Page 273 of 626 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283323373 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 9381
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Pretty sure Alan Davis just chose his favourite looks.
    I almost feel like RedJean is looking at this period of her life with trepidation. The looks are arranged in sequence of rise and fall (teen, Marvel Girl 2.0, Phoenix, corrupted Black Queen, Dark Phoenix). Everything else falls after that period and Davis has clearly chosen not use them for this variant cover.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    What Name do you guys call Jean when referrence to her Pink Form??? Do you guys just call her "Pink Form Jean" or????

I ask because I call her Psionic Jean.
    Super Saiyan Jean

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    New variant!
    Wow! Definitely one of the best to date. I'll certainly be scouring Ebay for this one.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't want Jean to be ruined. Most writers confuse deconstruction or controversy with making the characters complex. Sometimes what makes a character special is being pure, good, wholesome and kind, I hope nobody tries to make Jean complex by making her do something edgy.
    The problem is that people often think characters like Jean are less human. Newsflash: you don't need to be a a-hole to be flawed and being a a-hole doesn't make you more human.
    Jean is flawed, but works to be a good person. She is complex, is almost like people ignore the complexities of dark phoenix on building her character

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The X-men stopped being a family when she died. They started to feel more like coworkers that tolerated each other
    Yes, they started fighting theirselves too much. I hope Hickman can re-capture this aspect of family
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-10-2019 at 01:45 PM.

Looking through Marvel's Young Guns 2019 Sketchbook that came out today, I found out Jean and Storm are Russell Dauterman's favorite Marvel characters. Apparently, he became a huge fan of theirs because of the 90s X-Men animated series. I really hope he gets to work on a future book with Jean, because I love his art. You can see how much it's improved since he was a kid, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Looking through Marvel's Young Guns 2019 Sketchbook that came out today, I found out Jean and Storm are Russell Dauterman's favorite Marvel characters. Apparently, he was a huge fan of the 90s X-Men animated series. I really hope he gets to work on a future book with Jean, because I love his art. You can see how much it's improved since he was a kid, haha.
    Dauterman drawing Jean would be so good

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

The X-men stopped being a family when she died. They started to feel more like coworkers that tolerated each other
    I think that had less to do with Jean and more with the fact they were facing extinction plots every single day. All the Xavier retcons didn't help either.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I think that had less to do with Jean and more with the fact they were facing extinction plots every single day. All the Xavier retcons didn't help either.
    nah, the fractures began when Jean died as several X-men lost respect for Scott and Emma's rise in prominence brought tension and an unpleasant tone. Jean had a warm and empathetic personality that was noticeably . The extinction plots didnt help but the relationships within the X-men did suffer IMO without her presence

nah, the fractures began when Jean died as several X-men lost respect for Scott and Emma's rise in prominence brought tension and an unpleasant tone. Jean had a warm and empathetic personality that was noticeably . The extinction plots didnt help but the relationships within the X-men did suffer IMO without her presence
    Jean was becoming more and more Phoenix every day, her being alive wouldn't do all that much because she was being cold even to Scott at times, and would probably only get worse in that sense. And saying they "lost respect" for Scott is a bit much since they continued to follow his lead for years after that (although we as readers know why he stayed with Emma rather than just bail on the X-men; ah, sweet irony)

Jean was becoming more and more Phoenix every day, her being alive wouldn't do all that much because she was being cold even to Scott at times, and would probably only get worse in that sense. And saying they "lost respect" for Scott is a bit much since they continued to follow his lead for years after that (although we as readers know why he stayed with Emma rather than just bail on the X-men; ah, sweet irony)
    Jean as phoenix could reactivate the mutant gene, so no messiah and decimation effects. Just for that it would avoid enough strife between x-men.
    Scott lost respect, even if people followed him, then later a division happened because of it

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't want to bash Emma but on my opinion there were always some X-men go had a bad view of her, regardless if their judgements were true or not. Some didn't care and others like Rachel or Lorna changed their opinions about Scott after Emma (maybe not much for the better). Sorry, I'm really not trying to bash her but i do feel that Jean helps keep everybody united a bit more than Emma did. This why i agree about the X-men losing some of that family feeling after her death.

Imagine if that was Scott, Wolverine or Storm. Their absence would be felt because they are all important elements of the X-men as a family as was Jean.

The seeds for the dissolution of Beast and Scott's friendship happened immediately after Jean died. It would take years before he finally wrote him off but Jean dying was the catalyst for him losing respect and that got progressively worse as time went on.

Characters did still follow Scott but he and Emma together was something that was tolerated and did make people uncomfortable. It didnt help with morale and losing Jean changed the tone of the books
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-10-2019 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean as phoenix could reactivate the mutant gene, so no messiah and decimation effects. Just for that it would avoid enough strife between x-men.
    Of course, from that perspective, this is true. A Phoenix powered Jean would change stories a lot, which is why she was killed. Even Claremont separated her from the X-men for a long time in the original run.

QUOTE=spirit2011;4449861]J
    Scott lost respect, even if people followed him, then later a division happened because of it[/QUOTE]

The division didn't really had to do with Scott being with Emma.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I like Scott but I don't think he is exactly a charismatic leader, people follow him because he gets things done and gets the blame if something goes wrong, not because they like him.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I like Scott but I don't think he is exactly a charismatic leader, people follow him because he gets things done and gets the blame if something goes wrong, not because they like him.
    Scott si pretty awful with people, he got even worse when Jean died. Polaris even said sh eliked him better when he was with Jean and Havok agreed with her

Of course, from that perspective, this is true. A Phoenix powered Jean would change stories a lot, which is why she was killed. Even Claremont separated her from the X-men for a long time in the original run.
    She wasn't killed because of the phoenix, even because it is laughable a phoenix host being killed by fake Magneto.
    The division didn't really had to do with Scott being with Emma.
    It didn't, but him being with emma didn't helped