream is a crock of sh-t, bc he is. Theres a level of hypocrisy with Xavier that he has failed to acknowledge and atone for bc as of AXM Annual, he is still the same rotten person and this began when they started retconning him into being like that

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOL...Xavier knew. He's proven to be one of the more unethical telepaths that has gotten away with abusing his powers. He was in the heads of all his students without their consent or knowledge and he's even mindwiped and brainwashed them. There is no way that he was oblivious.
    Funny the problem the telepaths have:
    - they are accused to spy and they are treated accordingly;
    - they don't pry and are accused to be indifferent.

because of that panel people think Xavier is worse that magneto. It was creepy, but xavier never acted on it and even him forgot about that.
    No need for all that outrage

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post

Yes, and it was also more than just one panel. How about when Xavier says he once thought he loved Jean as he did Moira? I forget the issue but I read it recently. Though controversial I think it is normal. What isn't normal is acting on the urge or using his power over Jean to try something. That would make him a sexual predator.

Xavier though of Storm too. Right after she cut her hair he thought about how he hadn't realized how female and attractive she was. I re-read this issue lately also when I was re-reading the Claremont years. I remember thinking.. yikes! Xavier was definitely a sexual being.

Oops, sorry. I'm not angry, sorry if it reads like I were, I still have problems with the english language.
    I do dislike some of the things done to Xavier.

Oops, sorry. I'm not angry, sorry if it reads like I were, I still have problems with the english language.
    I do dislike some of the things done to Xavier.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate