Page 271 of 626 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275281321371 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,065 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I disagree. AvX would have happened because editorial mandated it would happen, regardless of characters. The event required at least 11 characters to be completely out of character, and no less than four different plot contrivances that make zero sense.
    AvX just wouldnt make sense if Jean was around, less so than even what they did. Hope would be irrelevant and they'd have to change the plot bc the concept of the P5 wouldnt work with Jean there. The Phoenix would want her and she'd be able to usurp the power for herself instead of standing around and letting it corrupt 5 different mutants

Jean would have been butchered like everybody else. She was spared the shame

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    True, Imagine that Jean being alive would change many things drastically. Specially AvX
    The thing to keep in mind is Jean would've been around for the Shi'ar slaughter of her entire family in "End of Greys" as well as for the revelations of Xavier's lies about Danger and Vulcan, and all that would definitely have had an effect on her emotional state. She would've become angrier, edgier, and less stable just as Scott did. The question is how badly and for how long.

A lot also hinges on whether or not she would've retained the Phoenix Force. If she had, could she have prevented M-Day? Or at least immediately reversed it? Would Hope have even come into play? Would AvX have even happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    AvX just wouldnt make sense if Jean was around, less so than even what they did. Hope would be irrelevant and they'd have to change the plot bc the concept of the P5 wouldnt work with Jean there. The Phoenix would want her and she'd be able to usurp the power for herself instead of standing around and letting it corrupt 5 different mutants
    If Jean survives Xorn, Hope wouldn't even exist. Hope's entire existence was manipulated by Jean in the White Hot Room to rescue mutantkind.

But at the end of the day, events will happen regardless. There is zero reason Age of X-Man should exist, since Jean is more than capable of handling Nate. She didn't because the plot required her not to. Nate is an entire level of power below Nova, and Jean handled Nova with absolutely zero trouble.

New variant!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    The thing to keep in mind is Jean would've been around for the Shi'ar slaughter of her entire family in "End of Greys" as well as for the revelations of Xavier's lies about Danger and Vulcan, and all that would definitely have had an effect on her emotional state. She would've become angrier, edgier, and less stable just as Scott did. The question is how badly and for how long.

A lot also hinges on whether or not she would've retained the Phoenix Force. If she had, could she have prevented M-Day? Or at least immediately reversed it? Would Hope have even come into play? Would AvX have even happened?
    Great questions. I don't think House of M might have happened the way it did if Jean were alive. But then I think they might have "killed" Jean similar to how they did Xavier so that they couldn't affect Wanda's re-write as they had the power to do so. If Jean were still one with the PF when M-Day started, I think they would have nixed her powers like Xavier and potentially her connection with the PF would have been severed for the time being. The whole point of House of M, in some ways, was to decimate the mutant population. She could have been living at the Greys when Rachel came to visit and the Deathsquad arrived. So she could have been marked and/or killed there as well.

As for AvX, it's unclear. If she were alive then likely the Phoenix would have gone to her. Also the lame Iron Man storyline with Dark Phoenix might not have come to pass, which was a precursor as to why Tony was so Phoenix-buster. I don't think any of the events would have happened in that fashion if Jean were alive for them, but it wouldn't mean the stories would have been better for readers or the characters involved. She probably would have been written so OOC peeps be screamin.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Yeah, sadly I could see this happening.

Now I noticed how much X-men was deconstructed while Jean was dead. They didn't knew when stop with it

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Now I noticed how much X-men was deconstructed while Jean was dead. They didn't knew when stop with it
    Xavier and Cyclops became totally diferent characters. I can't imagine in what Jean would have become.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Xavier and Cyclops became totally diferent characters. I can't imagine in what Jean would have become.
    She was one the moral north of the team, then she was killed and Xavier became a villain. X-men got completely lost and for sure Wolverine wasn't the right guy to rescue the morality of the team.

Maybe if Jean was alive, writers wouldn't go so strong for deconstructing the x-men.

I don't want Jean to be ruined. Most writers confuse deconstruction or controversy with making the characters complex. Sometimes what makes a character special is being pure, good, wholesome and kind, I hope nobody tries to make Jean complex by making her do something edgy.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The X-men stopped being a family when she died. They started to feel more like coworkers that tolerated each other

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    If Jean survives Xorn, Hope wouldn't even exist. Hope's entire existence was manipulated by Jean in the White Hot Room to rescue mutantkind.

But at the end of the day, events will happen regardless. There is zero reason Age of X-Man should exist, since Jean is more than capable of handling Nate. She didn't because the plot required her not to. Nate is an entire level of power below Nova, and Jean handled Nova with absolutely zero trouble.
    Maybe if it was just Jean vs Nate, but he had his power, plus Legions and a life seed. She was no match for him and was only able to barely tip the scale when she combined her power with the other telepaths.

BANNED

Maybe if it was just Jean vs Nate, but he had his power, plus Legions and a life seed. She was no match for him and was only able to barely tip the scale when she combined her power with the other telepaths.
    I think I missed a book or two... In which issue did this happen in?

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    I think I missed a book or two... In which book did this happen?
    Uncanny X-men #10

Jean used the telepaths to lead the charge against Nate. She overpowered him and he used the life seed and Legion's powers to create AoX as a last ditch effort to turn things in his favor

BANNED

Uncanny X-men #10
    Damn that was quick