Page 269 of 626 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279319369 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 9381

I think X-Men Red's Jean might be my favorite portrayal of the character. She was kind and strong, had her own vision for mutantkind (not Xavier's, not Magneto's, not Scott's). And she was a hell of a leader.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I think X-Men Red's Jean might be my favorite portrayal of the character. She was kind and strong, had her own vision for mutantkind (not Xavier's, not Magneto's, not Scott's). And she was a hell of a leader.
    God yes. I miss this Jean so much, and hope that's how she acts under Hickman.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    The best Jean is one who is kind, compassionate, and emotional.
    Really? I know you and I had a high-five moment about the DPS being a phoenix-in-refrigerator story, but I recently bought the Phoenix hardcover on a lark.

I think the BEST Jean is when she's pushing people aside due to impatience, frustration, and boredom. The unmitigated sass I heard when Phoenix says "fine" to a concerned Dr. MacTaggert. I would LOVE to read a Phoenix Saga without all the purple prose. My tastes aren't common in these parts, but I spent the entire time reading it, imagining the awkwardness of the imbalanced relationships drawn by Frank Quitely and concise dialog by BKV.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 07-08-2019 at 01:50 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Really? I know you and I had a high-five moment about the DPS being a phoenix-in-refrigerator story, but I recently bought the Phoenix hardcover on a lark.

I think the BEST Jean is when she's pushing people aside due to impatience, frustration, and boredom. The unmitigated sass I heard when Phoenix says "fine" to a concerned Dr. MacTaggert. I would LOVE to read a Phoenix Saga without all the purple prose.
    I don't think that they're mutually exclusive tbh. Jean can be a sarcastic bitch when she wants to be and when she's written properly - she has personality and wit. She should be a generally kind and compassionate person, but she should be ruled by her emotions, that's the key to Jean's character. All the sass should be included in the package.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Jean has a dry sense of humor, also she is kind but don't try to hurt her or her friends. Girl has a temper, that mostly of times she keeps cool

I wouldnt say she has a temper. Has she blown up? Yes but most times have been justified and it doesnt happen very often. Jean isnt one that just has emotional outbursts and rages on people regularly. She by and large is in control of her emotions 99% of the time.

heres a variant Ive never seen

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Did you not read X-Men Red?
    I did. But XMen Red was all but forgotten to make the crappy AoXM happen.

Sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I did. But XMen Red was all but forgotten to make the crappy AoXM happen.

Sucks.
    It would get canned either way because of Hickman

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't think X-men red ended because of any other book. It just ran his course, it was created to reintroduce Jean and it did wonderfully.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't think X-men red ended because of any other book. It just ran his course, it was created to reintroduce Jean and it did wonderfully.
    That is correct. The book only told one story and Taylor wasnt creating subplots or dangling plotlines that would have continued after the Nova arc was over. Red was very self contained and deliberate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That is correct. The book only told one story and Taylor wasnt creating subplots or dangling plotlines that would have continued after the Nova arc was over. Red was very self contained and deliberate
    Since the ending of Red has Jean been seen in the pages anywhere? Has she rejoined the X-Men yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Since the ending of Red has Jean been seen in the pages anywhere? Has she rejoined the X-Men yet?
    sh ei son Age of x-man marvelous x-men and the the alpha and omega of the event

She rejoined the X-men in X-men Red. Since that book started she's appeared in

Extermination
    The Exterminated
    Typhoid Mary
    Return of Wolverine
    Uncanny X-men
    Uncanny X-men: Winters End
    The Holiday Special
    Mr and Mrs. X
    Age of X-man

all as an X-man. Im sure Ive forgot some other stuff. Jean was the default character to represent the team last year

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

What do you mean "Has she rejoined the X-Men yet?"? Like, she rejoined the X-Men before, during, and after Red.

If you mean, has she rejoined the main and only X-Men team? Well she's been all the pages in Disassembled. And a main character in the Marvelous X-Men. So yes. But right now I would say the "X-Men" is a fractured concept where 80% of them are trapped in the altered reality construct Nate made and the remaining have been in Uncanny or X-Force. None of them have intersected yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    What do you mean "Has she rejoined the X-Men yet?"? Like, she rejoined the X-Men before, during, and after Red.

If you mean, has she rejoined the main and only X-Men team? Well she's been all the pages in Disassembled. And a main character in the Marvelous X-Men. So yes. But right now I would say the "X-Men" is a fractured concept where 80% of them are trapped in the altered reality construct Nate made and the remaining have been in Uncanny or X-Force. None of them have intersected yet.
    Thanks... I'm having a bit of trouble figuring which of the current books are Alternate Reality and which are 616 Prime.